• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 bajangirl01

bajangirl01

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

Tomorrow is the final episode of One Life to Live and the stars will be on the View, with Erika Slezak co-hosting.There is a surprised guest and I suspect is is Judith Light who played Karen Wolek, even though I thought it might have been Agnes Nixon, but she was on the show today.
Anyone has any guesses?

#2 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

I can't believe I forgot set my DVR. I hope someone puts it on YouTube later

#3 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I sadly didn't catch that episode of "The View" OLTL. I wish I had. I used to watch "The View" until it coincided with another program I watch. Making decisions as to which one to turn to is impossible sometimes: A cute male judge vs a round table of women? Hmm. OK, a cute male judge vs. Whoopi OK that one I'll have to think about because I actually love her. Such a funny lady.

#4 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hahaha

Posted Image

#5 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Before and After? I know they're not the same actress, still, the resemblance to each other is uncanny. I wonder who took the page from whom? The make up they did on the one on the left (Ugly Betty?) though is remarkable. I've seen her without this get up. Quite a lovely lady. Not too fond of the one on the right (name escapes me); when she starts talking about politics i tune it out.

#6 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

TvFool - It is Before and After pictures of the View's Elisabeth Hasselbeck

#7 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Wow, that is uncanny. I honestly thought that was the Ugly Betty actress as well. They did a great job changing her look. Pretty good make up job when anyone looking cannot tell that's the same actress. I suppose that's the purpose, right? Wouldn't be much of a challenge if you could see through the make up and tell who the actor/ress is, lol.

#8 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sorry for the confusion, I should have added a caption

The first is Elisabeth when she was younger, the second is what she looks like now. It is not a makeup transformation, more like changes brought on by time

She does look like a different person, a better version of her younger self

#9 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

I caught the resemblance right away, but I have watched Elisabeth Hasselbeck since she appeared on one of the early "Survivor" shows. I know what you mean about her political bent. Still, I like the way she thinks more than I do the way Joy thinks. Joy is the comedian who is never funny to me.

#10 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I caught the resemblance right away, but I have watched Elisabeth Hasselbeck since she appeared on one of the early "Survivor" shows. I know what you mean about her political bent. Still, I like the way she thinks more than I do the way Joy thinks. Joy is the comedian who is never funny to me.

Joy always to me sounds like she's trying to be funny and it's not working out. It's nothing new and more of the same as we've heard from other wise cracking "say it like it is" ladies. Whoopi is a funny lady to me, and usually has me in stitches with tears rolling down my face from her take on things. Now she's a funny lady as well as a very accomplished actress. I loved her in The Color Purple.

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

I disagree with her political point of view but I kinda admire Elisabeth for sticking to her guns. It must be tough to be the only Republican on the panel

Joy is just a bully

#12 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I don't care for her take on politics either and using The View to air those positions especially when it doesn't seem like it belongs where she decided to insert it. I really don't care for the attitudes either of "I know more than you" about things. Everyone has a right to their opinions and while I agree that she ought to be applauded for airing hers, I would like to see less of it or at least toned down a bit so that it's not a wet blanket on an otherwise watchable episode. Of course it wouldn't work on the ratings much if it was toned down.

#13 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

I don't care for her take on politics either and using The View to air those positions especially when it doesn't seem like it belongs where she decided to insert it. I really don't care for the attitudes either of "I know more than you" about things. Everyone has a right to their opinions and while I agree that she ought to be applauded for airing hers, I would like to see less of it or at least toned down a bit so that it's not a wet blanket on an otherwise watchable episode. Of course it wouldn't work on the ratings much if it was toned down.

But aren't the other ladies doing the same thing? Using the platform they've been given to express their opinions on everything, including their political views?

I almost always agree with Whoopi but she is doing the same thing Elisabeth is doing. Maybe Elisabeth comes across as obnoxious because being the lone one, she has to scream louder to be heard. Either way it sucks to be her lol

#14 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

I find sometimes the discussions smack more of a political debate than an exchange of personal opinions. It's almost like each are campaigning. I can see why Elisabeth feels the way she does; I would if I had to share the lime light with Barbara Walters and Whoopi, both are strong women that have a huge following of fans. I don't know about anyone else but I feel many of those hot topic conversations are rehearsed and designed to boost ratings. Still, while nothing can ever replace the heated exchanges between O'Donnell and Trump that catapulted the show's ratings into the stratosphere, they haven't done too bad holding their own since O'Donnell left The View.

#15 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Before and After? I know they're not the same actress, still, the resemblance to each other is uncanny. I wonder who took the page from whom? The make up they did on the one on the left (Ugly Betty?) though is remarkable. I've seen her without this get up. Quite a lovely lady. Not too fond of the one on the right (name escapes me); when she starts talking about politics i tune it out.

Yeah, me too. I don't think she really "thinks" for herself politically - I get the impression she's just regurgitating stuff she's already heard. I don't really respect what she has to say because she just doesn't seem that bright. She's cute, but she should keep her mouth shut :ninja .

#16 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yeah, me too. I don't think she really "thinks" for herself politically - I get the impression she's just regurgitating stuff she's already heard. I don't really respect what she has to say because she just doesn't seem that bright. She's cute, but she should keep her mouth shut :ninja .

Ouch :lol

#17 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I've had about all I can handle from Elizabeth which is why I stopped watching The View. I sometimes get the urge to toss a brick at my TV but stop short because even if I could actually hit her with the brick, I doubt it'd stop her constant clucking. She certainly keeps the blood pumping for me better than coffee in the morning. That's ok, switching channels to turn off her droning and self righteous soap box rant is satisfying. Too bad I cannot do that for EVERYTHING I find just as irritating lol..

#18 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

I've had about all I can handle from Elizabeth which is why I stopped watching The View. I sometimes get the urge to toss a brick at my TV but stop short because even if I could actually hit her with the brick, I doubt it'd stop her constant clucking. She certainly keeps the blood pumping for me better than coffee in the morning. That's ok, switching channels to turn off her droning and self righteous soap box rant is satisfying. Too bad I cannot do that for EVERYTHING I find just as irritating lol..

EXACTLY! She's an idiot. I caught an episode not long ago with Bill Maher as the guest, and she made such a fool out of herself because all she wanted to do was pick a fight with him, and he wanted nothing to do with it. She wouldn't shut up - gah!! I wanted to reach through the screen and punch her out :ninja .

I appreciate well-supported views whether they're the same as my own or not if they're presented intelligently. But she just comes across as a privileged, clueless parrot.

#19 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

I want to know who gave her a spot on GMA. I don't know, has she had any formal education in journalism?

#20 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

If she did, she needs to go back to school as she missed a few classes, like: How not to piss off the interviewer; Things we don't say when we haven't proof to back them up; Things we don't say to a panel who's not the same political party as we are then act surprised when they disagree with our view (DUH) and so on.