• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Does this show still come on. Or was it actually replaced by that show, "The Chew"?

Barbra Walters is still mumbling her way on it

#22 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

If she did, she needs to go back to school as she missed a few classes, like: How not to piss off the interviewer; Things we don't say when we haven't proof to back them up; Things we don't say to a panel who's not the same political party as we are then act surprised when they disagree with our view (DUH) and so on.

I agree. I think she is doing her job. The show must love the controversy she causes just by being herself. She got rewarded for it

#23 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Isn't that why TV does what they do regarding these types of talk shows? I remember O'Donnell and Trump, look how the ratings took off into the wild blue. People ate that up like it was their last meal.

#24 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

I liked Elizabeth and the View before the Obama elections 4 years ago. I still like the other women on the show, but I noticed something about Elizabeth that I just found distasteful. Whenever there was discussion, which was plenty about the candidates, she referred to them in their proper forms, in a way, giving respect to the people and their stations in politics. John McCain was Senator McCain, Hilary Clinton was whatever she was ( sorry guys, I completely forgot ), but when it came to Obama, that's how she referred to him; Obama. And to me, that was was little disrespectful. We get it, the man has no real experience, but he was still a Senator, and to omit the title that he had obviously trained and went to school for, to me, was a bit rude.

Everyone else would refer to him as Senator Obama, even the other candidates, but it was almost like she purposely went out of her way NOT to. I know, it sounds silly, but I'm not a big Obama supporter, in fact, I have a certain loathsome feeling towards all politicians. I think they all say what they have to to get where they want to be, but at the end of the day, they're still just politicians, selling pipe dreams and promises, but I still thought that was a little rude on her part, and totally uncharacteristic of the person I thought she was.

#25 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

I find sometimes the discussions smack more of a political debate than an exchange of personal opinions. It's almost like each are campaigning. I can see why Elisabeth feels the way she does; I would if I had to share the lime light with Barbara Walters and Whoopi, both are strong women that have a huge following of fans. I don't know about anyone else but I feel many of those hot topic conversations are rehearsed and designed to boost ratings. Still, while nothing can ever replace the heated exchanges between O'Donnell and Trump that catapulted the show's ratings into the stratosphere, they haven't done too bad holding their own since O'Donnell left The View.

I was watching The View when the Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump battles were flaming. I'll never forget his calling her a disgusting human being. Rosie is not my favorite person, but he was so blatant in his criticism of her. I used to think he had some degree of manners and taste. After that show, I have never looked at him the same. The View really can affect the views of all of us back home from time to time. I prefer good old-fashioned courtesy and human dignity and respect those who demonstrate it.

#26 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Does this show still come on. Or was it actually replaced by that show, "The Chew"?

#27 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Barbra Walters is still mumbling her way on it

lol I take it you aren't much a fan of Walters. But if she's the only one left of the old regime, I'm shocked it's still around.

#28 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

No, tragically the long running soap opera All My Children was replaced by The Chew. As for The View it is still on TV and still going strong. I have to admit though that I haven't sat down to watch it in awhile. In fact, that last time I saw The View was when they did their farewell tribute to One Life to Live.

#29 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, now that I think about it, it's pretty sad to see all the old classic soap operas go. I'm still wondering why General Hospital survived when All my Children and One life to Live didn't.

#30 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

This show... *shudders*

I don't get it. How can anyone stand to watch this? These women...they all talk too much..talk over each other...they all think they're funny and make these painfully awful jokes. I'm not sure what audience this show is supposed to appeal to, but I'm certainly not a part of it.

#31 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

This show... *shudders*

I don't get it. How can anyone stand to watch this? These women...they all talk too much..talk over each other...they all think they're funny and make these painfully awful jokes. I'm not sure what audience this show is supposed to appeal to, but I'm certainly not a part of it.

I think they're trying (keyword TRYING) to appeal to the mid 30's to late 40's range of women. But then again, who knows.

#32 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I heard Barbara Walters is retiring. Anyone else hear this rumor??? I mean how old is she anyway, like 100 and something?

#33 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I actually prefer the show when Barbara Walters is away. I mostly just like to hear what Joy has to say.

#34 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I don't watch the show too often at all but I prefer it when Barbara is not there. I feel like all the women are more candid when she's away. My favorite is Whoopi and Joy.

#35 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well of course they're more candid when Barbara isn't there it's her show. Everyone is always more honest when the boss isn't around. Notice how people straighten up and talk different when their boss walks by as they stand by the water cooler. It's always been this way. I think this show needs to bring Rosie back though. I mean she got them ratings with her feuds with Trump and all these other people.

#36 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I find sometimes the discussions smack more of a political debate than an exchange of personal opinions. It's almost like each are campaigning. I can see why Elisabeth feels the way she does; I would if I had to share the lime light with Barbara Walters and Whoopi, both are strong women that have a huge following of fans. I don't know about anyone else but I feel many of those hot topic conversations are rehearsed and designed to boost ratings. Still, while nothing can ever replace the heated exchanges between O'Donnell and Trump that catapulted the show's ratings into the stratosphere, they haven't done too bad holding their own since O'Donnell left The View.

I was watching The View when the Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump battles were flaming. I'll never forget his calling her a disgusting human being. Rosie is not my favorite person, but he was so blatant in his criticism of her. I used to think he had some degree of manners and taste. After that show, I have never looked at him the same. The View really can affect the views of all of us back home from time to time. I prefer good old-fashioned courtesy and human dignity and respect those who demonstrate it.

I have to agree with you there. But it seems Trump always turns into a 8 year old whenever he has a beef with someone. Its like he dosen't really know how to handle criticism. I just think he is a big fake. Don't get me wrong, I am sure he has access to a lot of money, but I don't think he has anything close to what he claims to have.

#37 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Trump only has money because he's filed for bankruptcy twice. That means that when his "people" tell him that his creditors are after his money, he files to protect his assets from those creditors or the people he owes. So basically, he's become rich by being a deadbeat. Spending more money than he should, and renegging on paying his bills when they're due.

#38 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Trump only has money because he's filed for bankruptcy twice. That means that when his "people" tell him that his creditors are after his money, he files to protect his assets from those creditors or the people he owes. So basically, he's become rich by being a deadbeat. Spending more money than he should, and renegging on paying his bills when they're due.

Oh yeah. That's true. I remember hearing Trump filed for bankruptcy once, but I didn't know it was twice. Well like you said, he knows how to work the system in his favor.

#39 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Indeed. But working class people who get free Healthcare are all of a sudden moochers or bad people living off the government dole. It's crazy how things work sometimes.

#40 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

This show has really gone down hill in my opinion. I tried to watch an episode the other day and it was so incredibly stupid it made me cringe. Whoopi was trying to talk about the reviews on Amazon's new Art store, where you can purchase fine art. People have been trolling the service writing fake satirical reviews of the artwork, and Whoopi didn't even get that the reviews were just a joke - she honestly thought they were real, and started complaining about how stupid people are. They all talk over each other at the same time, so you can never make out what any one of them are saying either.