• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Has anyone seen the new lineup of The View ? They have added Jenny Mcarthy to the cast. So far I don't think she adds much to the mix, but that could be because she has not warmed up to her new job yet. Something still seems to be missing from the show.

#42 GrodnersPet

GrodnersPet

Friendly

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Has anyone seen the new lineup of The View ? They have added Jenny Mcarthy to the cast. So far I don't think she adds much to the mix, but that could be because she has not warmed up to her new job yet. Something still seems to be missing from the show.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck's narcism maybe? :P

#43 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Elisabeth Hasselbeck's narcism maybe? :P

Good ridden's to Elizabeth. I hope they enjoy her over at fox. She and her lack of professionalism added nothing to the show. I must admit things on the set appear to be much quieter without Elisabeth constant interrupting and arguments.

#44 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

I haven’t given Jenny enough of a chance yet. I only turn on The View once in a while, but so far I’m not that on board. I don’t dislike her by any means, but it seems like a strange fit. Overall, I prefer The Talk far more.

#45 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm starting to hate Whoopi on The View. I used to like her for putting Elizabeth in check from time to time, but now she just seems like she is often monopolizing the conversations and dismissing everyone elses opinions while constantly asserting her own. The remaining cast seems kind of over it, like they have had enough of the show. Jenny is sort of treading water and not really getting on anyone's bad side yet.

#46 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I don't mind Whoopi she seems to be the only one puttting in any effort. The rest just kind of coast though the entire show. I am waiting for Jenny to find her footing I know this is still new to her, but she does not add much to the mix. Sheri and Jenny behave as if they are long lost playmates. The show is lacking the deep thought discussion that use to take place.

#47 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I may be imagining it, but it seems like there may be a behind the scenes situation between Whoppi and Jenny. ( I love them both) I don't know why I get the feeling that Whoppi doesn't really care for her very much. I catch some strange looks and body language. I have also notice Sherry is way more aggressive than she used to be.... talking over Barbara.... I guess now that she knows Barbara is leaving she is feeling a little more gutsy....Maybe its just me... but the next few months will tell the tale. 

#48 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Oh god, if Sherry "the earth is flat, yall" Shepphard takes over the show, that will be the final nail in the coffin for me. Have you ever seen any of her standup? It's awful. 

#49 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

I just can't watch this show anymore. How did things get so far way from where they stared? This program used to be a serious news magazine show, something between  20/20 and GMA. Now this show is getting closer to OMG insider. The journalistic edge is fading things feel less smart and witty and more frivolous and watered down.

#50 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

I am so glad Elizabeth is gone! She got on my last nerve. I am so glad Jenny is on the show now. The whole cast just seems a lot more relaxed. I like how Jenny is wearing a bunch of "mom" shirts too and trying to play down her hotness to be taken seriously.

#51 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

I am so glad Elizabeth is gone! She got on my last nerve. I am so glad Jenny is on the show now. The whole cast just seems a lot more relaxed. I like how Jenny is wearing a bunch of "mom" shirts too and trying to play down her hotness to be taken seriously.

I am sorry I still can't take Jenny seriously. I don't think this is her format. She needs to be doing a  late night talk show likes Chelsea Handler.  Light and funny is more her style. Jenny seems uncomfortable at times on the view.

Edited by NDN, 01 April 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#52 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:09 AM

How annoying is Whoppie Goldberg's voice?? I could have sworn that it wasn't like that in some of her older movies?? It is so deep and gravely now? Plus, I don't really like her on the show, to be honest. Still I will always love her movies lol.

#53 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

The View has fund its fall line up. The talk show has signed  Nicole Wallace ,Rosie Perez  and  Rosie O'Donnell. The new host will take their place along side Whoopi Goldberg this month.

#54 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Is anyone else excited that the View is going to have Rosie Perez on the show? I don't really know who the other lady is, but I am just excited for Rosie. I think they got the other lady because she is supposed to be the "Elizabeth." It should be a fun season to watch!

#55 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

I tried to give the View a chance, but I didn't make it ten minutes. I really just wanted to see that I was right about this version being absolute hot garbage.

There is no way that Whoopi and Rosie O'Donnell are going to make it. Especially when one of them is the moderator. They have to find someone else to moderate to attempt a semblance of balance.

#56 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:20 AM

That's how I feel about it now Kendall. I tried to watch it, but I couldn't even come back after the commercial break. I just changed it to the Food Network. So not worth watching. At least the Price is Right is on at that time. I'm also into watching Deals on the Live Well Network. That's way better.

#57 Kendall

Kendall

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

The reason why The View was originally good is that we were able to learn who the hosts were as the show progressed. Now, that they are so busy chasing stars, there nothing for us to look forward to.

You already know what position they will take, so what's the point?

#58 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

I think I have a totally different "view" of the View this season. I saw bits and pieces of the first show this season and I am not impressed. I liked Rosie's pedicure and the way she sat in the chair. I loved Whoopi"s shoes. Did you guys see the shoes? And the other Rosie, I am still trying to get used to her interesting accent. Well the Republican who's name I can't remember; I don't know what to make of her just yet. It did not hold my attention. I am going try watching a few more shows. Hopefully I will have something meaningful to share.

#59 cp2025

cp2025

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

I just find this show to be utterly terrible. There isn't anything remotely interesting or appealing about it to me personally. None of the people on the show are particularly bright and the discussions usually descend into a bunch of irrational nonsense. I don't see what people get out of this show, because I certainly didn't enjoy it at all. I don't know how it stays on the air considering the awful quality of the show.

#60 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

Oh dear. You really don't like the show. You might change your mind if you look through the  guest list. Like someone suggested in an earlier post they are busy chasing stars, so maybe there is a star you like that might be appearing on the show soon.

Russell Brandt was on recently. I missed a lot of it.  I was hoping someone could fill me in but the fan base here seems low or non existent.