• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

My number one favorite is M*A*S*H. I have all 11 seasons on DVD and watch them regularly. The runner up for me would have to be All in the Family. That show was hysterical and very smart all at the same time.

#22 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I'm totally into Mr. Bean :) even tho people think its not a good show and it has some kind of weird humor, for me it is great and always make me laugh when I'm sad. I admire Rowan Atkinson as an actor not only in Mr. Bean but also in other movies and TV shows.

#23 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

I like the old 1970-1990 British comedies like: Keeping up Appearances, Are You Being Served and several others. They're dated for sure but, they're from a time our society still had values and morals. They have PG rated sexual innuendo but it's just that, a hint and it plays funny even today.

#24 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Well I can go way back to some real classics! I can still watch I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith plus some more and still laugh at loud.

#25 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I didn't watch television much in the 80s because I was so busy in my career and additional schooling. I totally missed Seinfeld, so I've enjoyed watching the episodes whenever I could access them. Those things are still funny to me.

#26 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

I Love Lucy is a no-brainer, and Happy Days. I know The Wonder Years wasn't a LOL a minute, but I'm gonna count it because it was a half hour show and I love comedies that turn into tearjerkers every now and then.

#27 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Is Family Matters considered a classic comedy? I guess for me it is. Steve Urkel still makes me chuckle no matter how annoying he may get. I also loved watching The Cosby Show, I Love Lucy, of course, and sitcom reruns on Nick at Nite.

#28 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

The Cosby Show and Married with Children. Those are the two comedies that stick out for me. Even thought the shows are literally polar opposites of each other, both are the best at what they offer.

#29 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I love me some Andy Griffith! Taking a visit to Mayberry would just be totally cool. Its a classic that will never out date itself. I can even watch the episodes over and over.

#30 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

This is a hard one for me to pinpoint. Like so many others I love classic comedies. Some of these still make me laugh in practically every episode,like the Golden Girls and the Odd Couple just to name two. Some of these I grew up watching such as Mary Tyler More, The Brady Bunch and Happy Days. Fortunately I now have a digital channel in my area that airs a good portion of my favorite classic sitcoms so I can watch them all over again.

#31 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

"Roseanne". I thought it was a good show with terrific acting and very realistic storylines.

#32 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

"Roseanne". I thought it was a good show with terrific acting and very realistic storylines.

Roseanne was a good show. But I like everyone on the show EXCEPT the person the show was named after lol. Funny that.

#33 artistry

artistry

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I Love Lucy and Happy Days were two of my very favorite shows. I loved the way Lucy was always kooky, whatever she was doing.

#34 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

I Love Lucy is a no-brainer, and Happy Days. I know The Wonder Years wasn't a LOL a minute, but I'm gonna count it because it was a half hour show and I love comedies that turn into tearjerkers every now and then.

You're right. When I look back, I don't think of it as a sad show. I suppose it does fit more of a "drama" than a solid comedy, though. Either way, I love going back and watching it sometimes. <3

#35 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

I use to watch I Love Raymond. It was a very funny show, and the mom was great in it. I also watched Seinfeld some, which Kramer was great in. I never watched Leave It To Beaver, but hear it was great as well. 

#36 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

One of my favorites growing up was a show called Step by Step, with Patrick Duffy and Suzanne Sommers. They both have three children and get married. I remember the show being very funny, especially the character Cody, who was played by Sasha Mitchell. He was a riot. Another classic for me is ALF. That show was great, with the alien that lands on earth and runs arounf trying to eat the family cat. I actually watched that show recently and still found it to be hysterical.

#37 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

I prefer some of the classice comedies over the new ones. A few of my favorites are I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, Married with Children, I Dream of Jeannie, and The Musters. It's a shame they can't make shows like that anymore.

#38 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

Definitely FRIENDS. It's a true classic and can bring a smile to anyone's face.

Anytime it's on TV I always watch it no matter how many times I've watched the episode. :D

#39 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

I know MadTV was kind of like a second-rate SNL, but there were a few skits on there that used to have me in tears laughing. Deborah Wilson did a spot on Whitney Houston and Oprah. Mo Collins did a hilarious spoof of Katherine Zeta Jones. Their Clay Aiken was hysterical too. I could watch reruns of that for hours on end.

#40 byersals

byersals

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

It makes me sad that I see Friends on Nick at Nite as a classic comedy.  It does not seem that long ago! So I guess along those same lines, I would have to say the Cosby Show ranks up there, too.