• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:42 AM

To answer your question of whether you think this or staged or not, I think you just answered it for yourself. The moment you said it's like the British version of Jerry Springer, that's how you know it's fake. It was a few years back that there was a show break down on all the things that are faking it for the ratings. Jerry Springer was one of them. So, if you're making that comparison  it's safe to say that it's all scripted. Honestly, I don't even think Jeremy Kyle shouldn't be listed under Talk Show since the whole point of a talk show is to converse and find things out that will enlighten or inspire. A good few of those listed are just there for dramatic purposes, NOT to be labeled as a talk show. 

It is nothing like a British Jerry Springer. American tends to be a lit more outrageous. Jeremy Kyle has real people on his show, and real stories, and in many instances you can tell that he really cares, which is more than we can say for Jerry Springer. You may want to Youtube some episodes of the UK Jeremy Kyle show just to see what you are talking about. Also, to add to that, I know real human beings who have gone up to Manchester to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show to have their issues sorted out by Jeremy and his team.

I've met a few people that have been on the show too and they tell me how it all happened. They do keep in contact with people and follow up as the person I knew had been on the show twice! Once was a paternity test, as it is a populat topic and another an affair. I doubt much is scripted which is why they have therapists on hand and many people walk off or change their minds and don't come on stage, which is when Jeremy goes back stage to talk to them or to convince them to come out.

Edited by Gabe, 19 December 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#22 PennySafe

PennySafe

Shy

• 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

I dont think Jeremy Kyle comes on in my area anymore and Im thankful.  We have Bill Cunningham, which isn't much better but I feel like Bill Cunningham has a funnier personality, while Jeremy Kyle seems to act like a tough guy. 

#23 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

To answer your question of whether you think this or staged or not, I think you just answered it for yourself. The moment you said it's like the British version of Jerry Springer, that's how you know it's fake. It was a few years back that there was a show break down on all the things that are faking it for the ratings. Jerry Springer was one of them. So, if you're making that comparison  it's safe to say that it's all scripted. Honestly, I don't even think Jeremy Kyle shouldn't be listed under Talk Show since the whole point of a talk show is to converse and find things out that will enlighten or inspire. A good few of those listed are just there for dramatic purposes, NOT to be labeled as a talk show. 

It is nothing like a British Jerry Springer. American tends to be a lit more outrageous. Jeremy Kyle has real people on his show, and real stories, and in many instances you can tell that he really cares, which is more than we can say for Jerry Springer. You may want to Youtube some episodes of the UK Jeremy Kyle show just to see what you are talking about. Also, to add to that, I know real human beings who have gone up to Manchester to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show to have their issues sorted out by Jeremy and his team.

I've met a few people that have been on the show too and they tell me how it all happened. They do keep in contact with people and follow up as the person I knew had been on the show twice! Once was a paternity test, as it is a populat topic and another an affair. I doubt much is scripted which is why they have therapists on hand and many people walk off or change their minds and don't come on stage, which is when Jeremy goes back stage to talk to them or to convince them to come out.

Seconded. Jerry Springer wouldn't know what a therapist is lol. He was always too busy laughing his guts up at his guests and their outrageousness - if it was even real - to get them the therapists/therapy that they so needed lol. With the person that I know, who had been on the show, she had gone on there for being angry and troublesome. All throughout secondary school, she was this way. We used to hang out, and then one day she appeared on the show. She didn't even tell anyone that she was going on the show lol. It was such a shock. You can tell that Jeremy Kyle is a real person, which is a lot more than can be said for Jerry Springer.