• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:29 AM

Yes, we all know that YouTube is a great resource for entertainment.  But it can also be a good educational tool.  If you want to know how to fix something or how to go about doing something online such as downloading music, go to YouTube.  Turns out there are many different tutorials out there that teach various things to people. 

I would warn though that anyone can put a video out  on YouTube and that means that some of the videos aren't as good as others.  In short there could be times when you have to look through some duds to actually get someone who knows what they are talking about and can actually explain it in good detail. 

#2 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

I watch DYI video's on youtube all the time.  They even have cooking instructions on there.  Most of the things I know how to build (radio tower, solar panels, wind generator... etc) was because of Youtube.  When I was in college, I used Youtub for extra information on my subjects, such as math and history.  Youtube is an amazing resource for both education and entertainment.

#3 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

I personally love watching the ''crazy Russian hacker'' videos on YouTube, I loved his zombie apocalypse series ;)  Some really useful tips right there, because you never know when you will need to open a can of tuna without a can opener, hehehe!  That one channel of his is truly incredible! You can learn to make candles with crayons, learn how to pick a lock and many other interesting things. I also love his life hacks ;)