• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

I loved this show, but this season has really be hit and miss. And the miss, imo, is because the writers don't know what to do with Robin. For whatever reason, they are obsessed with thinking she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and man...it's just enough with Ted and Robin or Barney and Robin. ENOUGH. I think the hair and wardrobe people agree with me because I don't think Cobie has worn a flattering outfit or hairstyle all season.

With Ted, we all know she's Aunt Robin so anything else is wasting our time (and also making it completely implausible that she's Aunt Robin -- like the mother would let Robin stay in their lives after all this push and pull). Second, WTH does Ted like her so much. This is a woman who freaked the hell out when she thought he was proposing but accepted another guy like within 10 minutes. Why is he back to "I love you Robin." WHY? What has she done for him that is so great. NOTHING. I was so glad when Marshall told her she had to move out.

I like Barney and Quinn. I don't know that they're end game, but I think they're interesting. Plus, it gives Barney and Ted lots of BFF moments and that's when they are both at their best. I wont even mind if they go back to Robin and Barney eventually (though I personally think he ends up having kids so I don't see it), but right now, let Robin figure out her life (preferably off screen) and let Barney learn how to be in a relationship.

Marshall and Lily still have some great stuff, but they're mainly supporting for me. I didn't enjoy the move to the suburbs and then move back. I hate Lily's dad. I'm so sad Marshall's dad was killed off but that was some of the best material the show has ever done. Hopefully the baby wont ruin them.

#2 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

How I met your mother aka HIMYM is one of my favourite comedy series currently running. It revolves around a close knit group of 5 friends...somewhat similar to our old Favorite - FRIENDS. It is hilarious and personally a great stress buster.

Anyone else follows this show ?

#3 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

How I met your mother aka HIMYM is one of my favourite comedy series currently running. It revolves around a close knit group of 5 friends...somewhat similar to our old Favorite - FRIENDS. It is hilarious and personally a great stress buster.

Anyone else follows this show ?

Hey great thread, I have been watching HIMYM since the pilot and it has been a treat to watch.

It is an awesome show. I really enjoy watching Barney, Ted, Marshall, Lilly & Robin and the show makes me feel like I am one of them.

Personally the season where Barney and Robin hooked has been my favourite.

And just to get the discussion going - who do you think is a better match for Robin : Barney or Ted or Kevin??

#4 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

a legen(wait for it)dary show which is on for it's 7th season and is not going down on ratings whatsoever. NPH, Jason, Josh, Alyson and Cobie have been just awesome for each and every episode.

My favourite episodes have been the ones where all of them end up partying (any reason or no reason). McLaren's pub has opened up in our neighbourhood and I am a regular there. Hope to meet a person like NPH some time. LOL :D

#5 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

I watched the pilot and a few episodes namely because I had seen 3 of the actors: Alyson Hannigan; Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, MD) and of course Bob Saget (Full House, America's Funniest Home Videos,) even though he's the narrator on the show act in other shows and I wanted to see the chemistry between them. I found it's just okay; I have nothing against the program but for me, it's just not that interesting.

#6 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Its worth watching for NPH. He does a great job as Barney. I am not crazy about the other characters, some of the writing for them is a little rough at times, but it is still the best comedy we have going at the moment.

#7 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Never actually seen this show before but I've been meaning to. I've heard that the writing is very good from a few of my friends so might be about time that I check it out.

#8 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

I love HIMYM! I started watching it when it first came out. I keep meaning to get caught up, but I just don't have the time. I might just have to read some recaps and start watching where they are now.

#9 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

I love HIMYM! I started watching it when it first came out. I keep meaning to get caught up, but I just don't have the time. I might just have to read some recaps and start watching where they are now.

Entertainment Weekly does a pretty good weekly recap.

#10 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

I was addicted to HIMYM when I first found it (recommendation from my hubby's friend). Now that it's been a few years, I really wish they would get to the point and close this series out. It's dragging on and on, and there are better things to watch on TV.

#11 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Why is dragging?

To answer your question simplejo, I think Barney will marry Robin. Bridesmaid and Groom anyone?

I hope they stop trying with Barney and Quinn. NHP has more chemistry with Robin, go with that

#12 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

I really enjoy HIMYM. I rarely watch it the night it airs, but that's what the DVR is for! Barney is also one of my favorite characters and I think everyone loves that a gay man is playing such a womanizer.

#13 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

I think realityjunkie means the primus is dragging on and on. This is the problem with having such a set primus, instead of just having a show following these people, its someone telling what by now is the longest winded meandering story ever. I love the show also, and don't want to see it end, but the "here is how I met your mother" story telling thing is getting old. They need to introduce the mother and have the story change to "let me tell you about your mom when she was younger" kind of thing.

#14 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

I was addicted to HIMYM when I first found it (recommendation from my hubby's friend). Now that it's been a few years, I really wish they would get to the point and close this series out. It's dragging on and on, and there are better things to watch on TV.

I agree that the show is dragging. There are still some episodes that are hilarious, but sometimes I wish they would just get to the point and tell us who the mother.

#15 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

There is a lot they could do once they reveal the mother. The show doesn't have to end there. My concern is this will turn into another lost.

#16 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

I love this show. It's one of the few comedies I actually enjoy. It's had some rough times, but NPH has always carried me through. I'm a big NPH fan!

I'm also sick of Robin. Her character is fine, but the whole love triangle thing is really old. I don't know what to think about Barney and Quinn. It seems like he's never happy until he's met a woman that challenges him, but it always falls through in the end.

#17 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

I don't know that the Robin plotlines are that bad. They have done a lot of character development with her, and the love triangle thing didn't last so long. While there is still a story of her/Ted, they have really progressed it from where it originally started.

I do think its about time they introduced the Mother. 7 Seasons is long enough to stretch that out.

#18 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I don't know that the Robin plotlines are that bad. They have done a lot of character development with her, and the love triangle thing didn't last so long. While there is still a story of her/Ted, they have really progressed it from where it originally started.

I do think its about time they introduced the Mother. 7 Seasons is long enough to stretch that out.

Yeah, really. I'd hate to be his kids sitting there for all of that nonsense.

#19 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

Its not the kids that bug me, I mean as a tool to bind the show, it works well. Its just while the characters are developed and driven forward, the wrapping of the show isn't. At some point a show needs to move to the next level or die.

#20 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Since the kids are being shot in 2030 and the daughter apoears to be about 15, that means Ted *must* meet the mother soon, because we have to factor in about a year of the mom being pregnant. That is, assuming the show stays true to its present-day timeline like it has so far.