• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181 almost2

almost2

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

How I Met Your Mother was very hit-or-miss for me but I still watched it through til the end.  For me, the ending was a huge disappointment -- it wasn't necessarily a surprise, but just the turn I was hoping they didn't take.  I was young when Friends was popular, and my family didn't watch it while growing up, so I guess I'm happy I experienced HIMYM.  The jokes are popular among my circle of friends and overall it did have some funny moments, so I don't regret watching it.

I agree with you. I didn't like the ending either. It wasn't like a huge surprise, but a felt a bit deceived. Overall, I loved the show though. Barney and Marshall are my favorite characters and they liven up what was otherwise a cheesy love story. 

#182 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

I watched this series late last year and saw it the whole way through. The funny thing is I had seen it on before but it always looked boring to me and I always said I loved Neil Patrick Harris. Anyway it was one of those series that you had to watch more to get into.

I loved it so much the more I watched it but then the finale came. Like others I was very disappointed about it. It wasn't a shock because they foreshadowed it very well the last few episodes but I was hoping they wouldn't go that way.

Apparently they had the finale written like this way before but it's like they didn't pay attention to their own story because it didn't make sense anymore as the story progresses and it's just ridiculous to have the mother pass on. This is a comedy show. You do not kill the title character.

I have mixed feelings about it now. I still watch reruns on occasion because it's funny but it has way less emotional meaning knowing what happened in the end.

#183 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

Not the kind of ending I was expecting from the beginning, I was actually hoping they'd go for a happy ending instead of that super depressing ending! Man, it was so sad!  I liked the alternative ending better, I'm actually glad I could watch that one, but I'll never forget the real ending. 

Back to the official ending... I actually think that ought to be the saddest thing that can ever happen to a couple that is in love and hoping to start a life together, it's actually my worst nightmare and am so afraid it actually happens to me. Not cool at all. I always thought of this TV show as a really comforting TV show, but in the end it turned out to be something else.

Edited by Sefarad, 03 March 2015 - 09:37 AM.