• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm not really fond of the Barney-Robin storyline. It has always felt very forced, and I really don't feel any chemistry between them.

Well, so far, we've seen where Ted will meet the mother - hopefully we get to finally know who she is in the season finale!

Oh we better get to meet the mother before then! They haven't locked in a season 9, so this could be it. I want sometime with the woman we've been waiting to meet for years.

I've never really gotten the Robin/Barney thing, but I'm happy for the fans who ship them. I'd be happier if they'd move it along faster, but what can you do?

#22 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

I loved this show, but this season has really be hit and miss. And the miss, imo, is because the writers don't know what to do with Robin. For whatever reason, they are obsessed with thinking she's the greatest thing since sliced bread and man...it's just enough with Ted and Robin or Barney and Robin. ENOUGH. I think the hair and wardrobe people agree with me because I don't think Cobie has worn a flattering outfit or hairstyle all season.

With Ted, we all know she's Aunt Robin so anything else is wasting our time (and also making it completely implausible that she's Aunt Robin -- like the mother would let Robin stay in their lives after all this push and pull). Second, WTH does Ted like her so much. This is a woman who freaked the hell out when she thought he was proposing but accepted another guy like within 10 minutes. Why is he back to "I love you Robin." WHY? What has she done for him that is so great. NOTHING. I was so glad when Marshall told her she had to move out.

I like Barney and Quinn. I don't know that they're end game, but I think they're interesting. Plus, it gives Barney and Ted lots of BFF moments and that's when they are both at their best. I wont even mind if they go back to Robin and Barney eventually (though I personally think he ends up having kids so I don't see it), but right now, let Robin figure out her life (preferably off screen) and let Barney learn how to be in a relationship.

Marshall and Lily still have some great stuff, but they're mainly supporting for me. I didn't enjoy the move to the suburbs and then move back. I hate Lily's dad. I'm so sad Marshall's dad was killed off but that was some of the best material the show has ever done. Hopefully the baby wont ruin them.

Yeah, I think the show is getting to the end personally. I would give it maybe a few more seasons,and then I hope we know who the mother is ...

My favorite character is, of course, Barney :) I like Marshall and Lily as a couple, always have. I've been very pro-Alyson Hannigan since her Buffy days though so that's part of the reason why I like her so much.

It's a great show. I'm looking forward to seeing more, and I am getting that feeling that they're running out of places to take it.

#23 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Am I the only person who finds this show completely drab and boring?! I hate it! I don't know how he met their mother, or their mother is for that matter, but I really wish he would get to the point so the show would just end.

The only redeeming quality it has, for me, is Neil Patrick Harris, and that's really because I'm a big NPH fan. Ted is probably the most annoying man I've ever seen and if I ever saw him in person, I'd either deck him or run the other way...maybe both.

#24 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

I used to love this show but I think that Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan carry the show for me. I am getting tired of Ted's wishy washy dating life and at this point I don't really care who their mother is!

#25 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Its not the kids that bug me, I mean as a tool to bind the show, it works well. Its just while the characters are developed and driven forward, the wrapping of the show isn't. At some point a show needs to move to the next level or die.

Yeah, the kids give it a timeline. I'm just saying that it's gone on for so long, surely they're getting sick of him talking :lol

I just got caught up and I'm so not impressed. They have to come up with a new spiel or finish this up. As much as I love the show, it's past its prime.

#26 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm surprised Lily ended up naming her baby Marvin in the finale. I get the tribute to Marshall's dad, but Marvin is an odd name for a tot. He's going to get teased and called "Marvin the Martian"!

#27 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

I follow more of HIMYM online than offline, it tends to conflict with a ton of our other shows so I am forced to catch up online and watch older episodes than stay current. I doubt I will ever give it up in full though, Barney is too much of a character for that!

#28 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm not anywhere near bored of HIMYM yet. The problem with Ted meeting the mother is the show will probably go downhill from that point.

I like Robin and based on the finale, it seems like she and Barney will end up together in the end.

#29 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I am glad that it is ending within 1-2 season so WE CAN FIND OUT WHO THE DAMN MOTHER IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still like the show but eventually everything must come to an end. I think it is better to end it now before it just trails off into something unwatchable. It still has a lot of room to finish strong but it is on the cusp of free falling into crap and I would rather it goes out on top then be remembered as the show that dragged on for too long.

#30 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Okay, we were forced to watch this show as a part of my husband's sociology class last semester (I still have no idea why), but is the whole thing the dad telling the kids about how he met their mother? We only watched the first five episodes, but I know it has been on for several seasons now and that just seems like it would have gotten old a LONG time ago!

#31 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Okay, we were forced to watch this show as a part of my husband's sociology class last semester (I still have no idea why), but is the whole thing the dad telling the kids about how he met their mother? We only watched the first five episodes, but I know it has been on for several seasons now and that just seems like it would have gotten old a LONG time ago!

Well, it is sort of about how Ted meets the kid's mother, but really after the first season that became kind of secondary. I'm excited about tonight's show because it is suppose to show that Robin and Barney did actually marry. It is also suppose to be THE DAY that Ted meets their mother, so hopefully they will give us at least a little hint about who it is.

#32 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well, it is sort of about how Ted meets the kid's mother, but really after the first season that became kind of secondary. I'm excited about tonight's show because it is suppose to show that Robin and Barney did actually marry. It is also suppose to be THE DAY that Ted meets their mother, so hopefully they will give us at least a little hint about who it is.

The funny thing though is that they have kind of met before since he dated her roommate that one season. He sort of saw her as he was leaving the apartment and then they walk past each other a few other times (yellow umbrella) but they never show her...give me a glimpse and let's end this charade!

#33 Collin1000

Collin1000

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

HIMYM is my 2nd favorite show in the history of ever, largely due to (as others pointed out) how much of a copy it is to my #1 favorite show, Friends.

When you really start to think about it - yes, the connections are eeiry. This kinda sums it up: http://www.buzzfeed....met-your-mother

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 workhomeunion

workhomeunion

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

I watched the pilot and a few episodes namely because I had seen 3 of the actors: Alyson Hannigan; Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, MD) and of course Bob Saget (Full House, America's Funniest Home Videos,) even though he's the narrator on the show act in other shows and I wanted to see the chemistry between them. I found it's just okay; I have nothing against the program but for me, it's just not that interesting.

My sentiments exactly. I've tried to watch it, and I've not given up on the show. The actors are top-shelf and a couple of my favorites, it's just not that funny to me. I was and still am a huge fan of "Friends" but to me, HIMYM has nothing on Friends.

I am still trying to see if the show will click because it took me a little time to like "Everybody Loves Raymond" but now, even though it's in syndication, I absolutely love the show, along with "King of Queens," "Yes, Dear," and "My Wife and Kids." Almost daily I'll watch at least one episode of the aforementioned sitcoms.

http://youtu.be/PhquT35KvUc

#35 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm a super fan of this show and I'm glad I've found out this forum to release all my rants. :)) Anyways I'm a total fangirl of the Barnman and Robin tandem. <3 They're just oozing with chemistry and they totally look good together. I'm amazed at how Barney is really good at acting especially since he's gay in real life which makes him more adorable. :"> I don't really have a clue who's the mother but I think it's not Victioria or Robin. I'm excited since it's the last season and I can't wait for the end. :)

#36 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

I don't know that the Robin plotlines are that bad. They have done a lot of character development with her, and the love triangle thing didn't last so long. While there is still a story of her/Ted, they have really progressed it from where it originally started.

I do think its about time they introduced the Mother. 7 Seasons is long enough to stretch that out.

Yeah, really. I'd hate to be his kids sitting there for all of that nonsense.

I've heard it's the last season for HIMYM. It's true that its about time they show who the mother is. Or all the fans will just rage. :))

#37 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I haven't made it to the current season yet, but over the last few weeks, I've been watching it from the first episode. I think I'm up to season 5 or so? Maybe 6. I absolutely love it. It's great to see the characters grow over the years and yet somehow, they're still very much the same. I have no idea who the mother is and I wonder if they're actually going to tell us. I know the show is coming to an end soon, but they could leave it as a cliff hanger still.

#38 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm not really fond of the Barney-Robin storyline. It has always felt very forced, and I really don't feel any chemistry between them.

Well, so far, we've seen where Ted will meet the mother - hopefully we get to finally know who she is in the season finale!

#39 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

How I met your mother is one of my favorite shows on television today. The originality yet unique personalities within the show make for some great entertainment. The show uses many different variations of comedy by being absurd at times with Barney, to being subtle and witty within Marshall's character. I have not been able to catch much of the new season but hope to soon!

#40 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

This is definitely one of my favorite comedies of all time. I'm young (not Julie-Taylor-young but still young) so don't hang me for not watching every single episode of Friends and liking it more.

That doesn't mean I don't have my rants. I'm really sick of the Robin-Ted plot because she and Barney are meant for one another so much more. The show is kind of dragging on (has anyone heard anything final about whether this is the last season or not?) and the only OH DANGIT moments I've seen so far this year are the flash-forwards of the mother in Farhampton and Barney and Robin in The Pre-Nup. In addition, this season isn't as LOL-worthy as the first few, and I agree that Lily and Marshall are pretty much carrying the comedy at this point. However, I've heard that we will see a reprisal of Robin Sparkles soon so I'm stoked for that!