• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Oh we better get to meet the mother before then! They haven't locked in a season 9, so this could be it. I want sometime with the woman we've been waiting to meet for years.

I've never really gotten the Robin/Barney thing, but I'm happy for the fans who ship them. I'd be happier if they'd move it along faster, but what can you do?

I remember reading somewhere that HIMYM would only last until S7 but we're in S8 now and I think that the network would push for a S9. Ah, you make a good point - perhaps if there is indeed a S9, that entire season can be about Ted and the mother's relationship. I've had enough of watching Ted's relationships because we all know that none of those women is the mother!

Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris both seem done, imo. Though I think CBS would definitely want to renew, I'm not sure either of them (esp. Segel) will resign.

#42 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'm not really fond of the Barney-Robin storyline. It has always felt very forced, and I really don't feel any chemistry between them.

Well, so far, we've seen where Ted will meet the mother - hopefully we get to finally know who she is in the season finale!

Oh we better get to meet the mother before then! They haven't locked in a season 9, so this could be it. I want sometime with the woman we've been waiting to meet for years.

I've never really gotten the Robin/Barney thing, but I'm happy for the fans who ship them. I'd be happier if they'd move it along faster, but what can you do?

I remember reading somewhere that HIMYM would only last until S7 but we're in S8 now and I think that the network would push for a S9. Ah, you make a good point - perhaps if there is indeed a S9, that entire season can be about Ted and the mother's relationship. I've had enough of watching Ted's relationships because we all know that none of those women is the mother!

#43 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris both seem done, imo. Though I think CBS would definitely want to renew, I'm not sure either of them (esp. Segel) will resign.

I agree with you there - amongst the 5 principal characters it's definitely NPH and Segel who are looking to leave. The sad thing is if the writers write out Marshall they definitely have to write out Lily as well.

#44 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

I agree with you there - amongst the 5 principal characters it's definitely NPH and Segel who are looking to leave. The sad thing is if the writers write out Marshall they definitely have to write out Lily as well.

Not really. He could go off to work somewhere, die in a accident, abandon the family, get kidnapped. I mean the possibilities are limitless. On the other hand, they did go to the trouble of who would take the baby if something where to happen to them. Maybe there is a reason why they did that. See, endless possibilities.

#45 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not really. He could go off to work somewhere, die in a accident, abandon the family, get kidnapped. I mean the possibilities are limitless. On the other hand, they did go to the trouble of who would take the baby if something where to happen to them. Maybe there is a reason why they did that. See, endless possibilities.

I highly doubt they'll break up the cast before the show's over, especially now that there are only 1-2 seasons left. Jason Segel has a thriving film career in spite of working in TV as well, and NPH could do the same, but I'm guessing he just doesn't want to work that much now that he has a family. Even more unlikely is the idea that they'll kill off Marshall and Lily, when Bob-Saget-Ted always refers to Uncle Marshall and Aunt Lily when speaking to his kids as though they're still alive.

#46 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

I highly doubt they'll break up the cast before the show's over, especially now that there are only 1-2 seasons left. Jason Segel has a thriving film career in spite of working in TV as well, and NPH could do the same, but I'm guessing he just doesn't want to work that much now that he has a family. Even more unlikely is the idea that they'll kill off Marshall and Lily, when Bob-Saget-Ted always refers to Uncle Marshall and Aunt Lily when speaking to his kids as though they're still alive.

Ah good point. I remember this one episode where we were shown Lily and Marshall in their fifties or sixties so I don't think they'll kill them off. Besides, Lily and Marshall are well-loved characters, and killing characters of a comedy show off seems a bit... odd. Hopefully everything that needs to be wrapped up is wrapped up this season while the cast is still intact.

#47 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ah good point. I remember this one episode where we were shown Lily and Marshall in their fifties or sixties so I don't think they'll kill them off. Besides, Lily and Marshall are well-loved characters, and killing characters of a comedy show off seems a bit... odd. Hopefully everything that needs to be wrapped up is wrapped up this season while the cast is still intact.

Very true.

Then again, if you'll remember, Marshall kills off Lily in his fantasies repeatedly. It was in order for him to be able to fantasize about some other women, but the only way he could do it was if Lily had some incurable disease or died of the hiccups and told him to move on. I thought that was pretty funny that she had to die in order for him to dream about someone else, lol.

I highly doubt they'll *actually* kill either of them off, though.

#48 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Very true.

Then again, if you'll remember, Marshall kills off Lily in his fantasies repeatedly. It was in order for him to be able to fantasize about some other women, but the only way he could do it was if Lily had some incurable disease or died of the hiccups and told him to move on. I thought that was pretty funny that she had to die in order for him to dream about someone else, lol.

I highly doubt they'll *actually* kill either of them off, though.

That's just how much Marshall loves Lily! I don't think I'll be able to forgive the writers if they kill off either of them. I agree, they probably won't, but just the thought makes my blood boil! ;)

#49 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well, maybe Marshall leaves and comes back. Its possible. These things happen......

#50 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hmmm, maybe. If I were the writers I'd just finish the series with all regulars intact. IMO How I Met Your Mother is slowly but surely going down the drain anyway - they might as well end the show while they're still at the top.

#51 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

a legen(wait for it)dary show which is on for it's 7th season and is not going down on ratings whatsoever. NPH, Jason, Josh, Alyson and Cobie have been just awesome for each and every episode.

My favourite episodes have been the ones where all of them end up partying (any reason or no reason). McLaren's pub has opened up in our neighbourhood and I am a regular there. Hope to meet a person like NPH some time. LOL :D

I also love HIMYM specially Barney. I think he's the core of the show not Ted. :)) There is an actual McLaren's pub? Where is that? That's just awesome. :)

#52 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

I also love HIMYM specially Barney. I think he's the core of the show not Ted. :)) There is an actual McLaren's pub? Where is that? That's just awesome. :)

Aww don't say that! I like Ted - he ties everything together, and his humor is insane (especially adult Ted). He may not be as entertaining as Barney is but he has his moments!

#53 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Aww don't say that! I like Ted - he ties everything together, and his humor is insane (especially adult Ted). He may not be as entertaining as Barney is but he has his moments!

He has his moments true and he's the one that ties their group together too. I also love Ted but I just think I can't see HIMYM without Barney in it.

#54 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

There is an actual McLaren's pub? Where is that? That's just awesome. :)

Well there isn't an "original" that they base it off. The name actually came from the associate producer of the show and the bar itself is imaged off bars that Bays and Thomas used to drink at:

http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/MacLaren's_Pub

I'm sure that any of them that opened up after the show were doing it in hopes of creating a homey environment like that.

#55 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Semi off topic.

But I'd hate to be the kids having to listen to this insanely long story of "how dad met their mother". I bet at the last episode, they'll show the kids and they'll be like "thank god he's done"

#56 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Semi off topic.

But I'd hate to be the kids having to listen to this insanely long story of "how dad met their mother". I bet at the last episode, they'll show the kids and they'll be like "thank god he's done"

Lol! Amen! I know he loves telling the stories, but those kids always look so bored. They probably get a kick out of some of the stories, but in general, they probably want to just go play video games or hang out with their friends instead.

#57 abmaverick

abmaverick

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Love the show as well, its going to be on the "Legen... dary" sitcoms of all time. I get the feeling that its going to end soon since Ted is getting so close to meeting his wfie.

#58 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Semi off topic.

:LOL. isn't that the truth. Also, if were one of these kids I would also be thinking is he ever actually going to get around to actually meeting our mother already? Seriously, as a viewer I'm like is Ted ever going to meet the woman he eventually married. Its been eight seasons now and still he hasn't met her, and yet he's suppose to be telling his kids a story about how he met her. I guess the story is more about the trials and tribulations he went through in order to meet her, but still most kids would actually want to hear about their parents courtship not the never ending saga of Ted and his friends.

#59 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I guess the story is more about the trials and tribulations he went through in order to meet her, but still most kids would actually want to hear about their parents courtship not the never ending saga of Ted and his friends.

It's because it all ties together. There are so many little things that have been dropped along the way that will all tie together. It goes to show that everything leads to that moment for him and that he had to go through all of the ups and downs in order to find his one true love.

#60 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Who do you guys think Ted's wife is going to be? I didn't dislike her character, but I'm still happy it isn't going to be Victoria.

As for Robin & Barney, I still have a difficult time fully digesting them as a couple. I think knowing how Neil Patrick Harris is in real life might be affecting how I view his character. Nonetheless, the proposal moment was very endearing.