• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

I'm obsessed with this show now. Anyone else watching?

http://www.aetv.com/...-at-first-sight

I believe season one is on Hulu.

This social experiment is what good reality television was meant to be before it went straight trash.

#2 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

I have seen this show , this is not a new concept. Arranged marriage has been around for centuries, the new twist here is that the couples have a chance to end things after few months. I would call this more of a Docu-series than a trashy reality show

#3 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

When I first read to OP I thought, oh not another one of those silly shows about women competing to marry a guy they just met, like the horrible So You Want to Marry a Millionaire crap that Fox Network did years ago, remember that one?  But apparently this is a real show about real people and the concept of arrange marriage.

I once knew someone who in their culture more or less followed arrange marraige as well.  Oh she was given a chance to chose the guy but it was from a group of men that her parents chose first.  I found this kind of unusual but for some cultures this a way of life. I had never actually heard of this show, but apparently its on A&E, it does sound interesting.

Edited by pafjlh, 11 April 2015 - 10:04 AM.