63 replies to this topic

#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

There was no point in it after they escaped from the prison

And finding out Wentworth plays for the other team cut like a bitch. It hurts me to this day

#2 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Anyone misses Prison Break. The story of a brother breaking out his elder brother (who is on death row) from a maximum security prison and the run chase.

The final episode was so emotional it brought tears to my eyes.

Main characters :

Michael Scofield - Wentworth Miller
Lincoln Burrows - Dominic Purcell
Sara Tancredi - Sarah Wayne Callies
Alex Mahone - William Fichtner
Fernando Sucre - Amaury Nolasco

#3 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

I would say the series was inspired by Shawshank Redemption as the prison setting looks similar :)

But the show was just too good to be ignored and Miller's eyes and charm just did not let me shake it off. I too did shed a tear in the final episode when Linc and Sarah watches the video that Michael sent through Mahone. It was too emotional.

Mahone is one of the best agents on crack that you can find anywhere in the world.

Angel - How in the world did you miss T-Bag?? Robert Knepper has jump-started his career with this character and played it utmost gruesome way possible. Survived everything that anyone could throw at him. He is a complete survivor.

Sucre is the best cell mate and friend one can ever ask for (I guess). Always went out of the way to help Michael whether he asked for it or not.

The most weird part was the severed head of Sarah in the box. I thought she died only to find out that she escaped and was alive.

#4 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

YES I am. I loved this series. It was intelligent and street smart. the characters were amazing.. my fave being T-Bag and ofcourse Scofield.. man I loved them both. How the break, get back into prison, break again.. it was amazing. I wish we could have it back.. but then, with Scofield dead.. the serial dies too.

#5 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

YES I am. I loved this series. It was intelligent and street smart. the characters were amazing.. my fave being T-Bag and ofcourse Scofield.. man I loved them both. How the break, get back into prison, break again.. it was amazing. I wish we could have it back.. but then, with Scofield dead.. the serial dies too.

I agree that Scofield is dead but if the producers are smart enough they can bring the show back with Scofield's son (though they will have to make quite a long jump) and Linc's son (LJ) etc etc.

But even then T-Bag should be there as an oldie as he just cannot be killed :)

#6 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

I don't understand how this show can have more than one season. I mean, it's called 'Prison Break'!! Once they break out of the prison, what else is there. And it irritated me how ever week, there was a new person who apparently had to be added to the list of people 'breaking out'. How can you break half of the prison out without anyone noticing? The best features of that show, for me, was Scofield and Dominic Purcell. Dominic Purcell is just....yummy.

#7 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

I don't understand how this show can have more than one season. I mean, it's called 'Prison Break'!! Once they break out of the prison, what else is there. And it irritated me how ever week, there was a new person who apparently had to be added to the list of people 'breaking out'. How can you break half of the prison out without anyone noticing? The best features of that show, for me, was Scofield and Dominic Purcell. Dominic Purcell is just....yummy.

I agree with you about only having one season and about Purcell. The extra seasons just got ridiculous but oh, Purcell made them worth it! :D T-Bag was an awesome character too, although now I can never see Robert Knepper as anyone else.

#8 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I loved, loved, loved the first season, but got pretty bored with it and stopped watching during the second. They can't really drag out breaking out of prison into multiple seasons, in my opinion. When Michael went from one jail to another, that was lame.

#9 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

T-bag was awful! He really freaked me out, but played a great part. I bated that Michael died in the end! It made me cry too. I miss it, I loved it. The storyline about their mom was great too. It was one show I watched faithfully.

#10 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

I miss this show a lot. I wish producers will make more shows like this. Maybe they could continue the story with the son of Michael as the main character but the title could be different.

#11 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

I don't know that they could continue it with Michael's son. What are the chances that his son has to break out of multiple prisons as well? I think that the storyline is beyond played out.

#12 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

You have a point about being in jail. I was thinking of another storyline anyway, something like Michael has an unfinished business that Michael's son will try to do. It might not be inside the prison cell but they could create an action pack TV show out of it.

#13 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

I caught a couple of episodes of the first season, and I did like it. I think that Wentworth Miller was an excellent choice for the role of Michael. He radiated the depth and the gravity that was required by the character. For certain reasons though, I wasn't able to follow the series until its end. Reading the other posts makes me want to grab DVD copies of the series and see what I had missed.

#14 Kementarri

Kementarri

Cordial

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

I miss this show so much! The actors were absolutely amazing in it and it made the show so worth while to watch. Although I must admit that after the first season, the series got boring. It was ridiculous to watch Michael go from one jail to another, as it felt like we were just back to square one again. The entire premise and how the first season was executed was amazing however, and the detail that went into the planning was phenomenal. 

If they were to make another season using the son's as the links, I think I would probably check it out... but I am not sure what they would really do. After all it is called "Prison Break" and if there is no prison to break out of then what is the point of the show? They would probably have to make the show have an entire new premise and then I don't think it would really live up to what season one was. 

However, the show, being amazing as it was, might just have the pull to bring back an audience. I kind of wish now that the first season was extended longer than what it was. The thrill of the actual break out was what made it so good. I must agree though, having people added on and on to the break out list was a little excruciating .. I mean how many people can you get out without being noticed? It seemed slightly unrealistic, but nevertheless still well done. 

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

I never liked this show. First off the supporting cast was somewhat weak, and around the final season the storylines just seemed like the writers weren't even trying anymore.

#16 Peter7

Peter7

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

I loved, loved, loved the first season, but got pretty bored with it and stopped watching during the second. They can't really drag out breaking out of prison into multiple seasons, in my opinion. When Michael went from one jail to another, that was lame.

Agreed 100%. The first season had me on my toes and I was always waiting for that new episode to come out. I did watch most of season 2 but it was, for a lack of a better word, stupid so I gave up. The idea was great but they really did screw up badly at some point.

#17 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

I definitely miss Prison Break. I loved the first and second seasons but found the ones after that quite boring and ridiculous. I'm also avoiding the last ever episode because I know what happens.

#18 misty1987

misty1987

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

I loved ALL of prison break, all 4 seasons and the movie. Yes your right, after the first season, things did seem to drag in places. But in my opinion it picks back up again once Michael is in the Panama prison. The plot twists and turns constantly and I loved that it kept me guessing what was going to happen next. The show had fantastic character development with T-bag aand Mahone being my favourite. I found the ending to be sooo sad, predictable, but it still pulled at my heart strings. I was gutted to see this show end, it was definitely one that I enjoyed watching.

#19 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Prison Break is one of those shows that everybody is always telling me to watch. Haven't actually gotten around to it yet, because getting into new shows takes a lot of energy. You have to get to know the characters and get a feel for the show, But I am definitely going to watch it at some point.

#20 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Prison Break is one of those shows that everybody is always telling me to watch. Haven't actually gotten around to it yet, because getting into new shows takes a lot of energy. You have to get to know the characters and get a feel for the show, But I am definitely going to watch it at some point.

That's exactly the reason I'm always reluctant to start watching new shows. Prison Break is amazing though so definitely try and give it go!