• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

Prison Break is one of those shows that everybody is always telling me to watch. Haven't actually gotten around to it yet, because getting into new shows takes a lot of energy. You have to get to know the characters and get a feel for the show, But I am definitely going to watch it at some point.

That's exactly the reason I'm always reluctant to start watching new shows. Prison Break is amazing though so definitely try and give it go!

Lol! You know you're in trouble when you start to procrastinate with watching TV shows lol What is the basic premise of the show?

#22 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Prison Break is one of those shows that everybody is always telling me to watch. Haven't actually gotten around to it yet, because getting into new shows takes a lot of energy. You have to get to know the characters and get a feel for the show, But I am definitely going to watch it at some point.

That's exactly the reason I'm always reluctant to start watching new shows. Prison Break is amazing though so definitely try and give it go!

Lol! You know you're in trouble when you start to procrastinate with watching TV shows lol What is the basic premise of the show?

I know right? There's no excuse really!

The basic plot is that Michael Scofield's brother Lincoln is on death row for a crime he insists he didn't commit. Michael then makes it his personal mission to break Lincoln out of prison as the justice system has let him down and there appears to be no other option. As you can imagine, things don't always go to plan.

#23 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

There really is no excuse. The rest of your life is suffering if you are procrastinating with watching TV shows. The important things aren't going to get a look in at all lmao!!

Thank you for the show description ;) It sounds ok to me. That coupled with the word of mouth reviews that I have gotten that pertains to this show, lets me know that I definitely have to watch it!! How many seasons are there?

#24 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

There really is no excuse. The rest of your life is suffering if you are procrastinating with watching TV shows. The important things aren't going to get a look in at all lmao!!

Thank you for the show description ;) It sounds ok to me. That coupled with the word of mouth reviews that I have gotten that pertains to this show, lets me know that I definitely have to watch it!! How many seasons are there?

It ran for four seasons though I'll admit, I've only watched two of them. I already know the ending of season four so I sort of refuses to watch any more to spare myself the heartache!

#25 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

It ran for four seasons though I'll admit, I've only watched two of them. I already know the ending of season four so I sort of refuses to watch any more to spare myself the heartache!

Nooo. So it ends badly? I don't want to know that, because I already suffered enough heartache when they ended Dexter and also because of HOW they ended Dexter. *Sighs* I don't want to watch anything that is going to make me bawl like I did when I watched the last ever episode of Dexter.

#26 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Nooo. So it ends badly? I don't want to know that, because I already suffered enough heartache when they ended Dexter and also because of HOW they ended Dexter. *Sighs* I don't want to watch anything that is going to make me bawl like I did when I watched the last ever episode of Dexter.

Damn, have I spoiled it for you now? Most shows I watch are heartbreaking so I'm kind of used to it now!

#27 Charli1908

Charli1908

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Prison Break is one of my favorite drama/criminal TV series. I've watched it all the way through twice. The writers were outstanding in telling this series/story. I just wish it would have at least gone to 6 seasons. It had potential! And I really hate that Michael Scofield had to die in the end. It was all because of him that they were freed in the first place!  :(

#28 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Prison Break is one of my favorite drama/criminal TV series. I've watched it all the way through twice. The writers were outstanding in telling this series/story. I just wish it would have at least gone to 6 seasons. It had potential! And I really hate that Michael Scofield had to die in the end. It was all because of him that they were freed in the first place!  :(

Same here, I've re-watched it so many times now I could probably speak along to it word for word! I refuse to acknowledge the ending. If I don't watch it didn't happen, okay!

#29 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

You guys are saying that the writing was outstanding. have either of you seen Dexter or Breaking Bad? If so, which would you rate over the other? Prison Break over Dexter in terms of writing??

#30 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

I've only seen one episode of Breaking Bad and I haven't seen any of Dexter so I really couldn't say. I think it's up there in terms of quality though.

#31 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

I've only seen one episode of Breaking Bad and I haven't seen any of Dexter so I really couldn't say. I think it's up there in terms of quality though.

I found Breaking Bad kind of boring during the first season, and for a lot of season 2. But I did enjoy it in the end. I really enjoyed the progression once over the boring stuff. I think that they could have made the first season a little more interesting, and especially for the first season. Didn't matter in the end though.

#32 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

I found Breaking Bad kind of boring during the first season, and for a lot of season 2. But I did enjoy it in the end. I really enjoyed the progression once over the boring stuff. I think that they could have made the first season a little more interesting, and especially for the first season. Didn't matter in the end though.

I have a friend who LOVES Breaking Bad and even she said the first season is boring and takes a while to get into.

#33 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

I have a friend who LOVES Breaking Bad and even she said the first season is boring and takes a while to get into.

I thought that I knew my older sister. She is usually into shows that have some bitch drama in it. But Breaking Bad is very Maculine. I told her to give it a try anyway, and she loved it - even from season one, which I was shocked about. Even I found season one tiresome. If not for the amazing reviews that the show had gotten, I wouldn't have continued to watch it.

#34 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, it's the good reviews it's gotten that makes me want to preserve and keep watching it. I'm far too lazy to start it properly at the moment, though!

#35 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Yeah, it's the good reviews it's gotten that makes me want to preserve and keep watching it. I'm far too lazy to start it properly at the moment, though!

I'll do you a deal; if you start to watch Breaking Bad, I will start to watch Prison Break! Lmao!!

#36 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'll do you a deal; if you start to watch Breaking Bad, I will start to watch Prison Break! Lmao!!

Haha, damn, we both might be waiting a long time then!

#37 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

Hahahahaha! OK then. I have lots of other shows to watch anyway, so nuuuh lmao!!! ;)

#38 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

I do too, that's the problem lmao! I find it hard to get into new shows when I have so many others on the go. One day, though!

#39 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

I do too, that's the problem lmao! I find it hard to get into new shows when I have so many others on the go. One day, though!

I also write and post the chapters online, and I am addicted to reviews at this point so I always want to get the next chapter out as soon as possible, leaving little time for other things, like watching TV shows.

#40 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

I watch a lot of TV shows, I'm just reluctant to start new ones when I'm already so invested in a bunch of others, you know? Saying that, I've re-watched Prison Break like a million times now. I can't help it though. It's just so good!

Edited by frightmare, 01 May 2014 - 06:53 AM.