• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

I watch a lot of TV shows, I'm just reluctant to start new ones when I'm already so invested in a bunch of others, you know? Saying that, I've re-watched Prison Break like a million times now. I can't help it though. It's just so good!

Ok. For me it is different. It isn't so much that I am invested in other TV shows. It is just that I am lazy when it comes to learning new characters and stories. I find the feeling out process a little bit boring, because there us no history with the characters yet. I don't know them or their motives in life. But once learning all of that information, I am sucked in.

#42 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, that plays a part in starting new shows for me too. I find it frustrating not knowing everything about the characters and the plot straight away. I soon get into it though!

#43 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, that plays a part in starting new shows for me too. I find it frustrating not knowing everything about the characters and the plot straight away. I soon get into it though!

Me too, but that is a little lazy/impatient. I don't know why. When I was younger I used to love to discover and explore a new world - as well as its characters. Must be the fast world that we are currently living in. I want everything fast, including the back story in new TV shows.

#44 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

I agree with you there, the older I get the more impatient I am about things including TV shows. Most of the time I end up finding almost everything out about a show either though Wikipedia or Tumblr. Mostly Tumblr, to be honest. I swear I've seen whole shows just through people's gifs!

#45 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Have you ever read the book The Celestine Prophecy? It describes one of the things that will sweep over humanity as: restlessness, which could not be more true at this period of time. Everybody that I speak too...

The same thing is trickling down into my capacity to get into shows. That restlessness is unbearable at times.

#46 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

I haven't, no. I agree though, I also get restless when starting new shows. The stupid thing is once I get into a new show I always think to myself "Why didn't I start this sooner?!"

#47 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

I haven't, no. I agree though, I also get restless when starting new shows. The stupid thing is once I get into a new show I always think to myself "Why didn't I start this sooner?!"

I definitely hear you on that one. I almost always know within the first or second episode whether or not I am in for a new show. And when I really start to get into it, I am ALWAYS like WHY didn't I watch this sooner? It is SO gooood!! Lol.

#48 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

It's always disappointing when you start watching a show you've been meaning to watch for a while and find that it's not as good as you hoped. I usually try to watch a few episodes before I judge it but sometimes they end up being so dull, you know?

#49 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

It's always disappointing when you start watching a show you've been meaning to watch for a while and find that it's not as good as you hoped. I usually try to watch a few episodes before I judge it but sometimes they end up being so dull, you know?

Well I was bored with Breaking Bad, but something kept me watching, and in season 3 I was really really loving it. I hate having my time wasted, which is sometimes why I am so reluctant to start new shows? I like to smoke and watch too, so I will have a smoke before I watch stuff, and if what I am watching sucks I feel like I have wasted the smoke lol.

#50 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

I'm the same, I hate wasting time even though it appears to be my only skill lmao! I don't smoke though so I can't relate to that part.

#51 danoconnor7

danoconnor7

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

I don't mind at all that at first it was a bit of a slow burn. If anything, I preferred it to the frantic, muddled pace of the later seasons.

Despite this, I loved watching almost every minute of it and that includes the later seasons. Like everyone commonly says when discussing the show, it took a major dip in quality once they escape from prison but the show made you invest so much in the characters and their premise that you couldn't stop watching. Even if it was downright ludicrous at times, I was still watching 4 episodes a night during season 4 when I was making my way through this on Netflix.

#52 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

I don't mind at all that at first it was a bit of a slow burn. If anything, I preferred it to the frantic, muddled pace of the later seasons.

Despite this, I loved watching almost every minute of it and that includes the later seasons. Like everyone commonly says when discussing the show, it took a major dip in quality once they escape from prison but the show made you invest so much in the characters and their premise that you couldn't stop watching. Even if it was downright ludicrous at times, I was still watching 4 episodes a night during season 4 when I was making my way through this on Netflix.

I agree completely. It did lose it's magic a little after they managed to break out but something about the characters just keeps you coming back.

#53 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

I don't know. I prefer TV shows that have a feminine element, over a predominantly masculine element. So I am not sure if I would keep coming back for a cast that is all male mostly. I would be bored out of my skull lol.

#54 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I don't know. I prefer TV shows that have a feminine element, over a predominantly masculine element. So I am not sure if I would keep coming back for a cast that is all male mostly. I would be bored out of my skull lol.

I agree, it is a little disappointing that the Prison Break cast is mostly male. There are a few stand out female characters though, such as Sara Tancredi. I absolutely ADORE her. More shows need female characters, in my opinion.

#55 sammed92

sammed92

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

This series will always be my top 5 series I have ever watched. It's just that good! Especially the first season. It was the best. Very well written, executed and brilliantly acted. There wasn't a moment without awe. In my opinion though, the last season carried away from the 'feel' of the Prison break. Anyways, It was awesome.

Prison Break is one of those shows that everybody is always telling me to watch. Haven't actually gotten around to it yet, because getting into new shows takes a lot of energy. You have to get to know the characters and get a feel for the show, But I am definitely going to watch it at some point.

I suffer the same problem. I think the reason behind it is just our haste. We are too eager to know and the series runs at its own pace. But believe me, spend that time on this series. It's worth it. In the first season, all the main characters are introduced and it is the best season in my opinion.  GO WATCH IT NOW!!

#56 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

I am not sure who Sara Tancredi is. Let me Google her, and I hope that she is hot lol. If more shows are going to have more female characters, then those characters need to be unique and forward-thinking.

Sammed92, that is the worst part - that when I DO watch some of these shows, they are actually really good lol. It is just getting myself to that point that is the issue.

#57 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Haha, well I think Sara Tancredi is hot. She's a great character overall because she's very involved in the plot, and the prison break itself, so it never feels like she's just there to be the token female character as it were. 

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

Haha, well I think Sara Tancredi is hot. She's a great character overall because she's very involved in the plot, and the prison break itself, so it never feels like she's just there to be the token female character as it were. 

Doesn't it? Well this must be one of the only TV series that takes the time to not have th token female character lol.

#59 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Doesn't it? Well this must be one of the only TV series that takes the time to not have th token female character lol.

Lmao I agree, most shows are guilty of doing so but I don't know, I've just never felt that way about Prison Break. I guess you'll have to see for yourself!

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Lmao I agree, most shows are guilty of doing so but I don't know, I've just never felt that way about Prison Break. I guess you'll have to see for yourself!

For me it is not really TV shows that are the worst culprit. It is movies for me mostly. Especially male oriented movies. Action films will do this, and it sucks and it is boring and it is grossly overdone in my opinion.