• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

I agree, movies are the worst when it comes to female characters sometimes. Well, I say sometimes when actual fact it's most of the time. It's rare for movies to pass the Bechdel Test these days it seems.

#62 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

I did not expect to like this show. I could not be bothered to watch it even once when it was current. It just didn't sound good to me. I kept wondering how they'd drag a prison break out for an entire season. I later watched it on Netflix, and I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this show. The first season was fantastic. I didn't think I'd like further seasons, again thinking, where can they really go with this? I loved the characters, so I kept watching, and I still enjoyed it (maybe not as much as the first season). I have to credit where credit is due. This one blew me away.

#63 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Zyni, I am all over the place trying to find a show that I am not four seasons behind. My son is at the controls with Sons of Anarchy and it's not looking like I will catch up before the end.. Thought I would have caught up by now.

So you watched Prison Break?. I can never keep up with the guys. My husband was into that and I got lost because he was going at it EVERY night. I don't like how he told me it ended for Miller with the medical issues he inherited from his mom. I am very emotional. I did not get full details and I like it that way. Leaves room for me to get back to it.

All in all I thought it was a good picture "the lot" I saw. An earlier post said another season with Purcell's son being the star would be good. I am still undecided on whether to revisit it to take in what I missed.

To make meaningful contributions here I had better get up to date on some of the most recent shows. :)  Can't find "How to get away with Murder" anywhere on my satellite.

Edited by Silverfox, 07 November 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#64 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yes, Silver, I watched all of it.  :)  I am up late a lot, and so I watch shows.

Prison Break was far better than I expected it to be. It was one that I wanted to just keep watching to the end. I would have hated waiting a week for each next episode to find out what happened, so I'm glad I ended up watching it later on Netflix. That way I can watch as much or as little as I like (or have time for). Can't beat the price either.

How to get away with Murder is getting good now. You should be able to watch it right on the ABC website. Here ya go:  http://abc.go.com/sh...way-with-murder