• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

While I waited for Revenge to start, I decided to check it out for Kiernan Shipka's guest appearance. What a nightmare

This is the first and last time I'll subject myself to this headache inducing show. All the character is horrible, even June who I think I am supposed to like, because no way in hell is Chloe meant to be the likable one. I didn't like nor dislike James but he seemed like he could wear thin real quick.

This is a slapstick comedy at its worse

I got last week's episode on iTunes for free and it was...really hard to watch. I really enjoyed James when he did the hospital show Mercy, but playing a caricature of himself is just odd. Like you said, it's not like I hate it, but I do think it'll be old fast.

I can't imagine this gets a season 2.

#2 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

https://encrypted-tb...NsKORrVZUviv96e https://encrypted-tb...cmE0DIVmWYKcHxw

Anyone watch?

I liked it enough to keep watching. How long they can keep up the JVB & Dawson Creek jokes before it gets stale?

#3 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

It's no Happy Endings but it far exceeded my expectation. It'll pair well with HE in the fall - if either one them is renewed

The flannel shirts joke was funny but yeah, they shouldn't use Dawson Creek jokes too much. It'll be lost of non DC watchers and get old fast

June and Chloe will be my new IT girls, I can feel it

#4 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

It is fun to watch Van Der Beek is having fun. He is loving this role. BTY he's aged quite well

Dawson was insufferable but the Beek is the most enjoyable part of DTTBIA23 - so far

#5 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I am undecided about "Don't Trust the B* in Apt 23." I hated the first 10 minutes, was okay with the next 10 minutes, and actually liked the last 10 minutes. I was okay with the Dawson Creek jokes, but I agree that they will probably get old if they use them too much. I think I will give another episode another try and see how it goes.

#6 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I guess I will never understand why references in the form of jokes and name drops are done in programs. The way I see it, the only benefit (if you can call it that) is if the reference or joke involves a show that is active you might get a few curious viewers and maybe that's the point. If the show is dead then a few here and there, then no more.

#7 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I guess I will never understand why references in the form of jokes and name drops are done in programs. The way I see it, the only benefit (if you can call it that) is if the reference or joke involves a show that is active you might get a few curious viewers and maybe that's the point. If the show is dead then a few here and there, then no more.

Another way to look at it is, it is the writers' way of acknowledging the fanbase of the show they make references to. They hope some Dawson Creek faithfuls will check out DTTBIA-23 and what better way to do so than "wink" at them by making jokes at Dawson's expense

#8 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I don't think this show is as funny as the previews made it out to be. As a former Dawson's Creek fan, it really won me over with the James Van Der Beek cracks, though! I'll keep watching a few more episodes to see if it has any staying power.

#9 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

I don't think this show is as funny as the previews made it out to be. As a former Dawson's Creek fan, it really won me over with the James Van Der Beek cracks, though! I'll keep watching a few more episodes to see if it has any staying power.

I am thrilled that James Van Der Beek is getting such positive feedback for this show. Dawson Creek fans weren't as kind nor impressed but I've always loved him.

I always fall on the side of the losers when it comes to the characters/couples I pull for, Dawson/Joey, Kate/Sawyer, Serena vs Blair, Elena vs Salvator brothers and so on. My side looses in every single case

#10 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

I really like the girls' decor. It is modern but warn and inviting like a home should feel like

Professor Beek in spectacles is hot but I'm already tired of the Dawson Creek jokes. I don't want it to become his thing

#11 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Professor Beek in spectacles is hot but I'm already tired of the Dawson Creek jokes. I don't want it to become his thing

Too late, he plays himself. They almost can't help the references

How old is the actress plying June? She looks and sound like a teenager. Which makes her hookup with Chloe's father downright creepy

#12 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I just started watching this show AFTER reading this thread right here. I am always on the lookout for new , fun, comedy sitcoms and this one takes the cake. I love the character of Chloe played wonderfully by Krysten Ritter. I mean you cant really tell about the show after 1st ep but I do love it and it looks like this one has good potential.

#13 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

I don't like either girl. Chloe is borderline cartoonish and June, well I agree with Bittersweet, she sounds like a teenager

So far James is the only character I like

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

While I waited for Revenge to start, I decided to check it out for Kiernan Shipka's guest appearance. What a nightmare

This is the first and last time I'll subject myself to this headache inducing show. All the character is horrible, even June who I think I am supposed to like, because no way in hell is Chloe meant to be the likable one. I didn't like nor dislike James but he seemed like he could wear thin real quick.

This is a slapstick comedy at its worse

#15 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

I got last week's episode on iTunes for free and it was...really hard to watch. I really enjoyed James when he did the hospital show Mercy, but playing a caricature of himself is just odd. Like you said, it's not like I hate it, but I do think it'll be old fast.

I can't imagine this gets a season 2.

Watch them renew this show and cancel our Happy Ending :/

What is wrong with Chloe? She doesn't have one shred of humanity. I don't know why June is staying with her, doesn't she have any other choice?

I forgot to mention that Sally(Mad Men) was so Betty like ... it was freaky!

#16 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Did we know the producer is from American Dad?

Last night, first time I liked June. I don't undertand why she stays with Chloe either but she has to for the show to work lol

The adoption storyline was so bad, I'm not going even touch on it

#17 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Well, I'm a little torn now. I guess I'm going to have to give this show a chance since I absolutely loved Dawson's Creek. I'm not a huge comedy fan, though. I'm fairly picky and I prefer intelligent comedy over slapstick. We shall see.

And I always pull for the losers, too. I really wanted Joey to pick Dawson!

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Well, I'm a little torn now. I guess I'm going to have to give this show a chance since I absolutely loved Dawson's Creek. I'm not a huge comedy fan, though. I'm fairly picky and I prefer intelligent comedy over slapstick. We shall see.

Don't watch it. It was horrible. Yes, it needs repeating lol

I loved Dawson, I thought Pacey was a chubby boywhore. Forgive me, I was really really young

#19 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Don't watch it. It was horrible. Yes, it needs repeating lol

I loved Dawson, I thought Pacey was a chubby boywhore. Forgive me, I was really really young

Ahh, well, I'll never know until I try it! Especially since the opinions on here are so varied. You're right, I'll probably think that it's horrible but then there's that small chance that I won't. Anyway, I don't have anything to do in my spare time these days :lol

#20 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

That is true. You may think us all silly when you watch and love it.