• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I enjoyed it. My favorite was GiGi, mainly because I love her clothes. She's a super brat though. I also find her back story odd because if she's this little princess, WTH did she grow up getting into physical altercations with people? MJ and Reeze both make me laugh. I feel badly for both of them w/ their parental situations. Mike is way too full of himself. Asa seems nice but doesn't interest me. It's definitely more of a marathon show for me though than a one show watch.

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yup -- it's like the housewives. I feel badly watching a Seacrest production (he gave us the Kardashians after all...how do you forgive that? It's as bad as passing an STD), but it's a good guilty pleasure show.

#3 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yup -- it's like the housewives. I feel badly watching a Seacrest production (he gave us the Kardashians after all...how do you forgive that? It's as bad as passing an STD), but it's a good guilty pleasure show.

You DO NOT watch those shows! I don't believe you

And yeah, they are like STDs, the whole lot of them.

I don't watch the Kardashian stuff -- haven't in years. But I did watch the first and possibly second season. I'm part of the reason they exist. It mortifies me too. But I've stopped. I don't even click on links w/ their name now. I'm trying to kill them w/ disinterest (I'm doing the same for LiLo).

#4 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

I've saved all the episodes on my DVR, doing a marathon this weekend. Anyone watching?

MJ seems like a real piece of work. They all look it but are they really Persians or just calling themselves that.

#5 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I just started watching last weekend when Bravo did a mini-marathon and I liked it even though I could not relate to one character. It's a nice change from the HW shows, so I hope it's renewed for S2 which I expect will be a total train wreck.

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Renewed for a second season.

Not that there was much doubt that the Ryan Seacrest-produced show would return. Though it drew some criticism for its portrayal of Iranian Americans, the show debuted to 1.1 million viewers, besting Bravo veteran "Bethenny Ever After." And its finale, which aired Sunday, was the highest-rated episode of the season with more than 1.5 million viewers (a million of which were in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo).

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

I didn't know Seacrest was the producer. The ratings is impressive for a cable show, I wonder how it compares to the Housewives

I still haven't had the time to watch but I have time

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Okay, I trust you two's judgement so I am definitely going to watch it.

Jenners is this the show you you told me on twitter to watch a while ago?

#9 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

You DO NOT watch those shows! I don't believe you

And yeah, they are like STDs, the whole lot of them.

#10 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Is anyone watching the new season?

#11 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Is anyone watching the new season?

I try to but the size of noses is not captivating subject matter lol

#12 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I saw this show when it first aired and my initial thought was "What the frack???" It was crazy and pointless and I can't see why the participants would even want to be on a reality show. Are there really that many people in the world who are dying to be on TV so much that they would showcase themselves in this way?

#13 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I saw this show when it first aired and my initial thought was "What the frack???" It was crazy and pointless and I can't see why the participants would even want to be on a reality show. Are there really that many people in the world who are dying to be on TV so much that they would showcase themselves in this way?

Have you ever seen the likes of Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil?

Those shows showed a long time ago, that there are people who will sell their left nuts for their 15 minutes of fame

#14 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Have you ever seen the likes of Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil?

Those shows showed a long time ago, that there are people who will sell their left nuts for their 15 minutes of fame

Doctor Phil has nothing on Jerry Springer. Jerry Springer was an episode of Jerry Springer before there ever was a Jerry Springer show. That stuff isn't even cheap entertainment. It's just fodder for those looking for an opportunity to waste some brain cells.

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have never seen this reality show but it obviously seems to be popular because what reality tv isn't these days? I think if they did a reality show on the secret life of people who collect bottle caps, it'd probably be a hit.

#16 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I am most definitely watching the new season of Shah's of Sunset! Watched the first and second season and I loved it, but I hope Gigi gets a handle on her anger issues. I know they can push her buttons at time, but when she gets really mad they all black ball her. I would hate to see her leave the show, because she plays a pivotal part in the show. My favorite person would have to be Reza! He is such the character and he really know how to get you going.

#17 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

I think they're all really good looking. I find Asa amusing because she has a quirky personality and wants to be a "pop priestess" and wears really interesting clothes.

I like Reza and his moustache and his brightly colored suits. Gigi is a fiery little drama queen that makes the show interesting. I think MJ desperately wants to be liked and wants attention. She seems insecure. This show is a guilty pleasure. It's the junk food of TV.

#18 GrodnersPet

GrodnersPet

Friendly

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Can never get over MJ dating Jax from Pump Rules.

He is the definition of a man whore. He's coped to having STDs on TV. MJ is one desperate chick to touch that.

#19 sat413

sat413

Friendly

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

I don't think it is MJ and Jax. If I remember correctly it's GG that has been linked to Jax and that was awhile ago. I mean it's all gossip but I read an article that said this was just something Bravo started and enouraged to improve ratings. Regardless I agree with you, I don't know what anyone could see in him.

#20 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Can never get over MJ dating Jax from Pump Rules.

He is the definition of a man whore. He's coped to having STDs on TV. MJ is one desperate chick to touch that.

He's not even that cute. I saw a photo of him at some red carpet event and he had dirty scuffy shoes on with an expensive suit and way too much greasy hair product.

There's something very fake and cheap about him.