• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Does anyone else find Wendy Williams rather annoying? Her show is on every day at 10 am and I quickly switch it to something else because I don't like her.

#2 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Does anyone else find Wendy Williams rather annoying? Her show is on every day at 10 am and I quickly switch it to something else because I don't like her.

YES! -She is a disgrace to African American women

I believe the rumors that she is a man pretending to be a man

May this thread fade into oblivion :lol

#3 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thought I was stereotyping when I first watched the show and felt really guilty about it. I would like to think I am an open minded person that has zero racist qualities but after watching several of her episodes I found those too much for me to continue viewing. Lucky for me, I have several great shows in which to fill that time slot.

#4 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I'm African American and I despise Wendy Williams. She's rash, has an annoying voice, a trap tv show, and I'm almost certain I've seen man parts when she sits on that couch with her enormous, mannish legs all cocked open, like she's airing out her nether regions. I can't believe she still has a show.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm African American and I despise Wendy Williams. She's rash, has an annoying voice, a trap tv show, and I'm almost certain I've seen man parts when she sits on that couch with her enormous, mannish legs all cocked open, like she's airing out her nether regions. I can't believe she still has a show.

Everything you said.

I having the same first name as her. It is bad enough that we are both AA women, must we share the same name too? Ugh!

#6 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

The first time I saw Wendy Williams I thought she was a transvestite. I didn't find her humor funny, so I turned the channel every time her show came on. I have seen her in bits and pieces over the last few months, and have to admit she has grown on me. I still don't like her brand of humor, but she is more attractive than I thought at first. I also no longer think of her as a man in woman's clothing.

#7 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ha ha! I like Wendy Williams and although I have her show on DVR I found her radio show that used to be on more appealing than watching her on television.

#8 janky

janky

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I dont really like Wendy Williams but I do find her entertaining. She has a lot of c and d list entertainers that never get interviewed so I appreciate her show for uncovering the people who dont get a lot of television time. I loved one of the interviews that she did with Michael ealy.

#9 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

YES! -She is a disgrace to African American women

I believe the rumors that she is a man pretending to be a man

May this thread fade into oblivion :lol

I found this very amusing. I have often wondered if she was really a man dressed as a women. I wouldn't be surprised if TMZ breaks that story one of these days soon. How you doin' ....didn't she steal that from Joey on friends?

#10 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Ha ha! I liked Wendy better on radio.
Farrah, I 've seen Wendy live and it's true, she does look like a drag queen. I hate to be cruel, but it's the honest truth.

#11 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm not a fan of hers either. But when I saw her show back when it was a limited talk show series, I KNEW she was going to be given a normal, full time show. It was something about both the timing and her personality.

#12 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm not a fan of hers either. But when I saw her show back when it was a limited talk show series, I KNEW she was going to be given a normal, full time show. It was something about both the timing and her personality.

I thought just the opposite when I heard she was getting a show. I figured " everyone's getting a talk show now" and it's played out, but obviously I was wrong. Regardless of whether we like her or not, I'll give the woman her props, she's been in the biz for years so I guess that must have earned her some respect...well that and enough ratings to stay relevant...for now. Timing and who you know in the industry is crucial...more so than actual talent.

#13 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I thought just the opposite when I heard she was getting a show. I figured " everyone's getting a talk show now" and it's played out, but obviously I was wrong. Regardless of whether we like her or not, I'll give the woman her props, she's been in the biz for years so I guess that must have earned her some respect...well that and enough ratings to stay relevant...for now. Timing and who you know in the industry is crucial...more so than actual talent.

It's probably easier to have a talk show now than it once was. Think about it, Oprah is gone. Donahue has been gone for years as has Sally Jessie Raphael. And Ricki Lake is a shadow of her former self. The is now replaced by a wannabe called "the chew" All these things factor into a generally weak talk show scene.

Which could explain why Wendy has one.

#14 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

I don't like her show. It's just gossip. She as a person on the inside and outside is unattractive. I remember Wendy rubbing many music stars the wrong way on her ascendency to where she is today. Many people in the music industry wanted a piece of her...literally for her rumors, bs, and lies. I think because she was a woman, that's what saved her from someone taking a legit shot at her. Especially on the east coast, where folks are not as apt to hold back confronting someone physically for dragging their name through the mud or revealing embarrassing secrets about them on the air. So I don't watch her show. It's not a very interesting program anyways. Just gossip.

#15 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm glad you brought this up because I have to agree. I recently saw her show in a holding area at a clinic after a procedure, I had to ask to have the channel changed. She was annoying me too much, and it had only been about ten minutes. I guess I'm just not into the type of talk show that she does, which is more or less tabloid type TV. Needless to say I don't watch Jerry Springer or Maury for pretty much the same reason.

#16 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm glad you brought this up because I have to agree. I recently saw her show in a holding area at a clinic after a procedure, I had to ask to have the channel changed. She was annoying me too much, and it had only been about ten minutes. I guess I'm just not into the type of talk show that she does, which is more or less tabloid type TV. Needless to say I don't watch Jerry Springer or Maury for pretty much the same reason.

Not sure if you listen to or have ever listened to rap music but a very famous rapper by the name of Method Man, wanted to take her head off many years ago because Wendy outed his wife as being a cancer patient. People had suspected this but as her husband, he and her did a good job of keeping a tight reign on why his wife was going to the hospital, wearing wigs, and what not. Then along comes Wendy one day and just blows the lid off of the whole story by running her big, fat mouth. Of course once that came out, like would happen to any normal person, Method Man's wife started getting phone calls from every which way friends, family, etc...wanting to know if this was true. Eventually, she was shamed into admitting yes, she was battling a form of cancer. But no one would've ever had pried so hard if Wendy BIG MOUTH Williams have never announced it on the god damn radio in the first place. That's another reason HOT 97 fired her. Not the only reason, but one of the bigger ones. Probably the straw that broke the camels back as well.

#17 Kendra Taylor

Kendra Taylor

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

She is better than she was before. Her Show is really growing and she brightens many peoples faces. At First, I was annoyed by the TV Show because of the little song that always plays when she comes out ' Baby baby baby...' It was annoying to me but I got used to it. Now I just watch her periodically to see her progress and ofcourse just like with any other Celebrity woman like Oprah, the way she look. I'm glad to see her taking care of herself and I like her Outfits/Hairstyles. I like her for being herself and encouraging others to do the same and she is a beautiful woman! 

#18 MercyL

MercyL

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

I find Wendy annoying, not so much for her humor or appearance but for her show's content. With all of the things going on in the world, she could choose more pithy topics about things that actually make a difference.

Oprah gets on my nerves too!

Edited by MercyL, 07 July 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#19 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Well, annoying is a strong word, but I have a really hard time watching. I can't explain it, there is just something weird about her that kind of creeps me out. It's really weird to because it's not like I have ever met her. She is just some miscellaneous person on the TV with her own talk show. A talk show I just can't watch.

#20 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

I'm not too fond her her show. To me, she's pretty much a new version of Joan Rivers. In other words, she has nothing interesting to talk about so she gossips, just like Joan Rivers. The problem is most of anything else that is currently on isn't much better. So when it comes to most talk shows, instead of picking what's good, it's become what's most tolerable.