• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Definitely true on both accounts but that is still to be expected isn't it?

#62 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

Well it is entirely up to her. She can live an unhappy life that is filled with drama if she wants to, but to moan about it after is just annoying. She knows what is going to happen, especially when she goes for celebrities like Chris Brown.

#63 minutes

minutes

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

I had no idea who this woman was until she got her show. All I know her as is "the woman who has a talk show before my morning game shows". I've always wondered what her show is like because it is talked about so much, but after reading the replies in this thread I don't think I'm missing out on much. So I'll just continue to stick to my game shows.

#64 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

I had no idea who this woman was until she got her show. All I know her as is "the woman who has a talk show before my morning game shows". I've always wondered what her show is like because it is talked about so much, but after reading the replies in this thread I don't think I'm missing out on much. So I'll just continue to stick to my game shows.

I first heard of her ages back, but the first time I actually saw her was because she hosted the first ever reunion for that TV show Mob Wives. I didn't really pay her any mind after that either, to be honest. But she just got bigger and bigger and became quite a big name.

#65 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Oh you're definitely not missing out on anything at all. I'd say you're much better off not even knowing who she is. 

#66 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Actually, if I were to b honest, it did kind of seem like she just shot to stardom out of nowhere. I saw her on Mob Wives, and then all of a sudden she had that stupid, 'How you Doooiiiin?' phrase that everybody would say in relation to her, and then as more celebrities began to fall apart, she began to make a name for herself off of that. Then it came out that she was a massive drug addict in the past.

#67 minutes

minutes

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Actually, if I were to b honest, it did kind of seem like she just shot to stardom out of nowhere. I saw her on Mob Wives, and then all of a sudden she had that stupid, 'How you Doooiiiin?' phrase that everybody would say in relation to her, and then as more celebrities began to fall apart, she began to make a name for herself off of that. Then it came out that she was a massive drug addict in the past.

I feel like that's how a lot of televisions stars get famous these days, from out of nowhere. I don't understand how these talk show and reality show "stars" got their big break. It used to be these were actors from old shows/movies who the world forgot about that want a second chance in the limelight. I've even seen sports people come out from retirement and into television. I feel like the networks just prop up these names that no one has heard of and try to make us believe that they're already famous, in attempts to promote the show and in turn the network. I guess it's working, because there are about a dozen people I see on these television shows who I have no clue who they are, where they came from, or what exactly made them famous in the first place.

#68 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

I finally had to click on this thread to see why it kept popping up in recently updated.

I am surprised some people here never heard of Wendy Williams before her television talk show. She was pretty well-known for her shock jockette radio show that was syndicated before she moved on to TV.

http://en.wikipedia..../Wendy_Williams

She's not my brand of entertainment that I enjoy watching, but I came to like her a little bit after she proved to be a horrible dancer on DWTS a few seasons ago. For someone who criticizes and makes fun of celebrities and for a living, I thought she handled herself well in an environment that she clearly was not comfortable being in. 

#69 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

I feel like that's how a lot of televisions stars get famous these days, from out of nowhere. I don't understand how these talk show and reality show "stars" got their big break. It used to be these were actors from old shows/movies who the world forgot about that want a second chance in the limelight. I've even seen sports people come out from retirement and into television. I feel like the networks just prop up these names that no one has heard of and try to make us believe that they're already famous, in attempts to promote the show and in turn the network. I guess it's working, because there are about a dozen people I see on these television shows who I have no clue who they are, where they came from, or what exactly made them famous in the first place.

I have to agree with you. It is also the same with a lot of singers that get pushed by these big corporations. These stars just seemingly come out of nowhere. Like, where is the line between you being a nobody and then everybody suddenly loving you? It really is strange. Your theory is interesting, and I can't say that I disagree with it either.

#70 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

all of a sudden she had that stupid, 'How you Doooiiiin?' phrase that everybody would say in relation to her

Oh man, she totally ripped it off Joey from Friends. :P

#71 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

all of a sudden she had that stupid, 'How you Doooiiiin?' phrase that everybody would say in relation to her

Oh man, she totally ripped it off Joey from Friends. :P

Really? I had never heard it before in my life, because as you will find out from other threads on this forum, I am not the biggest fan of Friends, the TV show lol. Just ins't my cup of tea. Aww, poor Joey. Wendy Williams is getting famous off of riding his catchphrase. I would sue lol.

#72 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

Haha I didn't even know she ripped the "how you doin" quote from Joey from Friends. Here I was thinking the woman was being original. I have ever only watched Friends sporadically and not enough to study everything about the show. Hell, I've only seen a handful of episodes to be honest. Wow Wendy, get your own material lol.

#73 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

Haha I didn't even know she ripped the "how you doin" quote from Joey from Friends. Here I was thinking the woman was being original. I have ever only watched Friends sporadically and not enough to study everything about the show. Hell, I've only seen a handful of episodes to be honest. Wow Wendy, get your own material lol.

I know a lot of Friend's fans as friends too, so I was quite shocked to hear that one of them knew this piece of trivia lol. With how big of a mouth Wendy has, you would think that she would come up with her own stuff to spew out of it.

#74 SweetDee

SweetDee

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

Does anyone else find Wendy Williams rather annoying? Her show is on every day at 10 am and I quickly switch it to something else because I don't like her.

I tried to give her a chance when the show first came on, i just can't do it though. I don't like petty personalities. And though, there have been times where she has been spot on...for the most part she is too negative for me

#75 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

I know a lot of Friend's fans as friends too, so I was quite shocked to hear that one of them knew this piece of trivia lol. With how big of a mouth Wendy has, you would think that she would come up with her own stuff to spew out of it.

Yeah she is critical and opinionated, yet she doesn't have her own quotes do go along with it? I sure hope she is paying the producers of the show royalties for getting to use it. I know I'd go to her about it.

#76 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Does anyone else find Wendy Williams rather annoying? Her show is on every day at 10 am and I quickly switch it to something else because I don't like her.

I tried to give her a chance when the show first came on, i just can't do it though. I don't like petty personalities. And though, there have been times where she has been spot on...for the most part she is too negative for me

I always get the sense that she is always trying to be different, and by that I mean that she often tried to have a differing opinion from what she would consider the norm, and she has these opinions at the risk of being very negative all of the time. But being controversial seems much more important to her than coming across as a boring positive talk show host.

#77 STEPHiE08

STEPHiE08

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

I think it's hilarious when Wendy Williams comes on when my husband is sitting around and gets to see, he will almost always make a comment especially about her legs. He says she/he looks like a jellyfish walking on stilts! LOL

Once when I was watching her show, she actually read a tweet from Chris Brown that said something about how he got off his flight and almost mistaken one of the guys that works at the airport for Wendy. She was soo pissed! LOL I did feel a tiny tiny bit sorry for her, but then it went away quickly!!! 

#78 LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08

Cordial

• 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

My husband hates her show. I watch it sometimes only because of her juicy gossip an some of the celebrities that are on there. Most of the time I change the channel after the juicy gossip. I honesty did not know that Wendy existed until her show. 

#79 Silverfox

Silverfox

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

I stumbled on Wendy some months ago and the show kept me glued for the duration of the show every time I stumbled on her. Maybe it's the gossip and that's weird because I usually don't like much gossip. Perhaps it's because I noticed she did not have a lot of good things to say about my home girl Rihanna.

She gives my "ambassador" a hard time often suggesting she is not marriage material.

What surprises me about the show is the audience asking her questions about life, relationships etc. I think she should stick more to the gossip and be an authority on that. She does that well.

If I had to rate her on a scale of 1 to 10, I would give her a 5+ but I am no authority on ratings.