• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jess

Jess

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

I know this board hasn't been very active, but I'm going to be reviewing the upcoming season, so I hope more people take advantage of the summer break to catch up on it. Season 2 was awesome.

#2 Jess

Jess

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

I hope season 3 is awesome. I love this show so, so much. But, I'm Team Zade, so that's like 90% of my investment.

#3 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

NY doctor meets Southern hospitality and hostility in a small town.

I saw the trailers before it hit the air and caught the first several episodes. Unfortunately for me, it comes on at the same time as another show I cannot tear myself away, but the idea of a big city doctor finding herself in a small town in Alabama on an internship only to find the Dr. she's studying under is her father, not to mention she's not exactly fitting in with the locals who really despise newcomers, it just sets the stage for a very satisfying good time. Rachel Bilson stars as Dr. Zoe Hart and if you think you've seen her before or that name sounds familiar, you're right, she was known as Summer Roberts on The O.C.

#4 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

The first few episodes were kind of stiff, but as the show has settled down, it has gotten really good. I didn't realize that "Zoe" was "Summer." I just knew I had seen her somewhere before!

#5 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I saw the first episode but I haven't caught it again.

I actually really enjoyed the first episode, though. The only reason I didn't keep going with it was because there were so many other things on the air I was trying to keep up with at that time. I thought Rachel Bilson really pulled off the character she's trying to play. She's the perfect "big city girl accidentally finding herself in a small hick town" type :)

The only thing that really bugs me with the show (from what little I saw) is that I'm southern myself from Georgia, so the over-acting some of the locals do sort of gets to me. As well as some of the southern stereotypes. But yeah, I'm anxious to watch this one again.

#6 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I actually really enjoyed the first episode, though. The only reason I didn't keep going with it was because there were so many other things on the air I was trying to keep up with at that time. I thought Rachel Bilson really pulled off the character she's trying to play. She's the perfect "big city girl accidentally finding herself in a small hick town" type :)

The only thing that really bugs me with the show (from what little I saw) is that I'm southern myself from Georgia, so the over-acting some of the locals do sort of gets to me. As well as some of the southern stereotypes. But yeah, I'm anxious to watch this one again.

Is the show suppose to take place in Georgia? I sort of thought it was either Alabama or Mississippi?

The over-acting doesn't really bother me too much. Lemon's voice did sort of get to me at first, but I guess I've gotten use to it. lol

#7 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

I don't really get into the underdog vs the township thing which seems to be the thing with country related shows. You have a town that doesn't like the city slicker......YAWN....it's been done to death. Lemon and her southern sisters in this sorority meets skittles kind of club they have is just odd. I am not even sure this exists but it does perpetuate the stereotype that southern girls are extremely mean with honey on top. It's just hard to swallow it.

#8 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Is the show suppose to take place in Georgia? I sort of thought it was either Alabama or Mississippi?

The over-acting doesn't really bother me too much. Lemon's voice did sort of get to me at first, but I guess I've gotten use to it. lol

I'm pretty sure it takes place in Alabama. But still ... close enough! lol.

I'm going to give this one another go whenever I get the chance. I think it's one that I'd like to watch while my husband is doing something else. Kind of one of those cheesy guilty pleasures :)

#9 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Funny you mention cheesy, that's exactly what I think of the show myself. Cheesy. It's got it's moments but mainly is just more of the same small town young adults trying to find something fun and a bit cheeky to do on those long boring nights. It's definitely not thought provoking or even something that takes up much brain power to watch.

#10 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

I enjoyed this show when it first came out, and I especially liked Dr. Zoe Hart. The entire tug-of-war between her and the typical southern blonde ditz was fun at first. Over the season, the overdone stereotypes and the southern drawls that were so "off" wore thin on me.

#11 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

I enjoyed this show when it first came out, and I especially liked Dr. Zoe Hart. The entire tug-of-war between her and the typical southern blonde ditz was fun at first. Over the season, the overdone stereotypes and the southern drawls that were so "off" wore thin on me.

I am not surprised it wore thin but I'm surprised how fast it did

I have been meaning to watch the whole season during the summer but now I don't know if I should

#12 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

I feel the same way as most in here have voiced. That drawl and the stereotypes would turn me off. The funny city girl meets country would be hilarious until the novelty wore off and she became accustomed to running across the animals more than a few times in her travels. It ceases to be funny when she passes by a bog visitor and yawns.

#13 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

I like this show and for once the herione makes a choice that I can agree with! She doesn't go off with George, but leaves him to figure out his life, and in the meantime, she's having some fun with Wade. Heheheh

#14 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I still have to catch up on the last few episodes for season 2. I really like Zoe but a lot of the secondary storylines and characters can be quite lame at times. I’ll give season 3 a chance, but I’m not overly committed to watching this one anymore.

#15 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

I enjoyed the opening episode. I think it is interesting how they are focusing much more on the tension between Wade & Zoe instead of George. I wonder how many episodes her new boyfriend will be on for, before they inevitably breakup.

#16 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I watched the first two seasons even if the plot and characters were silly but now everything is just foolish. I like Zoe because she played in OC a few years back one of my favorite teen shows, but I think the creators of Hart of Dixie are a couple of teenagers that listen to Justin Biebel and smoke pot in the same time.

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm watching this on Netflix now as background noise while I work on a few projects.

If I knew Cress Williams was on this show I would've watched sooner.

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'm half way through the first season and I kind of love this show.

Wade has to be the end game. He must.

#19 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm half way through the first season and I kind of love this show.

Wade has to be the end game. He must.

So do many people  :)

#20 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm on the 13th episode of season 2.

Zoe and Wade are hella annoying sometimes, especially Wade with his insecurities but I still love them together. I don't think the actor who plays Wade is handsome but he plays the part well.

I kind of like George better this season, but I don't want him with Zoe. That outcome would make them boring and predictable.

The ongoing thing between the Lavon and Lemon is super annoying too, however, it's not as unbearable as Lavon and Ruby. Glad that story didn't last for long. I've watched up to the episodes where Lavon has started dating AnnaBeth and I think they are an interesting pairing.

Overall, this show is fluff but it has enough sweetness and laughs to keep my attention for now. Once I'm done with season two I may wait to watch the third season when it's available on Netflix. This is not the type of show that could sustain my attention on weekly basis. It's better in smaller doses.