• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Single dad struggles to connect to his 11 year old emotionally challenged son.

I thought this was a program about a child who has Autism and his dad (24 Alum Kiefer Sutherland) discovers he's savant and gifted or a sort of "Rain Man" of the small screen. I quickly discovered though that the 11 year old isn't Autistic but he is incredibly gifted at being able to predict the future in a unique way. The main stories though focus on the bond challenges between father and son as they learn the gift the 11 year old truly possesses.

#2 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

I was disappointed to find out that the original season 2 premier date for Touch, which was suppposed to be on October 26th, is now pushed to Friday, February 1st. At least it's coming back, right? I was a big fan of Tim Kring's Heroes, so when I learned that he created this show on Fox, I very excitedly tuned in from the beginning, and it hasn't disappointed me yet. I see the similarities between both shows (Heroes and Touch), and how Kring has written many characters and global events intertwining with each other. The story is intriguing enough, and I can't wait for more episodes next year.

#3 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

I was afraid it wasn't coming back when I didn't see it show up a week or two ago. Thanks for letting us know that it was merely pushed forward until February.

I really love this show. I love how intricate it can get and how the overall picture is how everything is connected....and one small change can make all the difference in the world (literally).

#4 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Touch season 2 has come back on Fox and you can now catch up and watch full episodes on the official website. Yay!  :lol:

Fox Touch Official

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm watching it right now.

This new woman and the hunt for Amelia is....well, it's kind of weird to have just so much focus on it. At the same time, it does give Touch a reason/plot from episode to episode. It's an ongoing storyline that has a 'purpose' so to speak, even if it is a bit strange.

#6 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

For now, the episodes are still interesting enough for me to hang on to the show, and as long as they stay that way and not become too strange or freaky, I'll keep no watching.

#7 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

So they finally found the girl and now they're going to lose her again....

I really wish they did more of the connection stuff like they did the first season. The stuff with the girl and all these other similar people is interesting, but I wish it were a side story. I want them to go back to connecting people from all over the world in bizarre ways and 'saving the day' for some of them. That connection to everywhere else is what drew me into the show. :(

#8 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

So they finally found the girl and now they're going to lose her again....

I really wish they did more of the connection stuff like they did the first season. The stuff with the girl and all these other similar people is interesting, but I wish it were a side story. I want them to go back to connecting people from all over the world in bizarre ways and 'saving the day' for some of them. That connection to everywhere else is what drew me into the show. :(

You're right. The major theme this season is all about Amelia. I feel the show lost its "touch" when they strayed away from the idea of how random people touch each other's lives somehow to find themselves destined to be connected in some way or other thus, saving the day for some, like you said. But in spite of all that, I'll still keep watching...

#9 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm still going to watch for a while, too. I'm hoping that they get a hold of Amelia again or that it leads to the two of them doing things together in order to 'touch' lives all across the globe again. All of this other stuff is just dragging along, I think. :(