• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#21 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

I don't tend to watch a lot of the adult themed cartoons or cartoons in general really. If I do catch one it is usually Family Guy (I mean who can resist Stewie?) or Archer. Archer is pretty raunchy and vulgar though since it is on a cable channel and not network television.

I remember an episode on Family Guy where Stewie went after Brian for his money after Brian blew a bet on a boxing match between Channing and a well known boxer. When Brian didn't have the money, Stewie went postal on him to get it. It was the first time I'd seen Stewie in that position to do some actual harm. Until then it was all voice and no action.

Oh man, Stewie was brutal in that episode; I'd never seen him beat someone up so badly. It was a bit unnerving, actually.

I know the origins of The Cleveland Show, Remote, but I just don't care for it.

#22 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

Of the ones you've mentioned, my favorite is Family Guy. I find it super hilarious. Stewie is mental. I love his dark sense of humor coupled with his accent. And Brian's cool. :)

#23 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

I get into Adult Swim now and then. My favorites would be Cowboy Bebop, The Oblongs, Squidbillies, and (my absolute favorite) Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Shake cracks me up every time!

#24 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

I have never liked any of those mentioned. My ex husband used to let my two sons watch South Park. I was quite upset because they were so young. They were both still in elementary school. I seem to be the only one here that does't watch this shows. They just don't appeal to me.

#25 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I just started watching Family Guy this year since it was one of my husband's favorite shows. It's ok, it's not my type of humor. I like The Boondocks better. I think it's on the Cartoon Network but you can view prior season DVD episodes on Netflix too.

#26 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I really like Family Guy and Southpark. I have never been into the Simpsons at all, even though I know that's the biggest one that everybody seems to love. The Cleveland Show isn't too bad, although it's really similar to Family Guy in a lot of ways, for obvious reasons, so it falls flat frequently, too.

#27 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

When it comes to Adult Cartoons, I used to be big on both the Simpsons and Family Guy.

Simpsons had stopped being funny long ago. And I'm starting to see the same fading in Family Guy. I guess it's hard to constantly keep pushing out top quality so frequently.

#28 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

That's how I feel about it, too, Cross. It's hard for them to keep coming up with fresh content at this point. At the same time, if it's just going to suck most of the time, I'm not sure I want them to keep trying either. Take a break in the series or something, ya know? Don't ruin the show because you feel the need to keep pushing them out.

#29 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

That's how I feel about it, too, Cross. It's hard for them to keep coming up with fresh content at this point. At the same time, if it's just going to suck most of the time, I'm not sure I want them to keep trying either. Take a break in the series or something, ya know? Don't ruin the show because you feel the need to keep pushing them out.

Many people don't remember this, but Family Guy actually did take such a break after their first season. But both the Simpsons and Family guy are such staples now that even if/when the creators want to take a break, FOX won't let them because they're cash cows.

#30 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I really like Family Guy and Southpark. I have never been into the Simpsons at all, even though I know that's the biggest one that everybody seems to love. The Cleveland Show isn't too bad, although it's really similar to Family Guy in a lot of ways, for obvious reasons, so it falls flat frequently, too.

Me too. I liked the Simpsons in highschool for a small time and then grew tired of it. I'm surprised it has remained to be so successful for decades. It's not for me but I suppose that strategy " if it ain't broke , don't fix it" has been working for the creator. Isn't he retired already too? I heard he retired at 40. Must be nice.

#31 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Many people don't remember this, but Family Guy actually did take such a break after their first season.

I'm not sure that counts as a break. They got cancelled, lol. That's not choosing to take a break to revamp the show..... they had no intentions of ever bringing it back after that. They ended up getting bought by someone else who decided to bring them back and renew the show.

#32 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

I got hooked on Family Guy and KIng of The Hill during the re-runs. lol I don't know why this happens. I was even watching them in secret, because I didn't want to get caught watching cartoons at my age. But, why should I be surprised, I do like Teen Mom afterall. lol I guess I am just on the immature side lol. What evs....

#33 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I know this may not be known as entirely an adult cartoon but Adventure Time has some great jokes. The show appeals to adults more than children and it's crazy how people don't notice the hidden humor. The show itself has many hidden jokes and meanings and I personally think a lot of it may even be too dirty for children.

#34 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Many people don't remember this, but Family Guy actually did take such a break after their first season.

I'm not sure that counts as a break. They got cancelled, lol. That's not choosing to take a break to revamp the show..... they had no intentions of ever bringing it back after that. They ended up getting bought by someone else who decided to bring them back and renew the show.

I stand corrected lol Looking back over my own source even, you're right. Good call

#35 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

I loved "Drawn Together" on Comedy Central. I miss that show. It ended way too early.

#36 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

I loved "Drawn Together" on Comedy Central. I miss that show. It ended way too early.

I had never heard of "Drawn Together". Which other show would you compare it to? Is it avaliable on Netflix?

#37 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I had never heard of "Drawn Together". Which other show would you compare it to? Is it avaliable on Netflix?

It's like "South Park" only funnier and a lot more mature. The jokes and humor are a lot more biting and sarcastic. You should be able to find some clips on YouTube from the show. The show was cancelled but there was a movie put together I think of the final two episodes. It was released as a movie anyways. Here's a link to watch some clips http://tinyurl.com/a7k33ek as for Netflix not sure I am not a member.

#38 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

The Simpsons was my first exposure to adult cartoons and I enjoy watching it. There are some scenes that I'm not comfortable watching like when Homer and Bart fight each other or when Homer put Bart down and Bart being rude to Homer, his father. That to me don't seem to be the kind of thing that I would want my children to behave with their father. But because it is presented in a comical way, one just needs to take it not too seriously.

#39 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

I stopped watching "The Simpsons" years ago. I think mid 20's maybe? Just fell out of love with it.

#40 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Oh ok. Thanks Cordial. It sounds like something I may like. I'll check out the link. Thanks for the info.