• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

"Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" Theme song is immediately recognizable for what is ahead. A very real cops show complete with a "day in the life" of cops from just about every state in the US. They chase down bad guys on foot, in the air and of course in their cruisers.

No doughnuts and coffee here while they get to the heart of the matter in self contained clips weaved together. Sometimes by theme (bad girls, Fat Tuesday parade in Louisiana), sometimes in concert with America's Most Wanted, and in the earlier seasons, many of the filming crew followed the cop home or into their private lives during the filming. It's one of my all time favorite shows.

#2 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Cops comes on in my area 2 times a day but at different times and on the channel's affiliate and then on Saturday evening for 1 hour, usually a new and a re-run episode. I really try catching them all if I am able but I have found sometimes those watched at noon are those I watched the day before at 7 PM on the affiliate station. The earlier episodes have a few 2hour type especially revolving around drug & prostitution stings and homicides. I don't recall seeing an actual season finale as the 2 hour shows run in their entirety.

#3 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Here in my area, Cops runs on Saturday night in 2 episodes (or one hour) followed by (usually) America's Most Wanted. A fitting marriage between Cops and the Most Wanted list. A sort of modern day "Most Wanted" posters you used to see tacked on walls of buildings in the wild west. Now those folks knew how to deal with the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer; they just didn't, once you were found guilty, it all went down at sunset.

#4 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm not a big reality show fan, but this one I can watch. Stupid criminals are entertaining :lol . I haven't seen an episode in quite some time, but I used to watch it all the time back in the early 90s when it first aired. My husband watches some other show about jail - I've watched an episode or two and it was pretty darn funny.

#5 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I used to love this show, but I didn't know it was still on. Is it still on Fox on Saturday nights or are all you guys just catching re-runs?

#6 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

I used to love this show, but I didn't know it was still on. Is it still on Fox on Saturday nights or are all you guys just catching re-runs?

Here you go Sensa.

CBS Cops

New episodes started back in April 7th.

#7 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm not a big reality show fan, but this one I can watch. Stupid criminals are entertaining :lol . I haven't seen an episode in quite some time, but I used to watch it all the time back in the early 90s when it first aired. My husband watches some other show about jail - I've watched an episode or two and it was pretty darn funny.

That aired here on another channel and followed another cop show (not COPS). It was like watching a continuation, so you'd watch the cop show, then watch the booking and jailing process with all it's drama and issues. It's a pair made in heaven. Unfortunately like everything else, it didn't take long before they both were cancelled :frawn

#8 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

In my experience, watching cops is like watching the incident that led people to the Jerry Springer show. :lol Okay, that's mean. Seriously, though, I've seen some hardcore rednecking going on in that show from time to time and I know it when I see it!!

COPS is one of those shows that you just get sucked into if you land on it while channel surfing.

#9 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

I agree, COPS is like watching the aftermath of a train wreck, sure you can pass by and wonder or you stop and gawk at it all. Yes it's sometimes brutal, gross and well, just head shaking (or face palming) but, that's what make it COPS. Anything less wouldn't be as fun or satisfying.

#10 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

Cops is my husbands favorite show of all time lol. I like it too but I don't watch it as much as he does. Some of those people on this show just amaze me. If a cop told me to put my hands behind my back while he is sitting on my back, I think I would do it lol.

#11 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Now that you guys told me where to find it we have been watching it again too. Anytime they are in the state I still expect to see people I went to high school with. It hasn't happened yet but it won't be a shock if it does! :/

#12 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I can't even tell which ones are new or old at this point. It has been on for what I feel like is my entire life but yet it is always awesome. I will never get sick of seeing some drunk hillbilly get tazed and slammed into the concrete.

#13 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

This was on back when it wasn't even called reality tv. In fact, I believe this debuted the same year as the Simpsons back in 1987. Goes to show how old Cops is.

#14 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

I hate this show. Seeing how these cops treat people makes me sick. There is a lot wrong with our society in my opinion (such as drugs like pot being illegal) and seeing the lengths they go to throw good people in jail for having drugs makes me so furious that I can't stand to watch it. I'll get really upset.

I'd find the show interesting if none of the arrests had anything to do with drugs.

#15 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I remember this show. I remember I was a teenager when the show came out initially. I still catch a few episodes from time to time. There are a bunch of different spin offs of the same idea. Now there are different reality shows on life and career of officers in law enforcement. It definitely shows a bigger picture of the actual danger these officers face day to day.

#16 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't like this show. It's not as fun as it is pathetic. These people getting arrested are just the lowest of the low. It's actually quite sad.

#17 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

I don't like this show. It's not as fun as it is pathetic. These people getting arrested are just the lowest of the low. It's actually quite sad.

It does show how stupid people can be doesn't it. But at the same time MarineAlcott is right too. Because it does show how cops really act. Or at the very least, they try to cover it up. They were caught red handed in one of their edits with that because the dictation was off on time I personally saw.

#18 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I can't believe this show is still on. Its been like 26 years or more. Strangely enough they don't ever run out of bad guys or freaks to feature on this show. I am surprised that they haven't had to recycle people and have them appear more than once. It was one my father's favorites, so hearing the theme song makes me think of him.

#19 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

It does show how stupid people can be doesn't it. But at the same time MarineAlcott is right too. Because it does show how cops really act. Or at the very least, they try to cover it up. They were caught red handed in one of their edits with that because the dictation was off on time I personally saw.

I live in NYC. Don't get me started on cops. I think the LAPD could give the NYPD a run for their money in worst police force in the country. But since I live in the Big Apple, I think NYPD takes the worst crown.

#20 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hey I'm a New Yorker too so I know EXACTLY how you feel lol. I can't speak on the LAPD's behalf but I can damn well attest to the ridiculousness called the NYPD.