• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Does anybody here watch this show? What I love about it is that it was based on a real crime solving and investigating. Also it has different episodes and stories so we don't have to follow it often if we have no time. Each episode carries suspense that chills me plus the way it is being shown makes me fully understand the story and the motive of each crime.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqgKk3RVcBaqCEpWx5IJ9D5BBnOsu4BOilIHi0E7o0g01neMl-oGvEK12p

This real life crime based drama documentary began way back 1988, and changed its name to 48 hours Investigates and now back again to 48 hours mystery. Now its on the 25th season.

The latest episode was "The Stranger Beside Me", about the disappearance of a young and smart woman, and how it was related to her boyfriend..
Poor Jaime Laiaddee, been with her sociopathic boyfriend for 3 years just wasted her life with him.
The cops really did well in finding it out. Well it wasn't that hard at all because he's an obvious liar.

#2 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I catch it when I remember it's on. I really like the way they dive into the case and interviews with the witnesses, family members, etc. I also enjoy the fact that the cases are pretty much solved or near solved so that it comes off satisfying rather than leaving you wondering if there will be an updated show to catch us up.

#3 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

I catch this from time to time on Discovery ID. I am a sucker for a true crime show so this is fantastic. Also like you said every show is a different crime so you don't have to watch it all the time if you can't squeeze it in.

#4 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

I've never seen this one on TV, but I do watch similar shows such as 'Deadly women' or 'Disappeared'. It is based on the same idea of showing the cases (solved or unsolved) step by step like in a real life. I like to watch some of them but some honestly makes me feel scared or sick.

If I would have a chance I would watch the '40 hours mystery' too.

#5 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

You can watch some of the episodes online at CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/48hours/

#6 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

We watch this show a lot and others similar to it. I like these types of 'realty' shows. It's always interesting to see how they go about catching the guilty party.

#7 MsSue

MsSue

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

This is absolutely one of my favororite shows. I am a real true crime buff, and I have been watching this show for years. The cases are interesting, and I like the way they interview the family and friends of the victims. Sometimes they even interview the criminals from prison. I especially like the shows where they investigate the wrongly accused and show that they have finally been released. My only problem is that I think I've seen them all.

#8 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

I have watched similar episodes in the past, and really enjoyed them. While watching it, you seem to know who the killer is, but 90% of the time it turn out to be somebody different. It is also amazing, to see how they go about their detective work, to find the guilty party.

#9 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

On Saturday nights when there's nothing else on I'll tune into it. One thing I like about the show is how the reporter's aren't biased and they always interview both sides to get their stories. As I'm watching the show, I try to put myself in the juror's shoes and decide if the person is guilty or not.

#10 FanGirl

FanGirl

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

48 hours shows here on sunday evenings and I have watched it on and off for years, sometimes the stories are just so darn depressing. I hate to think there are people in this world that are really like this. Stone cold lovers that say they love you, marry you then kill you or rob you. My GOODNESS how awful. Occasionally you get a good one that has a better ending but that seems to be far a few inbetween. After 48 hours they would run "To catch a preditor" with Chris Hanson thats another show that makes you think about people different.

#11 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

I do watch this show if I happen to be channel-surfing and it is on. It is not my favorite true crime show, however. At times it can be a little tedious, mundane, or even boring. I don't expect the action to be like "Cops", because they are detectives, not beat cops, but it never seems to get very exciting. Occasionally, the interviews with a  suspect will be interesting or even funny. That is probably what makes me keep coming back.