• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

OK, I hate to admit it but I love 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom. They are my guilty pleasures. I spend half the time yelling at the TV because the kids are acting like idiots, but for some reason I enjoy that. :$

Does anyone else like these shows?

#2 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

I like both of these shows too, but I hate how stupid these kids can be. They have kids you know? It is time to stand up and be responsible. I am sure half of the stuff shown is scripted or planned in some way though.

#3 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

I like both of these shows too, but I hate how stupid these kids can be. They have kids you know? It is time to stand up and be responsible. I am sure half of the stuff shown is scripted or planned in some way though.

I'm sure but it doesn't take away from the disgust I feel for these girls AND the parents. Accidental pregnancy happens but they don't learn from their mistakes

#4 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Not my kind of show it is but I have to say I do watch it sometimes. I never understand how can you have a accidental baby and make a show out of it?! It is just weird and I personally, don't feel like that kind of shows should be on TV. There is no educational value in it and it just make me feel sorry for the kids.

#5 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

I too have watched these many times. But only when I am home by myself. I would never let my husband know that I love watching these shows. He would think I was crazy. But these kids intrigue me for some reason even though they are idiots some of the time.

#6 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I've seen it before, but only because my daughter wanted to watch and we have an agreement; any show that she wants to see that I haven't heard of we have to watch together, so I can at least get a good idea what she's attempting to kill her brain with. I didn't particularly object to the show itself because I think any person with a brain that actually sees this show, it has to be the best birth control method since videos of STD's in health class.

But I think it's a totally brain rot, so she's only allowed so many episodes. So far, she's asked me some pretty good questions regarding sex and pregnancy and starting a family, and all basically left her with the impression that she wants to wait until after college and when she finds her 'one true love' ( gag..her words not mine ) until she engages in any activity that could lead to bringing another life into the world.

#7 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I love the show. But I always find myself screaming "Abortion! This is what abortion is for!" at the television, lol.

I honestly do think that a few of those girls are great moms and I'm happy that they didn't have an abortion. But for most of them, I think ending that their pregnancy, learning from it, and continuing on with their lives would have been a far, far better option. I'm extremely pro-choice if you can't tell. I think there are far too many children in this world who's parents can't take care of them and most of those girls are far too emotionally immature at that age to be good moms. It's just sad.

#8 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I liked 16 & Pregnant more than Teen Mom. I felt like the 16 & Pregnant was more interesting/dramatic. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoy these shows. They are very interesting to watch. I wish Netflix would get 16 & Pregnant though.... They have Teen Mom, but not the other one. <_<

#9 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

This is yet another show I am hooked on, and is totally age inappropriate for me. I don't even have teenage children anymore. I don't know why I can't stop watching it. Especially the original one. I am going to miss those girls. Oh Mtv, what have you done to me?

#10 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

I watch this show once in a while but I get disgusted with the teens that are on their second, third or fourth "accidental "pregnancy with the same guy or even different guy. Mistakes happen but that's what they are meant to be ...a poor judgement call and you are supposed to learn and get smarter not repeat the same thing. I've heard this show has been beneficial and teen pregnancy has seen a small decline. Whether it's attributed to this show alone or just teens are becoming smarter about delaying pregnancy, it's hard to say.

#11 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

This is yet another show I am hooked on, and is totally age inappropriate for me. I don't even have teenage children anymore. I don't know why I can't stop watching it. Especially the original one. I am going to miss those girls. Oh Mtv, what have you done to me?

It's okay, I'm 30 and I love it. :)

#12 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

I can't stand them.

At all.

I have tried on more than one occasion to watch them and I end up just shutting them off. They're not realistic at all and they're full of teenage drama that just gets on my nerves and pisses me off. I want to reach through the TV and slap them.

#13 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

I can't stand them.

At all.

I have tried on more than one occasion to watch them and I end up just shutting them off. They're not realistic at all and they're full of teenage drama that just gets on my nerves and pisses me off. I want to reach through the TV and slap them.

If that's how you feel, then their actually doing their job.

Those shows in particular are meant to show off teenagers doing and saying stupid stuff.. What upsets me is that they're actually getting paid for it.

#14 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

If people were gonna pay me to do a reality show about my life I'd take the check. But it certainly wouldn't be for a show like this. If I had fathered a kid when I was 16 the last thing I'd be thinking about is getting in front of a tv camera. I'd be more concerned with finding a job to support my family if I didn't already have one.

#15 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

I can't stand them.

At all.

Those shows in particular are meant to show off teenagers doing and saying stupid stuff.. What upsets me is that they're actually getting paid for it.

I guess so. I feel like it somewhat glorifies teen pregnancy, though. That's not how it really goes. Adults may realize that, but what about the teenagers that are watching it? What are they going to think?

#16 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I've tried watching this show but I just can't. It glamorizes teenage pregnancy and makes it seem like a norm, and that's not okay.

#17 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I can't stand them.

At all.

I guess so. I feel like it somewhat glorifies teen pregnancy, though. That's not how it really goes. Adults may realize that, but what about the teenagers that are watching it? What are they going to think?

That I can agree with you on. These shows REALLY do push teen pregnancy as a "normal" thing. Personally, I find it horrid that a show like this is even allowed to stay on the air.

#18 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Normal? Glamorizes? These people are living the worst lives ever! I don't ever see smiles on their faces. Every preview/trailer is someone crying, yelling, or screaming. If someone sees this and says they wanna get preggers at age 16 they're nuts.

#19 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Normal? Glamorizes? These people are living the worst lives ever! I don't ever see smiles on their faces. Every preview/trailer is someone crying, yelling, or screaming. If someone sees this and says they wanna get preggers at age 16 they're nuts.

But that's exactly what many of the young girls do. Especially since they know they get paid for letting them film it.

#20 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

So it's worth all of the drama and unhappiness and stress? Wow. I hope these checks are atleast 5 figures. Because the therapy bills sure as hell will be.