• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I think it's fair. I never smoked, drank, or did drugs when I was a teenager. And I was a teenage boy!

Teenage boys are very different than teenager girls. We're conditioned differently, so we react differently. I think most of the girls on this show are stupid, regarding the choices they have made, but I see women in their 30s making the same choices for the same reason these little girls do: they don't value themselves. They value being "loved" by someone, esp. someone who doesn't love them back. They want to prove they're worthy, they want to "fix" either the boy/man or themselves to fit into the fairytale they want life to be.

I was much better behaved than the girls on this show as a teenager, but man, if you would have recorded my tears over the boys who I "loved" and didn't treat me right? I would have looked like a moron. While the girls on this show annoy me to no end, I recognize that they are only teenager and they are dealing with typical teenage emotions as well as ones they weren't ready for, the emotional ties of having a baby and being linked to someone, the swift and complicated hormone changes from pregnancy, etc.

Sadly, until we teach women to value themselves more, we're going to keep turning out the train wrecks on teen mom.

#22 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I understand what you're saying and I agree. But there are a lot of things people do and say that don't make much sense. This is just one more instance of that.

#23 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yeah but they must think longterm. This kind of exploitation isn't healthy for anyone. Especially the children.

#24 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I need to catch up on the new season and then I'll be back to comment. I love this show!

#25 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Love? Really? I can't stomach even one episode. If I had to choose between this show and "Maury Povich", I'm afraid I'd choose "Maury". Atleast there's a chance the folks appearing on Maury are actors.

#26 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I totally love it. Although I missed the first two epsiodes of the new season since stupid mtv won't play them on the website. I caught up on episode 3, where Corey and Leah were finalizing their divorce. Does anyone else get the vibe that they still really love each other and both think they shouldn't have gone through with the divorce but don't want to say it?

At the same time, Leah obviously knew she wasn't ready to get married and just didn't have the guts to call it off. It was kind of painful to watch at the time.

Kailyn is my least favorite of all of them. Jenelle is a worse person but she is entertaining at least. I was laughing so hard when she was telling her laywer she couldn't go to jail because of the Ke$ha concert when they'd already been kind enough to give her a majorly reduced sentence. She is SUCH an idiot it's almost scary. She could have dealt with all of it and been free within a very short time, smoked all the pot she wanted, gone to whatever concert she wanted, etc. Now she's probably going to be dealing with jail for a long time. I've really never seen a dumber person in my life. I love pot too, but damn girl, control yourself for a little while and get your freedom back! She has the rest of her life to blaze it up. Now she's screwed herself and no pot or concerts in jail anyway.

I like Leah the best and I like Chelsea too. Can't wait for episode 4.

#27 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I totally love it. Although I missed the first two epsiodes of the new season since stupid mtv won't play them on the website. I caught up on episode 3, where Corey and Leah were finalizing their divorce. Does anyone else get the vibe that they still really love each other and both think they shouldn't have gone through with the divorce but don't want to say it?

At the same time, Leah obviously knew she wasn't ready to get married and just didn't have the guts to call it off. It was kind of painful to watch at the time.

Kailyn is my least favorite of all of them. Jenelle is a worse person but she is entertaining at least. I was laughing so hard when she was telling her laywer she couldn't go to jail because of the Ke$ha concert when they'd already been kind enough to give her a majorly reduced sentence. She is SUCH an idiot it's almost scary. She could have dealt with all of it and been free within a very short time, smoked all the pot she wanted, gone to whatever concert she wanted, etc. Now she's probably going to be dealing with jail for a long time. I've really never seen a dumber person in my life. I love pot too, but damn girl, control yourself for a little while and get your freedom back! She has the rest of her life to blaze it up. Now she's screwed herself and no pot or concerts in jail anyway.

I like Leah the best and I like Chelsea too. Can't wait for episode 4.

I find it hard to believe that Corey and Leah still "love" each other, since she is currently engaged to another guy and carrying his baby. Just another example of why babies shouldn't have babies. Its like these girls can't make a good decision if it were sitting in their faces. I know and understand that they are young, but geez, come on already.

#28 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well, I think most women probably will always have love for the father of their children on some level, even if they do move on with someone else. Beyond the times the father is a complete bastard, of course. Which Corey isn't.

#29 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Of course they will. They're imbeciles. These women are going to meet men equally as scabbish, who will give them more children that they can't afford to take care of. And on and on.

#30 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

It's difficult to find a good guy and then keep him around. I think that's part of what makes the show so popular: these girls are easy to relate to, for a lot of us. Especially their relationship struggles. I never had the kid, but a lot of the situations in their relationships could easily have been me at age 17, 18, 19, etc.

#31 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I want so badly for Chelsea to get over Adam! I really, really hope this time she will finally pull through and realize she doesn't want him, but I sadly do not expect this to happen.

#32 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I want so badly for Chelsea to get over Adam! I really, really hope this time she will finally pull through and realize she doesn't want him, but I sadly do not expect this to happen.

The type of hold Adam has on Chelsea is just unreal. I don't know what he did, but he totally has her under his spell. The meaner he is to her, the more she seems to want to be with him. I just don't get it. She seems to come from a decent family. She gets more than her fair share of positive attention and support from both of her parents. Its just crazy.

#33 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I know, I actually love her dad. I don't know why her parents got divorced though, maybe there are some darker issues there that we don't know of. I really want her to keep going to therapy though, I'm sad she isn't going to continue with it. I can't stomach seeing her getting back with him again.

#34 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

You guys obviously left out the most important factor. These girls are just dumb. You can say all you want about feelings, emotions, etc...but you can't underestimate the stupidity of the average person. The people on this show are of limited intellect. Which makes them great specimens for reality tv, but for life decisions? Not so much.

#35 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I don't think its really fair to call them "dumb" They are obviously going through growing pains of life. Some of us take a little longer to learn our lessons thats all. I would just like to understand why they keep doing it .

#36 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I think it's fair. I never smoked, drank, or did drugs when I was a teenager. And I was a teenage boy! I ran with a crew of other dudes and we got into the usual trouble like putting M80's in trash cans, knocking on doors, egging people on Halloween, etc. But even though some of them were into more "troublesome" behavior when we split up and went our separate ways some nights, I never was peer-pressured into anything. And I never got anyone knocked up and produced a child I couldn't take care of at 16,17, or 18. It's really not that hard to "misspend" your youth, without "over misspending" it. Ya know?

#37 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I see your point. But intellectually, these girls ultimately end up looking to their parents. Who in these shows don't seem to have their own stuff together. So obviously, if mom and dad are a mess, little Juliet or whomever will be as well.

#38 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I feel really bad for Jenelle after watching the last epsiode. Her mom is such a bitch that it makes me sick. How can you look at your daughter crying in bed with a terrible headache and then guilt her and put her down? That mother doesn't have a comforting or nurturing bone in her body. It isn't surprising that Jenelle turned out the way that she did.

Still, she has come a long way and I've felt proud of her these last few episodes.

#39 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Just heard the news that they may be canceling Teen Mom2 because of Janelle. MTV is afraid of the liability she has become. They really fear she is going to end up dead, and be held responsible for it.... Jeez why don't they just take her off..... The show wouldn't die without her.

#40 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Just heard the news that they may be canceling Teen Mom2 because of Janelle. MTV is afraid of the liability she has become. They really fear she is going to end up dead, and be held responsible for it.... Jeez why don't they just take her off..... The show wouldn't die without her.

If she is ratings gold then they can't really just take her off the show. Ratings will plummet, and MTV will lose money. Cancelling is the only way to save face and keep profits really.