• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#41 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Do you really think that she is the major draw to this show? A good idea would be mixing the top 2 moms from teen mom 1 and teen mom 2.... Now that would be a good show.

#42 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm most attracted to Leah and Jenelle's storyline of all of them. I can't believe that Leah got engaged again so soon! But I guess it's good since she is pregnant with his baby. Which I assume she miscarried or something because I don't think she ended up having the kid. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I had just heard that at some point, she has a miscarriage.

#43 appleannie123

appleannie123

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I do not really like these shows. I think they give other girls in America the wrong idea. They most certainly do not deal with the realities of teen pregnancy and raising kids at such a young age. I know when I was sixteen, if I had gotten pregnant, I would have been too humiliated to show up at school much less go on national television and act like a fool.

I know these young women need to have finances to raise their babies, but how does MTV go about picking the lucky three or four women out of how many teens who get pregnant year after year?

#44 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hmm I have to disagree. I know quite a few girls who became pregnant during their teen years and their story/drama is actually quite similar to most of these girls lives. You may have felt embarrassed to show up at school, but at least where I grew up, teen pregnancy was quite common and no one was really shamed for it. I'm not saying that this isn't a bad thing, but it definitely isn't the "Scarlet Letter" type of thing it used to be way back in the day. At my high school, one of the prettiest and most popular cheerleaders became pregnant her junior year. Everyone loved her for it and was constantly cooing over her growing belly and asking her questions about the baby. When the baby came, she would bring it by the school sometimes and everyone would go nuts over it. There was no shame at all.

Should she have waited? Probably. But that was her life path and it isn't anyone's business to judge her for it, in my opinion. The same goes for the moms on the show. Does it really matter? If Leah wants to be a mother of 4 or whatever and she started at 16 versus 25, what does that matter? My good friend had twin boys at age 16, similar to Leah's situation. She's now a successful career woman with 4 happy, nearly-grown kids. Her life is just fine.

I'm not saying that waiting isn't ideal, I'm just saying that when something is meant to be, it's meant to be. People's lives work out either way and having a baby is never a tragedy.

#45 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Sad about Leah's miscarriage. :( But it's probably for the best since she seems so iffy about Jeremy now.

#46 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

She's a teenager. She's iffy about everyone. Anyways, I'll bet most of these girls will be pregnant again with children and no real way to support them by ages 21-25. Things only get crazier when you hit that legal age of drinking, clubbing, and driving. 

#47 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I liked 16 & Pregnant more than Teen Mom. I felt like the 16 & Pregnant was more interesting/dramatic. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoy these shows. They are very interesting to watch. I wish Netflix would get 16 & Pregnant though.... They have Teen Mom, but not the other one. <_<

I have to agree with this. 16 and Pregnant brought the drama, thus was a lot more entertaining for me to watch. All the shows are great, but of course people are going to have hteir favorites lol.

#48 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I missed the part about the show being cancelled because of Jenelle. She must have gotten into trouble again since the current season was filmed, because she's been doing great all this season. What exactly is the problem?

Edit-- Okay I did some googling. I haven't been reading the tabloids lately and had no idea she had gotten married to some dude and all this other stuff. I hope they don't cancel the show. My boyfriend watches it with me and he says Jenelle is the only one of the girls whose story he finds interesting... I don't agree, but it seems that a lot of people feel that way.

Edited by MarlineAlcott, 16 March 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#49 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Janelle’s storyline is so out of control, literally to the point where she shouldn’t be on the show anymore. It is just sad to see and not something I even want to be entertained by. She needs a lot of help.

On a positive note, I really hope Chelsea is finally seeing how terrible of a person Adam is. I think this whole situation will finally make her move on for good.

As for Leah, I really don’t think she deserves Jeremy. Nonetheless, he is good for the girls. 

#50 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

It made me borderline sick how easily Jeremy took Leah back. I was like, are you kidding me? I'm not saying he shouldn't have forgiven her but he should have made her work for it a little. It's ridiculous how passive that dude is. I can't imagine watching someone waver between me and another person, decide on the other person, then come back to me when the other person doesn't work out and then take her back and get married... I mean hello? Isn't he scared that she's going to do the exact same thing again?

It was difficult for me to watch the ep where Jenelle gets beat up by her boyfriend. And then seeing her immediately call Keifer afterwards and cry to him. That dude Gary basically ruined his life by being on this show. All of America knows he beat up a girl now. Really shitty to take her weed to the cops after he knew all she'd been through finally getting off probation, I mean that is just low. Now I guess she'll be in more trouble. So stupid.

#51 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

These people all get what they deserve. Just be glad your son or daughter isn't dating one of them!

#52 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I worry she will still go back to Gary, because she never seems to learn. At this rate, she will never get custody of her son. She just seems unable to take care of herself. It is extremely sad to watch.

I also can’t believe Jeremy went back to Leah, at least that quickly. I was never a huge fan of hers to begin with, but the way she treated him made me strongly dislike her. But I think he seems like such a good guy, which is difficult to find on this show.

#53 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

You do realize these people have hardly any options though right? When you're a teenager, with no job, no real income, no ability to travel, and no resources other than what mommy and daddy provide you. You'll keep breaking up and then getting back together with the same person multiple times. I doubt either of these couples will still be together when their lives REALLY begin.

#54 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

That isn’t really the case on Teen Mom 2 anymore though. They all had their babies while they were teenagers obviously, but now most of the cast are in their early 20s. None of them live at home anymore. Some of the cast do have jobs and also go to school. They are also getting paid to be on the show. So they are bringing in some sort of income, no matter how small or big. Therefore, none of them have to depend on their boyfriends or baby's father to take care of them.

#55 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Paid before taxes on an MTV show? Probably like $1,000 at most. I know actors who do indie films and get nothing but $400 out of it. Hardly enough to live off of. Especially when you have, like....a baby to feed. I'm pretty sure the cast of Jersey Shore could because outside of Snooki, no one has children. But when you have a mouth or two to feed, $500 from MTV and a minimum wage job won't do it. 

#56 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

I would be pretty surprised if they don’t make more than that, at least on the Teen Mom franchise. 16 & Pregnant is a different story as they are only featured in a single episode. Nonetheless, I think most MTV shows are a much larger scale project than just indie status. I know Teen Mom does extremely well for them ratings-wise. These girls are re-current and probably get paid more with each season. I know it certainly isn’t an amount to live off of, and that’s why they pursue school and work.

#57 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

You also should realize these shows have producers who work for MTV. They are skilled in the art of squeezing as much as possible from an employee and not paying top dollar for their talent. I am sure these kids are being stiffed somehow financially.

#58 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

I know the producers aren’t going to be generous by any means, but I think they must make a reasonable sum of money. There is no way of knowing the accuracy of these figures, but supposedly the Teen Mom cast makes around $60,000 for a season. The ratings are very strong for Teen Mom 2 and they might make a fifth season with these girls. They have to compensate them reasonably enough to entice them to continue to do it. They are also making a Teen Mom 3, but those girls are probably make significantly less since it will be the premiere season.

#59 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Teen Mom 3? The exploitation continues eh? Oh well. I just hope these people can piece their lives back together at some point when their 15 minutes of fame are up.

#60 Kementarri

Kementarri

Cordial

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

I think the story that I was mostly enthralled by was Leah's. I enjoy watching her be there for her children, especially the little one that needs splints. I think it is crazy that she wavered between Corey and Jeremy, especially since the entire divorce with Corey. I mean, I know that they both were all weird about the divorce after almost like they both thought it was a mistake, but I mean seriously... that girl needs to stick with one man and make her mind up for the sake of her children. As for her miscarriage, I think it was for the best as horrible as that seems, because she was so on and off with Jeremy. 

Jenelle just needs to be sent off the show. Enough already with her insane drama filled life. She cannot seem to get her story straight, and it really is out of control. 

I was so sad when Chelsea's dog got ...torn apart shall I say. I am glad she moved, I wouldn't want my child near my neighbours if they had a dog like that. Although it was pretty silly of her to let her dog out without a leash. Plus I really hope Adam stays out of her life... they just aren't a good match. 

As for the money part of everything, I believe they get paid quite a bit. 

I am glad they are making a 3rd Teen Mom, because as far as the show goes, it is quite entertaining.