• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I wasn't sure what I thought of Scandal after I saw the first episode, but I have to admit it is kind of growing on me.

I think part of the problem with the first episode was that there were too many characters thrown at us. It seemed like it was easier to figure out who was who on the second episode.

I was wondering if anyone else is watching and what your thoughts are?

#2 vivi

vivi

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

I think this is such a smart and sassy show. Very few of us will get a glimpse into the social elite of Washington, D.C., which by all accounts is just as cliquish and back stabbing as high school. I love the way this show chops up time, and throws us into scenes where we are scrambling to make sense of the players. This is a show that asks the viewer to work a little and is a challenge to our normal couch potato sensibilities. I loved the last scene of the last episode and cannot wait to figure out why they are all in the room together.

#3 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I just heard about Scandal within the past two weeks. Kerry Washington is ok. I've heard its growing in popularity but other than that in terms of substance, I haven't heard rave reviews.

#4 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Kerry Washington is better than okay. She is brilliant on Scandal, and she and the guy that play Fitz are scotching hot

I had it on as background noise after the last episode of Grey's and I got sucked into it. I've watched the first 4 episodes plus, the flashback epi from last week. There is enough intrigue to keep me interested. I want to know more about Olivia's misfits. How did she acquire them and why. Huck is the most damaged of the lot. I want to know why Olivia finds him redeemable. Mouthy Abby is good to offset all the "yes sirs" Harris is just the best company man there ever was and I like the friendship between Stephan and Olivia

Although they are central to the series, I can live without Fitz and Olivia. I love how he is hopelessly in love with her but he needs to man up and the the POUS

Even presidents need their fix. Heh

#5 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have tried to get into Scandal because its from the same creator of Grey's Anatomy which is one of my favorite shows. But, to be honest I found it really hard to like, especially the characters. I am suppose to root for Olivia and Fitz to be together. How am I suppose to do this when I find Fitz to be a total slime ball. He was carrying on with this young girl behind his wife's back. Now he's carrying on with Olivia. I want to know how dumb Olivia actually is she knew all about the other affair,and Fitz's little cover up but that didn't stop her from getting involved with him herself. I don't care how drawn I am to someone if I know they are no good I'm not going to get involved with them. I know people think Fitz and Olivia have chemistry, but for me chemistry isn't everything. I really don't like the types who think they can have their cake and eat it too, which is exactly who Fitz is.

#6 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

What I like about Scandal is how fierce Olivia is. She means business and she gets the job done. The world of politics is anything but glamorous and public image and private life seldom match up. I'm not sure how I feel about the various characters and their relationships. The president's wife is a real piece of work, but it seems like just about everyone in this group of puppets and puppet masters is damaged in some way.

#7 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

I love Millie! I love that she doesn't GAF that Fitz is in love with Olivia. She does care how his behavior impacts the presidency and her place as the First Lady

The thing I like about all the characters is that none of them are good people. To Olivia the end justifies the means and her team follows her example. Her way of making amends is by taking in the Harrisons and Hucks of the world and giving them a new start

I am looking forward to the fallout of the shooting. The evidence is damning and damn near non reputable but there is no way Huck shot the president. Olivia and the Gladiators will move heaven and earth to prove his innocence. Psyched for for the arc

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Whoa Harrison. I had no idea you were so commanding. Keep it up and I might change my avatar

Huck was set up. It is up to Olivia to figure out how to get him out of it. After she gets that constipated look from her face lol

#9 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

It is up to Olivia to figure out how to get him out of it. After she gets that constipated look from her face lol

Yeah, what's up with that? LOL! I don't really know Kerry Washington as an actress. I'd have to have a body of work to compare her performances to see how much she is putting into Olivia, so I don't have much to say other than the show certainly keeps it's audience enthralled and anxious to see what will happen next.

#10 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I am kinda obsessed with this show. That said, I've watched some scenes over and over. Sadly Kerry Washington is not holding up well under my scrutiny. I've noticed quirks I hadn't seen before. But the tics do not take away from her performance, they have become part of the character for me. She does some things with her lips that I don't like but it is an Olivia thing. I can deal

I want to talk about James and Adam though. They are playing with fire and I will not feel bad if something bad happens to one of them. Olivia have tried to run interference with David but the guy is like a dog with a bone. He doesn't know when to live things alone

There is being a responsible citizen and there is being bullheaded. IMO,they are being the latter. Adam maybe has a morale high ground but James' interest in Deviance is self-serving. I am sure he has thought about what this will mean for the Administration if he blows the whistle but his career takes precedence over all other relationships. He doesn't care that the Administration is already teetering on the edge or what it'll mean for Cyrus who happens to be the man he is planning to have babies with, the President's bestfriend and his Chief of Staff. I know Cyrus is a murdering bastard but Adam is suppose to be one of the good guys. He doesn't have to ask Cyrus directly because he won't get any confirmation there, but I still feel like he owns it to him as this could ruin everything his worked for.

The real test will come when they uncover whatever happened at Defiance and who was involved. I want their investigation to go on because I want to know exactly who knew the voting machine had been tempered with before the fact. We know Millie, Olivia, Hollis, Cyrus and Verna are aware but when did they find out and how involved were they?

So many questions. I hate breaks

#11 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

I am kinda obsessed with this show.

I want to talk about James and Adam though. They are playing with fire and I will not feel bad if something bad happens to one of them. Olivia have tried to run interference with David but the guy is like a dog with a bone. He doesn't know when to live things alone

Adam maybe has a morale high ground but James' interest in Deviance is self-serving... He doesn't care that the Administration is already teetering on the edge or what it'll mean for Cyrus...

The real test will come when they uncover whatever happened at Defiance and who was involved...

So many questions. I hate breaks

Wow! You really are into the show. I've seen it a few times and I don't even know who all of those people are, lol!

I don't like the first lady; I don't care what the situation is, I have no sympathy for her. I find the portrayal of Cyrus' marriage interesting for primetime TV. Olivia's little army is interesting as well, but I'm going to have to set aside some time and go through several episodes so I can get up to speed.

I hate breaks too, lol.

#12 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

TV has spoilers for several shows including Scandal

SCANDAL
Spoiler

#13 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Looks like they're gonna steam things up with the interracial thing when "Scandal" returns in a few days. It'll be interesting to see how that's handled. And the audiences reaction to it.

#14 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Looks like they're gonna steam things up with the interracial thing when "Scandal" returns in a few days. It'll be interesting to see how that's handled. And the audiences reaction to it.

Can you please elaborate on this?

#15 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

What's going to be so interesting about that? It's been a long time since "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner." It's probably more provoking in this decade to have storylines about openly gay couples that share affection on screen.

#16 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Can you please elaborate on this?

ABC is a family friendly network. So an interracial romance involving Kerry Washington's character will undoubtedly draw criticism from the conservative family groups. Especially with all of this talk about censoring television sex and violence because it's apparently making mass-shooting killers out of our young people. Even though I STRONGLY disagree with that opinion. Many morons think it's true.

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

The interracial romance haven't generated any criticism so far. And its been airing for months, nothing is going to change in the coming episodes so I don't understand the point you are trying to make NickJ

A family friendly network's audience wouldn't have an issue with an interracial romance, a racist' audience would. As far as I can see, there's no uproars or any such negativity like you suggest

On the contrary, the ratings for the show is getting higher as news of how great a show it is spreads

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

You guys should be watching the 2 back to back episodes airing right now.

I'll fill in the blanks for first time watchers

#19 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I think I am going to marathon this weekend. 16 episodes should be a piece of cake. Housework is overrated

I couldn't resist between the post and this thread

#20 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

This song reminds me of Fits and Olivia

I think I am going to marathon this weekend. 16 episodes should be a piece of cake. Housework is overrated

I couldn't resist between the post and this thread

Come back when you do watch