• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#261 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

Wow, this week's episode.  The story of the woman writing about her sexual encounters with everyone - then Olivia finding out that it was really about one man who had used her, then blackballed her so she couldn't get another job.  When Huck finds out that David Rosen is one of the men in the book, and that David's career will be ruined if the truth comes out - that would mean that Huck won't get immunity and he won't be able to go back to his wife.  Of course, Olivia figures out a way to solve the problem so the book doesn't come out.  Just when you think it's a happy ending for everyone - David, Abby (who had two lovers in the book) and most of all, Huck - we see Huck kill the woman, because he says, "They always talk".  He's afraid that she'll publish her book anyway.  I really love Huck's character - the way they portray him as flawed and in pain.  But this was one step too far.  I hope they don't continue his charater down this dark path - we love Huck because deep down, even though he's been through hell, he's a good guy.  Please don't let him become a bad guy.

#262 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

I had a feeling something was going to happen to her.  I really hope that was his last kill.  And I definitely dont trust Quinn and Charlie to NOT do anything to his wife.

#263 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

That was a rough episode. It was really good, but it was hard to watch.

Huck always makes me want to cry, but this time, I actually had some tears in my eyes. Funny how an actor can play a part so well that you want to cry for him. Great job.

Quinn and Charlie are pretty scary. I hope they don't hurt Huck's family. That will be game over.

I was glad Olivia basically told Fitz to get lost. I don't like him at all any more. Go Jake!

I hate that Fitz and Jake just sit in the oval talking about Olivia's day to day life over whiskey or scotch or whatever. It feels so creepy and controlling. That's NOT the way to treat someone whom you supposedly love.

#264 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

It IS kind of creepy but it's because she's pushed them away I guess.  The only two people that feel they can help her.  Although I dont know how well an eye Jake is keeping on her if he doesnt know she was with that hottie.  LOL

#265 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Now, I'm not a black American (not American at all) so I don't really see what her being black and in love with a white President has anything to do with anything. If she were white or he black, my opinion would still be the same. 

I do enjoy watching strong black women on TV shows, but not every black woman has to be a "strong" female character. Olivia is a woman with weaknesses. If she simply struggled with her feelings and never did anything, she'd become more of a Mary Sue type character for me

Well, there you go. Without that frame of reference you have no way to know what that character represents in the "American" culture at large, let alone in modern pop culture. While every black woman character on TV may not have to be strong in your eyes, Black women do have to be strong in real life so, again, there you go...

#266 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

It IS kind of creepy but it's because she's pushed them away I guess.  The only two people that feel they can help her.  Although I dont know how well an eye Jake is keeping on her if he doesnt know she was with that hottie.  LOL

Ha! That's what I was thinking. Someone wasn't watching too closely, since she picked up tall, dark, and handsome, and took him home with her and they had no clue. 

She and the stranger make an attractive couple, and she could use a new man anyway. Fitz isn't good for her. I liked Jake before, but I don't like him conspiring with Fitz.

#267 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

Now, I'm not a black American (not American at all) so I don't really see what her being black and in love with a white President has anything to do with anything. If she were white or he black, my opinion would still be the same. 

I do enjoy watching strong black women on TV shows, but not every black woman has to be a "strong" female character. Olivia is a woman with weaknesses. If she simply struggled with her feelings and never did anything, she'd become more of a Mary Sue type character for me

Well, there you go. Without that frame of reference you have no way to know what that character represents in the "American" culture at large, let alone in modern pop culture. While every black woman character on TV may not have to be strong in your eyes, Black women do have to be strong in real life so, again, there you go...

So you're saying that LITERALLY EVERY BLACK WOMAN has to be strong? Because no black family is wealthy and there are no spoiled black people whatsoever? Yep, okay. I like strong female characters, don't get me wrong, I do. I love Viola Davis' character in HTGAWM, and I love that Shonda Rhimes shows address the problems that minorities face in America, but man, people get all mad about Olivia because she's weak when it comes to Fitz, yet nobody commends her on being such a badass in the first place. She's not a robot.

#268 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

So you're saying that LITERALLY EVERY BLACK WOMAN has to be strong? Because no black family is wealthy and there are no spoiled black people whatsoever? Yep, okay. I like strong female characters, don't get me wrong, I do. I love Viola Davis' character in HTGAWM, and I love that Shonda Rhimes shows address the problems that minorities face in America, but man, people get all mad about Olivia because she's weak when it comes to Fitz, yet nobody commends her on being such a badass in the first place. She's not a robot.

Exactly.  I think EVERY woman (black, white, brown, yellow, green) should be shown as strong.  BUT, being strong does not mean not showing weakness.  Being strong means being okay with showing weakness when you're weak, but getting back up to do what you need to do.  Like, in THIS case, Olivia needs to cut her BS and go to Vermont with Fitz.  I love the beach with Jake, but no matter what happens her heart keeps going back to Fitz.  (At least now I understand that freaking ring she tossed at him that night. :lol: That one has been killing me since it happened.)

#269 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Yuck. I don't like her with Fitz, and I don't like the wimp he has become. I also don't agree with them living happily ever after considering all the crap they've put other people through. It was never right. He's a spoiled, whiny, philanderer who was willing to sacrifice the country for her.. that's not love... it's obsession. The whole thing is just twisted. The dude must be a super hero in bed, because otherwise I just don't know what she sees in him.

#270 truditrudzz

truditrudzz

Noob

• 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

I honestly like Mr. President but he needs to stop dragging her along! One minute he wants her and willing to drop everything to go to Vermont, then the next minute he wants to stay with his family! That's just a lot of drama. I liked how when Olivia disappeared she brought Jake with her. She seemed content and relaxed on the island and hey, of course he is going to protect her no doubt. It drove Fitz nuts when he found out. I just hate that the next episode is making Jake out to be the bad guy. All he ever did was love her but she is too caught up in her head about what could be with Fitz. I actually do like Jake for her but in truth, it seems like she will never end up with any of these men. 

#271 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

What about Cyrus's wedding?  Does anyone else understand why Michael's infidelity meant that he and Cyrus had to get married?  Maybe I don't understand politics, but what's so wrong about Cyrus breaking up with Michael?  They could have spun it, and actually gotten a little sympathy.  Instead, they have a "shock gun" wedding?

I love this show, but don't the male characters in it seem really off-base and weak?  I love a strong female characters, but does that mean the men have to be idiots - who do nothing but mope around and whine when things go wrong - and wait for the women to save them?  Come on, it's OK for both the women and the men to be intelligent, strong characters.  I know the show has nothing to do with reality, but couldn't it be a little more realistic?

#272 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

What happened was that Cyrus got caught with the hooker and so it wouldn're reflect badly on the administration they spinned it to be like Pretty Woman, that in the end they fell in love and were engaged.  Michael's "punishment" for lying and trying to screw Cyrus' career and whatnot was to pretend to be engaged.  I dont remember if it was supposed to be for a certain amount of time and he'd get paid but he had to stick to the story.  Him being with someone else meant he wasn't holding up his part of the contract.  So, if it was known that he really WAS with the guy then it wouldve come to light that it was all a sham and it wouldnt be good for any of them (them being the politics people).  Especially with Sally gunning for them.

At one point I felt bad for Michael but then realized this all happened because he decided to lie to someone just to ruin their career so the I was like whatever.  Karma.  But I did feel bad when his parents came to visit.  As soon as he was almost begging for them to do it without his parents I knew that wasn't going to be pretty.

#273 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

I thought it was stupid that they decided they needed to get married, and play off his cheating as antics of a bachelor party. They should have just had Cyrus leave him, but then they couldn't show his stupid parents. Now, Cyrus actually feels for him, even if he doesn't *have* feelings for him. I suspect it will be a predictable story, and now they will indeed fall in love.

I don't see how Sally thinks she can come after them. I'm pretty sure she killed her husband for being gay and Cyrus helped her cover it up. Were we just supposed to forget all of that?

The B613 story isn't as exciting as I would have liked it to be. Jake seemed to be going over the edge, but secretly, he's still the good guy. If Rosen says "white hats" one more time... ugh.

#274 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

What about Cyrus's wedding?  Does anyone else understand why Michael's infidelity meant that he and Cyrus had to get married?  Maybe I don't understand politics, but what's so wrong about Cyrus breaking up with Michael?  They could have spun it, and actually gotten a little sympathy.  Instead, they have a "shock gun" wedding?

I love this show, but don't the male characters in it seem really off-base and weak?  I love a strong female characters, but does that mean the men have to be idiots - who do nothing but mope around and whine when things go wrong - and wait for the women to save them?  Come on, it's OK for both the women and the men to be intelligent, strong characters.  I know the show has nothing to do with reality, but couldn't it be a little more realistic?

You make a good point, most of the male characters on this show or deeply flawed and damaged in some way. They appear to be waiting for some woman to come in and  fix everything.Look at Hucks wife ,she ran in to save the day and try to bring down the evil B1613. Huck seemed unable to sit her down and make her understand the danger of what she was doing. 

#275 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

You make a good point, most of the male characters on this show or deeply flawed and damaged in some way. They appear to be waiting for some woman to come in and  fix everything.Look at Hucks wife ,she ran in to save the day and try to bring down the evil B1613. Huck seemed unable to sit her down and make her understand the danger of what she was doing. 

I didn't see the male characters as weak though...Yes Fitz is a crybaby but Cyrus, Huck, Jake and David are all fully capable. Cyrus rigged the election AND almost had his husband murdered. Jake was command. Huck is...well, Huck and David is the attorney general. 

#276 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

I'm glad to see that Jake hasn't gone over the edge.  In the trailers, they show him talking to Huck and saying something about killing Olivia if they come after him.  It made it look like he had finally lost it.  But after watching the episode, you realize he's trying to protect Olivia from her Dad.  Yes, her Dad is back.  Not sure if I really like him, the actor who plays him - but I realize the show needs a "bad guy" to bring everyone together.  And his character makes a great bad guy.  I know it won't happen, but I'd love for Olivia to see that Jake is the better choice - way better for her than Fitz.  That Jake is strong, loyal and principaled - not a wishy-washy, crybaby like Fitz is.