• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

So looking forward to this tonight. I think Emanda needs to be single for awhile. Daniel and Jack are great in different ways, but she just needs some Emanda time to get herself together. Maybe get to know her sister a little bit. Daniel wont be able to keep up with her and Jack wont like her revenge stuff, so I'd put them both on the back burner. And I do like Amily with Jack. At least for right now.

I love Nolan. He's awesome.

It's gonna be so hard not to come here before it airs on west coast time. Seriously, west coast TV time is a bummer. On the other hand, I laid out in the sun today and worked on my tan, so I guess it's a trade off.

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think the hiatus hurt this episode a bit. It took some of the intensity and drive.

That said, I did enjoy it a lot. I was glad that Declan protected Jack. After what happened with his Dad, I can't imagine him choosing another option. I felt for Charlotte. At her age, in her condition, I don't think I'd have seen what Declan did as anything but betrayal either. But man, did her mother and father fail her. You find out your kid is popping pills like Pez and you smack her and blame her for everything? Great parenting there, Victoria. And Conrad was no better, just standing there.

Speaking of Victoria, damn that scene with the artist lover was hot! She should go visit that guy more often, maybe she wouldn't be such an ice queen bitch.

Emanda got to protect both Jack and Daniel in this episode, keeping both groups somewhat happy. She totally kicked ass at the end and I agree with DareDevil that she looks great as a brunette. I like the blonde too but that wig really flattered her. I loved her kicking butt, but I enjoyed her manipulation of the writer guy. Well done.

Nolan continues to be the best friend to everyone he cares about. I love his character.

I hope the next five episodes amp up the intensity and urgency of the situation. I have a huge feeling Daniel's going to annoy the hell out of me next week. It's a good thing he's pretty (vanilla but still not bad on the eyes).

#3 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

It's back, finally!

Posted Image

"Revenge" is back! With six new episodes left in the first season (beginning Wed., Apr. 18, 10 p.m. ET on ABC), there are plenty of loose ends to tie up to set things straight amongst the lives of the Hamptons elite. But remembering all that has happened to them so far will make your head spin.

Our handy infographic might not help quell the dizziness, but it does document every single relationship on the show so far -- friends and enemies, family members and surprise half-siblings, lawyers, therapists and wardens ... we've charted them all. And the graph wouldn't be complete without keeping track of all the murders, attempted murders, partners in crime and plots for revenge so far, too -- all of which are color-coded for ease. More of A Roadmap Of All The Show's Relationships, Love Triangles And Revenging So Far

#4 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thank you for the thread.

I have forgotten most of what happened so I need to brush up before 10pm tonight, it was a long break! I have nothing else on Wednesdays nights now that HE is over so it is doable. I hope the episodes will be back to back till the finale.

Anyway, I hope Amily is alive and well, I'd like to see her back with myJack, I liked them a lot. I think the show decided to go all out of Emanda/Daniel anyway so my hopes for Jack/Emanda is on hold until further notice

#5 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Here's a video recap.

In this pretty clever video "record," Nolan (Gabriel Mann) catches viewers up on the havoc that's transpired in the Hamptons in the past few weeks -- from David Clark's set up to Daniel being hauled away in handcuffs "and not the fun kind." (Also, Nolan confirms he's team Jack!)

There's also a peek at some of the fun coming up. "What I do know is, things are only going to get more intense," Nolan promises, as we get glimpses of a dreary court and a major confrontation between Daniel (Josh Bowman) and Emily (Emily VanCamp) (Simmer down, Daniel!)

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

The recap episode was good. It was from Emanda's perspective and it was the first time I realized she was using her relationship with Daniel to get back at the Graysons. I've been under the assumption that she really fell in love with Daniel.

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thank you for the recap video. The way Gabriel Mann revealed that Nolan is the only peson Amanda trusts and relies on made it seem like he has some ulterior motive. Maybe it was just Gabriel amping up the suspense but it seemed like he knows something we don't

Who didn't see Amanda and Charlotte connection coming? The anvils were as subtle as a sledgehammer

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Nick Wechsler showed his acting chops tonight. He looked FINE in Jack's getaway attire. Nolan and Emanda's plan worked like a charm. The poor unsuspecting fool, he is like a putty in their hands

I get Jack can't make heads and tails of the situation and is looking answers, his frustrations were painfully evident in his exchange with Nolan at the beginning of the episode. Maybe that is why he set off to look for Amily. Nolan's attempt to placate him with half truths aren't quite cutting it anymore. BTW I think Nolan is crushing hard on Jack or I am projecting. I'll watch a spinoff show of the two of them sailing around the world looking for Amily. Boozing and whoring it up in every port along the way of course

I know people do but I didn't mind Emily VamCamp's face pinching - until tonight. Maybe I noticed it because I have read about it everywhere, I still think she is awesome as Emanda, just not flawless.

Who in the world pays someone to inflict pain on their son? Someone who is hardcore that is who. I was questioning who the guy she fucked on the night her son was beaten ''within an inch of his life" was but then he appeared bare chested and all thoughts flew out of my head. I see another paternity lie reveal in Victoria's future. I am feeling sorrier for Conrad by the minute, by the time QV is done with him, he'll find out he is sterile or something

The Grayson kids were having a really bad. Drugs is not the answer and I understand Victoria is mad by the turn of events but the slap was as unearned as was Daniel's assault. She should have handled both better but Victoria always goes for the jugular - even when her kids are concerned. Daniel at least got released from jail but poor Charlotte is wallowing alone in her misery

GO Emily - don't you mess with her men! That was satisfying end to an awesome premier episode. I miss you show

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

I enjoyed every second of the new episode. Thanks to 2 glasses of wine, I'm too tipsy to give thoughtful feedback tonight.

#10 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I enjoyed every second of the new episode. Thanks to 2 glasses of wine, I'm too tipsy to give thoughtful feedback tonight.

So did I. Solid episode!

I am too sleepy to proof read my post. As usual

#11 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Emanda takes care of her men

Emily Van Camp looks so much better as a brunette than a blond. Emanda should consider a makeover. Tight jeans, dark hair and high heels should be her uniform :ninja

Declan did what he had to do, Charlotte had no problem implicating his brother in a murder case. She didn't expect Declan to go with her story did she? I think she's smarter than that. The Potter boys have to stick together, they can't afford a public lawyer at this point.

#12 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Nolan manning the bar made me so happy

I don't know how I feel about this episode. It wasn't as good as last week's, that much I know. Emanda is slow on the uptake. I don't know, it didn't occur to her that they Greysons had something to do with her father's death? She thinks the worst of them, she should have come to that conclusion by herself a long time ago

The shirt she planted in the guy's car, it won't take forensics long to figure out it was planted.

#13 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I hope the next five episodes amp up the intensity and urgency of the situation. I have a huge feeling Daniel's going to annoy the hell out of me next week. It's a good thing he's pretty (vanilla but still not bad on the eyes).

Danielle is annoying!

I knew I wasn't going to like a murder trail surrounding him. He is not interesting enough to be the center of such a big storyline. Emmanda needs get back to taking people down. I am getting bored

#14 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I didn't read anything in this thread to protect myself from spoilers, so forgive me! I just wanted to find something out.

Fill in the blank: People who like ________ will like Revenge.

Just trying to figure out if it's something I might like.

#15 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I didn't read anything in this thread to protect myself from spoilers, so forgive me! I just wanted to find something out.

I am sorry it was spoiled for you Bonnie. We don't use spoiler tags after the episodes have aired. If we did, every page will be hidden with spoiler tags

People who like soaps will love Revenge. Revenge is a prime time soap. Soapier than other shows like Greys Anatomy, Mad Men etc but better written, acted faster paced than daytime soaps

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

There must be some retcon going on, I hate when shows do that. In the pilot Nolan told Emanda when she was leaving juvenile hall that David died of heart attack two weeks prior. Last night Emanda said he was knifed.

Conrad and Victoria are more alike than they aren't. He ordered an innocent man's death and she made sure his daughter was stuck in juvie all through her childhood. Emanda should make them suffer, I don't care about collateral damage. Best case scenario, Daniel will be casualty number one

#17 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Conrad and Victoria are more alike than they aren't. He ordered an innocent man's death and she made sure his daughter was stuck in juvie all through her childhood. Emanda should make them suffer, I don't care about collateral damage. Best case scenario, Daniel will be casualty number one

David Clark would agree.

Daniel was insufferable this episode. Daniel being in a constant state of tragedy would be the ultimate Revenge against Victoria and Conrad.

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Daniel was insufferable this episode. Daniel being in a constant state of tragedy would be the ultimate Revenge against Victoria and Conrad.

Emanda is wasting her time with him. Time to find another pawn and cut him loose, he is of no use to her now. If I were Emanda I'll let him rot in jail for the way he spoke to her. He's got some nerves

#19 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

I am sorry it was spoiled for you Bonnie. We don't use spoiler tags after the episodes have aired. If we did, every page will be hidden with spoiler tags

People who like soaps will love Revenge. Revenge is a prime time soap. Soapier than other shows like Greys Anatomy, Mad Men etc but better written, acted faster paced than daytime soaps

Oh no, don't worry about that. Nothing was spoiled, that's why I just scrolled to the end and replied. I knew there might be spoilers, so I didn't peek!

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

#20 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

FWIW I think you should give it a try BonnyC

Nolan's explanation to Jack for how the Grayson's knew where to find the hoodie. There is no way Lee would know where the jacket is, if he was on the beach that night and saw Jack he wouldn't want that jacket anywhere near him. Jack has got to be the biggest idiot in to buy into that load of bull

Victoria is getting her groove on with cutie artist while her children's lives is falling. Fail