• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Anyone follow this comedy? For me it's a guilty pleasure because I must admit, Whitney herself isn't the best actress. She always looks like she's laughing when she says her lines. It has funny enough/unique situations, though, which are what keep me hooked!

#2 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

I watch it. I think it is funny but at the same time I can see myself bumping it from my DVR for something else and catching the episodes on demand or Hulu or something. I think, for whatever reason, Whitney Cummings lets her type and brand of humor out better in 2 Broke Girls than she does with this.

This is a lot of SNL, make a joke and then look at the camera trying to get extra laughs. SNL already manages to not pull it off so I don't need another show to try and do it (especially when it isn't live).

#3 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

I've tried to watch, but maybe I am just coming in too late to be able to follow the series and know what's going on. The promos for the show before it first aired looked really funny, but I never got around to watching it until recently. It just doesn't seem all that funny or all that interesting.

#4 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

She always looks like she's laughing because I think she is. It's filmed in front of a live audience, I think, so they just keep going instead of filming the same scene over and over again when the actors get caught up in the story and laugh at their own jokes.

I agree that she's not the best actress and I'm really shocked that it go renewed. I have no idea why it was really. It's not a good show at all. That being said, I'm still watching at times, so it can't be the worst either, right?

#5 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

I have watched it from time to time, as far as sitcoms go I guess its a decent one. I was surprised to see it back on for another season though. I was under the impression that NBC had cancelled it last season. I also knew that Whitney Cummings now has a program on Bravo, so I actually thought Whitney was officially over. However, I was flipping through the channels the other night and there it was, so I guess NBC changed their mind about the cancellation.

#6 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Oh does she? I hadn't heard about that.

Actually, now that I looked her up, I had no idea that she's been as active in the industry as she has been. She created 2 Broke Girls? I had no idea. I also didn't know that she was the first female comedian to perform in Dubai and Beirut. That's pretty impressive.

#7 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Is this show even still on? I hope it went out the window with Chelsea Handler's new sitcom. All of these shows, I just can't keep up with them. I didn't think either of these shows were that funny.

#8 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Is this show even still on? I hope it went out the window with Chelsea Handler's new sitcom. All of these shows, I just can't keep up with them. I didn't think either of these shows were that funny.

Unfortunately, yes, it's still going.

They are at least still on the air through the rest of the second season which will continue through the end of March. I haven't heard anything about it being renewed for a third season yet.

#9 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Unfortunately, yes, it's still going.

They are at least still on the air through the rest of the second season which will continue through the end of March. I haven't heard anything about it being renewed for a third season yet.

I truly dont get the show. But I didn't get The Big Bang Theory when it came out. It wasn't until I was home sick in bed and nothing else on when I was forced to watch a marathon on tbs. All of a sudden it was halarious. I don't know why. Maybe Whitney will have the same effect on me when the reruns start syndication.

#10 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I truly dont get the show. But I didn't get The Big Bang Theory when it came out. It wasn't until I was home sick in bed and nothing else on when I was forced to watch a marathon on tbs. All of a sudden it was halarious. I don't know why. Maybe Whitney will have the same effect on me when the reruns start syndication.

I don't get the show either, but it doesn't even come close to comparing with The Big Bang Theory. I think shows like Whitney and 2 Broke Girls are trying to recap the Seinfeld days of success with a show about nothing. Big Bang is funny because of the same reason Frasier was funny; it's witty and human and shows its characters in situations the audience can relate to. Call it revenge of the nerds (or success of) if you want, but the BBT is hilarious.

#11 fee8002

fee8002

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

This show was hilarious it's first season, It was one of my favorite comedies to watch on TV, then all of a sudden the comedy was gone and it seemed like they were just trying way to hard. It followed the same path as most comedies do unfortunately. 

#12 ShaneJey22

ShaneJey22

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm a guy and I love this show.

It's really weird because I'm usually into drama and sci-fy kind of shows like dexter and the walking dead but for some reason I enjoy this show, haha.

I don't know if i'm caught up with all the episodes but the last episode I saw was when Whiteney was going to a strip club to find out if her boyfriend had gone to the champange lounge, haha.

Hilarious episode!

Love it and i've seen most of the episodes a couple times.

#13 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

I love Whitney , this show is crazy funny. It is not your traditional sit- com humor , but it the everyday type of thing everyone has experienced. the concept of this show reminds my a lot of Steinfield in not about any one thing. Sadly I hear this show has been canceled.

#14 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

I feel like I should like Whitney because it's not your typical sitcom and some of the situations that happen to her are unusual.

But there are moments on the show that are a little too sad, and dysfunctional and uncomfortable.

I don't like it when they delve into her dark past or her emotional problems too much because I have family drama of my own and I watch sitcoms to cheer myself up, not watch someone else be dysfunctional and haunted by the past.

I prefer Two Broke Girls, because they are always hopeful and optimistic, no matter what happens to them.

#15 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I feel like I should like Whitney because it's not your typical sitcom and some of the situations that happen to her are unusual.

But there are moments on the show that are a little too sad, and dysfunctional and uncomfortable.

I don't like it when they delve into her dark past or her emotional problems too much because I have family drama of my own and I watch sitcoms to cheer myself up, not watch someone else be dysfunctional and haunted by the past.

I prefer Two Broke Girls, because they are always hopeful and optimistic, no matter what happens to them.

I see what you are saying but that was what mad the show great. The laught though the pain factor.Truely dark comedy at times.

#16 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Anyone follow this comedy? For me it's a guilty pleasure because I must admit, Whitney herself isn't the best actress. She always looks like she's laughing when she says her lines. It has funny enough/unique situations, though, which are what keep me hooked!

Ok, I have never heard of this show. It must be a strictly American show, but I haven't even heard or seen anything of it online. but any show where the actress seems like they are laughing - even though serious lines - would have me in stitches lmao! I love to laugh- who doesn't? What is the show actually about though? I know it is a comedy, but what is the background?

#17 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

don't think we need to worry anymore.... its cancelled

#18 ChristinaJCurtin

ChristinaJCurtin

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

I really enjoy watching Whitney. She has to be the best role model for a relationship. I would love to have her relationship with her boyfriend. I like the way she nearly laughs when she says her lines. Its a unique show and I really like it.