• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

This season's Private Practice has been really "ho-hum," but Mason losing his mother really got to me.

Now, I'm wondering is there going to be something wrong with Amelia's baby or was the preview of the next episode just a "teaser?"

#2 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

I used to be and still am a follower of Grey's Anatomy, so when Kate Walsh left the show to be the lead star in Private Practice, I tried to watch the series as well. However, it really didn't get me hooked. I watched the first two seasons I guess then ended there.

#3 toobi

toobi

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

I used to be and still am a follower of Grey's Anatomy, so when Kate Walsh left the show to be the lead star in Private Practice, I tried to watch the series as well. However, it really didn't get me hooked. I watched the first two seasons I guess then ended there.

You did better than I did. I didn't even make it through the entire first season. It had sounded good and the premise is good, but the show falls flat somehow. I blame the writing, as the cast is pretty good overall.

#4 love2watch

love2watch

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

I also am a HUGE fan of Grey's and I really tried to get into this show and just never really could. I just hooked up Hulu again and thought I would give it a try one more time, but now maybe not so much.

#5 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Without spoiling, I will say that the Addison on Grey is not the same woman on Private Practice

#6 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

I tried to get into this show as I liked the characters but just couldn't seem to. I hate that when it happens too. There have been other shows where I liked most of the actors on it but it just didn't click with me.

#7 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

It sounds like this season of Private Practice will be the last. I was very disappointed in last season, so haven't decided whether I will watch or not. I am, however, looking forward to Grey's Anatomy starting again!

#8 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I use to watch Private Practice, I even like it at first. Then they started to put characters together who made zero sense together, such as Pete with Violet, Addison with Sam. Then they killed off Dell, a great character, with great potential, and treated his daughter Rebecca like dirt.

Addison ran around saying she wanted a child, but she didn't want a little girl who lost both her parents, no have to send this kid off to foster care. At this point I had just about enough of Private Practice and the way it was being written, the show just lost all its appeal for me.

#9 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

Let me get this straight, Addison wanted a child and could have adopted an ophan but let them go to foster care instead. There has to be a reason why she couldn't keep the girl

It was hateful of her to be with Sam but if she really did that to little girl who needed a home then yikes. What's did Kate Walsh do to Shonda

#10 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Let me get this straight, Addison wanted a child and could have adopted an ophan but let them go to foster care instead. There has to be a reason why she couldn't keep the girl

It was hateful of her to be with Sam but if she really did that to little girl who needed a home then yikes. What's did Kate Walsh do to Shonda

The only thing I could come up with at the time was Addison allowed Sam to talk her out of it. She did for a little while consider the idea of taking Rebecca in, but Sam was totally against the idea. At that point I really couldn't stand Sam and wondered all the more what Addison saw in this guy if there was anything to begin with.

As I said this plot really turned me off to this show. There were better ways to have ended this episode then putting Rebecca in foster care. For example the clinic's previous owner Naomi Bennett who left the season before found out what happen to Rebecca and decided she wanted to come live with her. The episode could of ended with Rebecca going off to be with Naomi. No, instead we get Dale's daughter thrashed by people who work so hard for and respected.

#11 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I liked the show and the actors were great, however there were things I did not like. I hated the Addi Sam romance and could not understand how Addi would do that to her best friend Naomi let alone that Sam did not want kids. Season 5 for me was good, and I also liked the way they ended it. I am glad that they did not try to go on without Kate Walsh as the show would not have worked without her. The only character I did not like was Violet, while I loved Amy Brenneman in Judging Amy, I did not love Violet. I liked Sam too even though the whole romance with Addi made me hate him a little. When Addison met Jake, I knew from day one when she realised he was her fertility doctor that these two would get together. I still watch the DVD's although I must get the last one.

#12 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

The only thing I could come up with at the time was Addison allowed Sam to talk her out of it. She did for a little while consider the idea of taking Rebecca in, but Sam was totally against the idea. At that point I really couldn't stand Sam and wondered all the more what Addison saw in this guy if there was anything to begin with.

As I said this plot really turned me off to this show. There were better ways to have ended this episode then putting Rebecca in foster care. For example the clinic's previous owner Naomi Bennett who left the season before found out what happen to Rebecca and decided she wanted to come live with her. The episode could of ended with Rebecca going off to be with Naomi. No, instead we get Dale's daughter thrashed by people who work so hard for and respected.

This was a huge issue I had with this show. After everything that Rebbeca's father did for everyone, this is the way the repay him by sending his only child off to foster care. Not one person in this pratice could make room in their heart or home. Then they did not even check in on the child to make sure she was placed in a good home and  the poor girl was mistreated.  That girl was so young and had already ben though so much loosing he mother and not being able to say goodbye  and then her father.

#13 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I gave this show quite a few chances but I could never really get into it. There would be the odd compelling episode and storyline I enjoyed but that is about it. A lot of the relationships annoyed me, especially Addison and Sam. But I thought the series finale was absolutely terrible. It felt so contrived and rushed. I didn’t want Sam to end up with Addison, but it was way too convenient for him to decide to be with Naomi again. Although I enjoyed how much Charlotte resented her pregnancy, I’m still a little disappointed they went the motherhood route with her.  

#14 Jel

Jel

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I do miss this show, but it never did do very well in the ratings. However, I would love to see some of the cast from this show turn up on Grey's Anatomy or Scandal. I am thinking i might get my DVDs out this weekend and watch the early seasons again as it was good in the beginning and I do like how Shonda ended the series. Does anyone here know what happened to Benjamin Bratt in terms of career, what is he doing now, he was so hot, I will watch any show that he is on, I know; shallow. I have a sneaking suspicion were might see Kate Walsh turn up on Grey's Anatomy soon. I really hope that she does anyway because she is great.

#15 Banana

Banana

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Shonda Rhimes is a genius, and this is only one slice of her very successful pie. Of course, I love Grey's Anatomy above all. It was cool to see Addison branch out into alternative medicine, but sad that the show didn't last as long.