• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

30 Rock is a new age comedy gaining popularity . With a whooping 8.1 rating at IMDB and millions of avid viewers, 30 Rock is a hit comedy series .
Revolves around Liz Lemon, who is running a hit TV show and has a whacky crew on hand. Superb acting by Tina Fey (as Liz Lemon).

Who all follow this show and love it ?

#2 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

I've watched it a handful of times and wasn't impressed with it. It's probably because I'm close to 50 and I just don't think the problems plaguing the younger under 40 crowd is anything I can identify with. Only reason why I caught the episodes I did was because of Tina Fey but, her character just wasn't as funny as when she appeared on SNL.

#3 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I've watched it a handful of times and wasn't impressed with it. It's probably because I'm close to 50 and I just don't think the problems plaguing the younger under 40 crowd is anything I can identify with. Only reason why I caught the episodes I did was because of Tina Fey but, her character just wasn't as funny as when she appeared on SNL.

Yee, she is OK in '30 Rock', but isn't that the show directed (or written) by her? I mean I like it more then 'the Office' which I guess is the competition for '30 Rock' but still is missing the edge. It is funny most of the time and I do like the jokes but if it comes to the characters I honestly only like the Tina and Jack McBrayer (for which I always feel sorry that he has to work in such a terrible environment and everyone is taking advantage of him). Jane Krakowski, Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek are a huge disappointment for me tho and I think their characters are to blank in the show.

#4 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

I couldn't agree with you two more. I loved Tina Fey on SNL but I just don't like 30 Rock. I had such high hopes for it when the series first aired but even with all the edgy stars in it, it is dull as dishwater.

#5 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I have only caught a few episodes, and these were always late at night when nothing else was on, but I liked it! I guess 30 made
a boring old lady out of me because I can watch and giggle and eat whatever treat I hid away earlier and be happy as a clam. I do find Jane Krakowski to be a little bit more bitchy and self involved than I'm used to, but I suppose she fits the stigma that we all believe Hollywood actresses fit into anyway, so apparently it works.

#6 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

I enjoyed the show when I would catch it from time to time. Normally I would have been really put off by Alec Baldwin's character on the show, but Tina Fey's really balances him out. While I was sad to hear of it being cancelled, I wouldn't have wanted it to drag on endlessly like Seinfeld did.

#7 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

I agree, I loved the show, but the last season wasn't the strongest (though it picked up towards the end) so I'm glad it ended when it did. Baldwin and Fey were a great team, and the supporting cast was full of talented people. I kind of want Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to do a show together once Parks and Rec wraps.

#8 Banana

Banana

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I have to admit I only started watching it when the final season aired. It got so busy in real life -_- I'm still on the second season, but I'm loving every episode so far. Liz is a character I think we can all relate to, at some point.

#9 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, you have no idea how many times I was "yup, that's me" which is either great or terrible. Probably terrible.

Fair warning; the last season starts of pretty bad, but I think it gets much better at the very end.

#10 almost2

almost2

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

I used to watch every single episode of this. After the first season though, I got a bit busy so I just watch it whenever it's on. The problem with that is I get so confused about what's going on in Liz's life. It's not that big of a deal for me though, I still find the show funny even if I'm not able to "get" some of the inside jokes because of missed episodes.