• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Started watching this show on Comedy Central.. and it is the bomb.

A super cool teen school drama which talks about how this 15 year old girl gains popularity overnight due to an accident.

Its hilarious and cute - both at the same time. Nice cast and a good show to watch while sipping your daily cup of coffee. You wont get bored !

#2 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thank you for the new thread, first time I've heard of this show. Strange for a me

#3 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I'm a total fan of this show and I just love the Matty and Jenna tandem even though I kinda feel sorry for Jake. Have you watched Season 2 yet? I'm afraid I maybe spoiling things for you if I continue. :))

#4 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I have to ask - Team Jake or Team Matty?

I'm Team Jake all the way. Based from the finale, I think Jenna's thinking the same thing...

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm thinking Team Neither at this point. I love the show and I definitely feel bad for her, but I really don't think she deserves either one after all this time and I'm surprised they both still want her! She can't have her cake and eat it too, geesh!

#6 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

You have to watch up to Season 2 guys! Jenna has already chosen and Season 3 looks promising. I think there will be another guy introduced. :)

#7 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

You have to watch up to Season 2 guys! Jenna has already chosen and Season 3 looks promising. I think there will be another guy introduced. :)

Do you think Jenna is satisfied with her choice? I'm a bit sure that she isn't, especially when she sees the parallel between Matty, Jake and her mom's two lovers (the ex and Jenna's dad.)

#8 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Do you think Jenna is satisfied with her choice? I'm a bit sure that she isn't, especially when she sees the parallel between Matty, Jake and her mom's two lovers (the ex and Jenna's dad.)

I think she's also not satisfied with her choice. I'm pretty sure she'll regret it and then another guy comes along. It's the same for all this dramas but let's see. :)

#9 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

I hope I am not the only one still keeping up with this show.  Last night's shocker at the end of the episode was really good. :o   I do not know where they are going with this season, but I think they will have Jenna and Matty obviously break up, and she'll go through an identity crisis.  Then, it seems she is going to become friends with Matty (only friends) to really get to know one another instead of rushing back into a relationship.  I do not like at times the direction they keep heading in for the character of Jenna, but the actress does a great job with the material thrown at her.

#10 Kratos

Kratos

Cordial

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

I believe the same thing: Jenna and Matty will break up, and they will probably reconnect the next season. The show creators always have good ideas to keep the fans entertained and the show is getting better and better.

#11 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

I completely agree that the writing is great.  Val was so hilarious in this episode.  Did you see Sadie is probably going to be dating the guy that was her childhood rival's brother (trophy episode)?  I am so glad they are not going the Sadie and Matty route.  I think they realized that wasn't going to work when no one wanted them in Season 2.  

I hope they give more conflict to Tamara and Jake.  I am happy he finally found someone that loves him back, but they are irritating for the most part.  They need to see if they can take that down a notch with some conflict.  That honeymoon stage should be about worn off by now.

#12 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Haven't watched this yet, I really want to though, but I'm afraid it will suck, well...? will it? honestly now...

#13 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Haven't watched this yet, I really want to though, but I'm afraid it will suck, well...? will it? honestly now...

Depends on what you like. This is definitely aimed at a younger audience (high school, college, young adult), so if you don't want to watch drama of the high school/college crowd, then you're not going to like this. 

If you like to see what unfolds in someone else's life and laugh at all their mistakes, then you might enjoy this one. :) 

#14 aimerz

aimerz

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

I totally thought this show was going to be so stupid when I first heard about it. But, after I fianally watched a few episodes, I ended up really enjoying it. I think its awesome how an "underdog" like Jenna ended up so popular. But even though she is now popular, she still makes a lot of mistakes and isn't perfect. No one is. It's fun to see what kinds of situations her and her friends get in and how she overcomes them. My favorite characters would have to be Jennas mom, the guidance counselor and Jennas moms best friend, the alcoholic. They end up acting more immature then the actual teenagers in this show.

Edited by aimerz, 12 August 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#15 Misslisa

Misslisa

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

I am going on 40 years old, and I absolutly love this show! it has the right amount of everything that a person look for in a comedy! The writers does an excellent job with the story ines each season. I can;t wait until it come back for it's next season!

#16 tabee

tabee

Friendly

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

I'm in my mid-thirties and I find myself enjoying this show very much! I truly like the dynamics among Jenna and her friends. I especially like her friend Ming and her super weird interaction with her boyfriend.

The guidance counselor is hands down hilarious! I cant think of the show without her in it. 

As for Matty - I really don't care much for him.

Another thing that I love about the show is Jenna's parents. They are really some kind of a couple. Her mom is awesome in a ridiculous way.

#17 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:35 AM

I am going on 40 years old, and I absolutly love this show! it has the right amount of everything that a person look for in a comedy! The writers does an excellent job with the story ines each season. I can;t wait until it come back for it's next season!

I'm almost 30 and truly enjoy the show!   My friend who is a few years older than me also likes the show, I think  we love the dynamics between the characters, plus the situations portrayed in the show are very adult!  It's like the makers of this TV show aren't afraid of showing things the way they actually are between teenagers these days.  It's so cool!