• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Is anyone else still watching Days of Our Lives? I can't believe they brought back the "Princess Gina and The Pawn" storyline.

It seems like every time Bo and Hope are happy, the writers have to mess their storyline up again.

#2 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

I stopped watching a long time ago but I heard the actors that play Bo and Hope were fired. Was it just a rumor or did they hire them back?

#3 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

I started watching DOOL when I was about 8 years old. That was back in the day when we had only four channels and all that was on in the middle of the day were soaps! I finally stopped watching when I was about 32 (7 years ago) and although I have missed it now and then, I haven't gone back. I do see commercials occasionally and it cracks me up to see Stefano, Kate, Sammy, Nicole, and the rest of them still up to their same old antics in Salem. Some things never change!

#4 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

I watched Days when I was a kid with my mom and Grandmother. I watched it when I was in college too. When I went to work I had to stop watching it. I was able to DVR Days about 3 years ago. I watched a couple of episodes and then just stopped. It really was my favorite soap when I was a kid. It is the only one still on that I watched. I also watched Another World and Santa Barbara.

#5 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

CSINY, I watched Another World and Santa Barbara too!! I was so sad when they went off the air! For many years, the NBC soap line up was the best, in my opinion.

#6 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

I started watching DOOL when I was about 8 years old. That was back in the day when we had only four channels and all that was on in the middle of the day were soaps! I finally stopped watching when I was about 32 (7 years ago) and although I have missed it now and then, I haven't gone back. I do see commercials occasionally and it cracks me up to see Stefano, Kate, Sammy, Nicole, and the rest of them still up to their same old antics in Salem. Some things never change!

I started watching "Days of Our Lives" when I was a teenager. I'd forgotten all about this soap opera and never watched it over the past twenty years. Can you believe I remember when Julie was a teen and had gotten pregnant by someone whose name, I think, was David. Back then, teen pregnancy was the ultimate in sins and something our mothers didn't discuss with us. This was some racy stuff at the time. Think of "Father Knows Best," "The Donna Reed Show," and "Ozzie and Harriet" as our usual television programs. Are Julie and Doug even still around? I've forgotten their real names.

#7 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

I started watching "Days of Our Lives" when I was a teenager. I'd forgotten all about this soap opera and never watched it over the past twenty years. Can you believe I remember when Julie was a teen and had gotten pregnant by someone whose name, I think, was David. Back then, teen pregnancy was the ultimate in sins and something our mothers didn't discuss with us. This was some racy stuff at the time. Think of "Father Knows Best," "The Donna Reed Show," and "Ozzie and Harriet" as our usual television programs. Are Julie and Doug even still around? I've forgotten their real names.

I remember Doug and Julie! I'm not sure if they still make appearances on the show though. Did you know they are married in real life?

#8 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Doug and Julie are married in real life? I did not know that. Sweet! I really need to DVR it again to see what is happening. I wonder if they will ever bring Kimmy back. Did Shane die or could he come back too?

#9 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

I used to watch this show too, for many years. If they would make the story lines a certain length, like maybe two or three months and not drag them out for so long, I might consider watching again.

#10 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

I was watching Days for awhile, but I had to stop watching again when the new writing regime came in. The first thing they did was kill off a beloved character like Jack, then revise the garbage known as Jennifer and Daniel (do these two have any fans, please point them out to me).

Then for an encore they decided to have Nicole miscarry yet another child she so desperately wanted. I hated all of these new plot devices, so I decided to go back to watching General Hospital since they were starting to shake up their canvas bringing back a whole lot of vets and using more characters then they had been in recent years.

I have always loved Days at different times in my life since I was a teenager, but there have been times like right now where I had to just stop watching because I couldn't take the story direction.

#11 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I used to watch Days of Our Lives when I was in middle school and stuck around for the Princess Gina/Bo story arc, but I soon stopped watching after that, as Passions was a hit at the time and I was watching it far more along with Young & the Restless. Today, I very rarely watch soap operas,  though. The storylines do indeed drag out way too much, going on for years and years and showcasing many of the same things in a repeat cycle featuring most of the exact same characters.

#12 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

I see no one touches this thread, so I'll be the first to try to reignite it.  Basically, this and GH are all I watch now, and Days really has improved a lot for me.  I thought the Kristen storyline was controversial but acted out beautifully by the actors who were involved.  I think one of my favorite parts was using Victor again.  If you haven't seen these scenes, I suggest looking them up. The whole reveal in the church was shocking and hilarious at the same time.  :lol: 

I'm sad Eileen is leaving for a while, but I do think Kris will be back with a baby with her.  Because as we all know, those who are barren are not barren forever generally on soaps, and I think she's going to be back with a baby.  I think it would open a new dynamic for the character as well.

My favorite part of Days for the past seven years has been Ejami though.  I adore James and Ali together.  They are my last big time couple in daytime, and they are just so good together.

So Days fans come out of hiding, and let's start dishing this show again.  I can't be alone. :)  

#13 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Wait. Days of Our Lives is an actual TV show? Pardon my ignorance but I've always been under the impression that this was a fictional show created for FRIENDS. Well, you learn something new everyday.

#14 DVRJunkie

DVRJunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Wait. Days of Our Lives is an actual TV show? Pardon my ignorance but I've always been under the impression that this was a fictional show created for FRIENDS. Well, you learn something new everyday.

Ha, ha, no, but that's funny!  It's a real soap opera, which is fictional, but Joey was on a show that truly exists.  It's a good soap opera, if you enjoy them, which I do, and it has some great acting.  Do you watch soaps?

Edited by DVRJunkie, 26 November 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#15 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nah, not really. I've heard about most of them and I hear that Sopranos is kind of good but I don't watch any daily soaps as such.

#16 cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Despite the changes its has gone through I am still a fan of the show. There have been some characters that have left that have made it hard to watch sometimes, but I guess I just like it too much to stop watching. The characters that I miss are Stephanie Johnson and Philip Kiriakis they were my favorite couple I really loved their chemistry. I also heard that Alison Sweeney who plays Sami Brady is also leaving at the end of the year so that is going to make it even harder to watch for me considering she is my favorite character of all. She's been on the show for almost 20 years so its hard to know she is leaving.

As much as I love Days of Our Lives there is one storyline that is playing out right now that has been hard to watch, its EJ and Abigail having an affair. I'm just not a fan of their chemistry compared to EJ and Sami I really love the relationship they have. I just hope that Sami busts EJ and Abigail soon because as much as she has messed up she doesn't deserve to go through that, two wrongs don't make a right.

The Nick Fallon coming back from the dead is a storyline that I am actually excited to see where it goes. So I am definitely looking forward to see what comes of that. No matter what I have and always will love Days of Our Lives.

#17 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Can't believe this is still on Tv, I mean I started watchin this when I was like 6, and it had gone a few seasons then, I'm 23 now, talk about staying power...

#18 cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

Yeah its hard to believe this soap opera is still on especially when I mention it to my Grandma since she used to watch it and I tell her about some of the characters on the soap like Victor, Marlena, Hope, Bo, and Brady my Grandma tells me wow they are still on that soap opera. It just goes to show how long Days of our Lives has been around.

Edited by cookiemonster16, 24 March 2014 - 01:54 AM.