• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks Bittersweet. She really didn't mean it -- I think she was trying to get me to choose a more practical career (didn't work).

But man, I can't imagine it if she did mean it and harped every day. Caroline obviously harps on it. I feel for Lauren.

Last night's episode was just painful. I'm fastly liking no one on this show. And I'm really getting annoyed about all the ways these people are damaging little Gia.

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

This episode man...this episode brought me to rage for Gia.

I like Teresa, Melissa & Joe, even Kathy and her family a bit. The Manzos and Lauritas have completely fallen out of favor with me.

I found the majority of this episode inappropriate. Getting Gia a bra is fine, doing it on camera was a bit much (for a moment I was worried they'd show us). She and Tre were both endearing during it but man, it could have been talked about. Also, I did not enjoy how Tre, Joe and sales girl gave her a hard time about the lack of stuff going on up there. She's 10. Also, don't sexualize your child or call people's attention to what's going on while on TV.

Then we have the field day battle. 1) Joe did cheat and 2) Gia was obviously too young to be playing with adults who were playing fast and loose with rules. I think that people forget she's just a little kid. Yeah, she wants to be a star and is thrilled to be on camera. I enjoy seeing her but someone needs to make some rules. She's 10. Her meltdown did not need to be shown.

Caroline was okay -- I get sitting down with her, trying to rationalize. My own mother would have said, fine you stay here and pout but when you're ready to act like an adult, we'll be upstairs. However, then she would have left (and taken Jac and Frankie with her). To allow Jacqueline to mock her with reading books on behavior was ridiculous. Jacqueline spawned Ashley, lest we forget. She should not be trying to parent anyone else's kids.

Poor Gia knows just enough to be constantly on edge, but has no power and no idea how to cope. Her family (both immediate and extended) is imploding on the covers of magazines. One week it's bankruptcy, the next it's her mom and Uncle Joe's fighting and then the next it's her Dad's cheating or going to jail. Privately that's a lot for a kid to deal with. But aired out in public? That's gotta be a special hell.

I really enjoyed Kathy's interaction with her. I'm glad she was there for Gia. I'm glad Tre was there too. I wish she'd divorce Joe. That guy just....so much hate. Those little girls deserve better than to be surrounded by that.

Oh and Caroline and Albert's treatment of Lauren gets worse every episode. It's just awful. They should stop paying for that diet and save for the therapy Lauren will need after having a breakdown about this. Lord. And I don't even like Lauren.

#23 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Probably. I always thought that Albert liked her more than the boys until this episode. This episode was just rough.

#24 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Of course it wasn't on TV, but I believe Gia loves the attention and I wouldn't be surprised to know that she wasn't embarrassed by having that on experience on camera.

I agree that all the adults in Gia's life need to get it together for all the children's sake.

Yup, I think Gia's not embarrassed right now at all. I bet she thinks it's cool. I worry more when she's in middle school and high school.

The bra scene wasn't that bad (though when they showed her feet when she was changing, I was like, Bravo if you show this kid trying on a training bra, I am hunting Andy Cohen's phone number down to call and bitch him out directly). My big problem with it is that I think Teresa's just putting Gia out there a little too much to sickos. It's like Victoria Justice and Selena Gomez making the Maxim Hot 100 list. They're beautiful young women, but both are on shows aimed at kids. WTH is Maxim (or any guy reading that magazine) watching that show and voting for them? It just screams inappropriate to me.

I've been watching little Gia too long to wish her anything but success. I want her to get her acting/singing/dancing career if she still wants it (when she's grown), but mostly, I want her to be safe and happy. Sometimes I find myself thinking she's 12 or 13...I worry about that. She's 10! G to the IA should get to be a kid.

#25 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

With parents like Caroline and Albert, it is no wonder lied about her size. Poor Ashely will forever live with their disapproval of her LOOKS.

I totally agree about Gia. I won't lie, I loved the bra shopping segments with Tre though. But you are right, they shouldn't have aired all of it on TV, maybe alluded to it. I said in another post the show is toxic for Tre's family and I stand by it. After this week's display, Gia's parents should cut back her appearance on the show at least. She is wayyyy too involved in affairs she should have no business in. It is not her fault, they drag her into it. Like Joe going up to her and telling her he and her mom are working on their issues. Move bitch, leave her out of it!

I get this funny feeling Teresa's parents are not going to stand for her divorcing Joe Giudice. They sound like they are awfully old fashioned. I wish Teresa will say fuck it and just go for it but I think she still loves the Bull. Man, that guy is like a tree trunk. So does the other Joe anyhow

I'm torn with the Uncle Joe stuff. I do think he's probably the most stable male in her life and I think Gia needs that. God forbid little Gia end up on 16 and Pregnant, ya know? Her father is horrible and hateful. I wish he would have talked to her off camera or made an effort to show her how he's trying to be there for her and her mom vs. just telling.

I think a large part of Gia's situation is that she's her mother's sounding board and best friend. She shouldn't be. But I imagine Teresa is feeling people coming at her from all sides (Caroline, Jacqueline, Melissa, Kathy, etc) and it makes it very hard to trust family or friends. She knows that Gia is on her side, so she talks to Gia. Unfortunately, Gia's 10. She's not your shrink or your friend, she's 10 and deserves to be protected from all this insanity. I feel much of this is for the cameras and the adults all know, but Gia doesn't and it's just confusing.

Sadly, I agree re: her parents not being okay with a divorce. So my hope is Joe Guidice leaves or ends up going to prison for a really long time. He is not a good influence on 4 little girls and the way he treats his wife is disturbing at best.

#26 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

I am sorry you had to hear that from your mother. Young girls are very sensitive about their appearance. I wonder how long Caroline have been carrying on about Lauren. Maybe the girl have learned to cope so now the criticism holds no weight to her

You know what's ironic. Teresa used to be Caroline's attack dog in the Caroline and Danielle drama now Caroline've turned on Terea

#27 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

I am sure she didn't :)

The Gorgas and Wakiles need to shut it.They love hashing out family drama everywhere. It is all they do. I hope Bravo finds them another subject because this is beyond annoying and you are right, damaging

Apparently Bravo was seeking for Teresa's rival and the Gorgas knew this and accepted the gig? In that case I guess they are playing their parts?

They are all awful people but Teresa has my sympathies still

#28 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

There is Kathy trying to be an instigator and getting nowhere. Good for Teresa to suggest mingling instead. She came to the gathering despite the very hostile environment, I wouldn't have. I'd have sent them with a babysitter

LOL @ Joe G calling Teresa over to say he doesn't want to argue. Teresa should not be telling Joe things she doesn't want Melissa to know :/

#29 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Are you watching now?

Teresa came off badly when she is complaining about Melissa's lack of interest in her children and video cut to M playing with them. I like Teresa but she was behaving like a petulant child in this episode. A woman in her 30s should not be saying things lik 'you are a mean brother' followed by a pout.

I don't like Melissa but I am tired of the way Teresa dumps all the problem between she and Joe on his wife

#30 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

It is ridiculous for Teresa to blame everything on Melissa. I got that she was frustrated with her brother but they'll never resolve their problems if neither wants to take some of the blame. Joe is placing it all on Teresa and Teresa is shoving it on to Melissa.

Caroline Wants Teresa Off the Show

Andy should give Teresa her own show, I'd like to see these women without Teresa.

#31 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Gia is going to resent all the adults in her life when she is older.

#32 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

These ladies couldn't carry on without Teresa in the mix.

Melissa and Kathy are weak sauce, so much so that we get a full scene of just Joe Gorga and Rich as well as scenes with Rosie babysitting the kids to fill the time. Minor characters never get full scenes of their own on any of the RH franchises and it's happened several times this season on NJ. Just more proof the Gorga's and Wakile's bring nothing of value to the show other than their conflicts with Teresa.

Andy will never get rid of Teresa from RHONJ. She's the only one from the show who is bringing in money to the NJ franchise. I have read that after Bethenny hit it big due to marketing Skinny Girl drinks on RHONY, Bravo has made sure they get a cut of all future profits the housewives make as a result of promoting their side projects on the show. No one on the NJ cast has come close to the success Teresa has had with the cookbooks, so she's not going anywhere!

#33 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Carolyn and Jacqueline aren't that much better. All they have going on for them is seniority and the fact that there was hardly a break between filming seasons 3 and 4.

#34 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

That is a shame because I'd like to see Teresa off this show, doing her own thing on her own show. If Kim and Bethany can do it, you bet Teresa can too!

This show is turning into a nightmare for she and her family. I felt so bad for Gia last night. The girl's breakdown was so much more than her team loosing. The way they feel about her mother, I don't blame her for blowing things out of proportion. Because of the financial hole her husband's dug them into, I see why Teresa can't bid the show adios just yet. She is used to a certain lifestyle and she has debts she has to take care of, but she should be demanding her own show. I think she deserves it.

If Carolyn wants her off the show, let that upitty bitch have at it!

#35 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Lauren's problem is that she wasn't born a boy. Poor girl. She will never be special in her parent's eyes.

#36 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

With parents like Caroline and Albert, it is no wonder lied about her size. Poor Ashely will forever live with their disapproval of her LOOKS.

I totally agree about Gia. I won't lie, I loved the bra shopping segments with Tre though. But you are right, they shouldn't have aired all of it on TV, maybe alluded to it. I said in another post the show is toxic for Tre's family and I stand by it. After this week's display, Gia's parents should cut back her appearance on the show at least. She is wayyyy too involved in affairs she should have no business in. It is not her fault, they drag her into it. Like Joe going up to her and telling her he and her mom are working on their issues. Move bitch, leave her out of it!

I get this funny feeling Teresa's parents are not going to stand for her divorcing Joe Giudice. They sound like they are awfully old fashioned. I wish Teresa will say fuck it and just go for it but I think she still loves the Bull. Man, that guy is like a tree trunk. So does the other Joe anyhow

#37 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

I didn't think the scene at the bra shop all that bad. It was awkward and very realistic just like the first time my mom took me to get my first bra. It reminded me of when my ant hills were the talk of the house, lol!

#38 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

I didn't think the scene at the bra shop all that bad. It was awkward and very realistic just like the first time my mom took me to get my first bra. It reminded me of when my ant hills were the talk of the house, lol!

LOL ant hills. But can you imagine if it was captured on camera and the whole nation was in on it? I can't live down my high schoolschool year book pictures lol

I won't be able to show my face in school if I were Gia.

#39 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Of course it wasn't on TV, but I believe Gia loves the attention and I wouldn't be surprised to know that she wasn't embarrassed by having that on experience on camera.

I agree that all the adults in Gia's life need to get it together for all the children's sake.

#40 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm torn with the Uncle Joe stuff. I do think he's probably the most stable male in her life and I think Gia needs that. God forbid little Gia end up on 16 and Pregnant, ya know? Her father is horrible and hateful. I wish he would have talked to her off camera or made an effort to show her how he's trying to be there for her and her mom vs. just telling.

I don't know how stable he is in her life. On his own recounts, he doesn't see her often anymore. It seems the feud between the Gorgas and the Giudice have caused strain in Joe's role in his nieces lives. For shame because they seemed to be close before they agreed to do the show

I think a large part of Gia's situation is that she's her mother's sounding board and best friend. She shouldn't be. But I imagine Teresa is feeling people coming at her from all sides (Caroline, Jacqueline, Melissa, Kathy, etc) and it makes it very hard to trust family or friends. She knows that Gia is on her side, so she talks to Gia. Unfortunately, Gia's 10. She's not your shrink or your friend, she's 10 and deserves to be protected from all this insanity. I feel much of this is for the cameras and the adults all know, but Gia doesn't and it's just confusing.

What a sorry state of affairs. I feel so bad for both Teresa and Gia here. But no matter how lonely Teresa feels, she is the adult. If she must, she should start keeping a journal in which she can jot down her thoughts or something. It may give her a semblance of peace but Gia is the last person she should be confiding in.