56 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

[i]According to sources, Bachelor producers have wanted - and heavily courted - Emily since the very beginning of the casting process. However, the West Virginia mom was a bit trepidacious at first, and even after she said yes, the network did not sign off on Emily's casting until this week

On the fifteenth season of The Bachelor, Brad Womack proposed to Emily and she had prepared to move to Austin with her 6-year-old daughter, but the relationship ended. Now she'll have her pick of 25 men. Better luck this time, Emily!

Read more E! Online

#2 Squared

Squared

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

I think Emily is a real cutie and hope she finds the man of her dreams this time. It's not going to be easy with a child to consider though. I wonder if she will include her daughter in any of the dates when she gets towards the end of the series?

#3 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I've never understood shows like this. Here you have a really handsome guy or really cute girl and they need to go on shows like this to get dates. I've seen less handsome men dating more females practically chasing him down; same with the female, if she's anywhere close to perfection as this one appears to be, one little kid isn't going to be a deal breaker. I don't understand it.

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

It is one form of degradations that women willingly put themselves through. They are not forced to go on a serial dating show and act like bitches in heat

It pertains to the men who go on this show too. They are not any better than than the women of the franchise

#5 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

I watched The Bachelor several years ago and I kept thinking: here are all these women and this one man, sort of like a harem isn't it? You know they're sleeping around with him, so, he's the king, they're the concubines. Where else can you get a little nooky and appear on TV getting exposure and perhaps discovered? No one can convince me this all this hotness and peacock behavior that everyone's pure, chaste and no nookie is going on.

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Posted Image

It's off to the roses!

Emily Maynard's official portrait for her upcoming season of The Bachelorette has been revealed exclusively to PEOPLE.

Maynard, 26, whom Brad Womack chose as the winner on his season of The Bachelor, has said she's "scared to death" about looking for love on television again. Full article.

#7 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Posted Image

It's off to the roses!

Emily Maynard's official portrait for her upcoming season of The Bachelorette has been revealed exclusively to PEOPLE.

Maynard, 26, whom Brad Womack chose as the winner on his season of The Bachelor, has said she's "scared to death" about looking for love on television again. Full article.

That is a beautiful portrait of her.

If she is scared of looking for love on TV again, why is she on, I shouldn't be asking that should?

I find that hard to believe that it premiers in May, yet they haven't started shooting

#8 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Its back!

http://www.youtube.com/v/oIeQNzrLIpU

#9 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

These women are skanks.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, eeeeeeek! I loved Emily on the Bachelor, hope I love her on her own show

#10 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

I hope that for the sake of her daughter she can find a man who will treat her good and respect her. I think that she deserves that much.

#11 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I hope that for the sake of her daughter she can find a man who will treat her good and respect her. I think that she deserves that much.

Will you be watching?

She and her daughter do. She seems to come from a wealthy family so money won't be a problem, someone who will accept and love her daughter as her own is what she should look for in a man.

#12 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Emily was heartbroken by her breakup with Brad my hiney.

Tony the lumber trader has my vote. His son is adorable

If he sings one more time, I am going send bad karma David the singer/song writer's way

It is callous of ABC to cast someone from the same profession as Emily's dead fiancée.

#13 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Emily is so boring. Her men are not any better

She'll never be on DWTS. She is so stiff!

But I LOVE her shoes for the show.

#14 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

I read somewhere that Emily won't spend the night with any of the potentials. It makes her not a skunk but also too boring for this type of show. She is not Bachelorette material

The Bachelorette Emily Maynard on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1

#15 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

She is adorable but boring. I don't think I can continue watching this season

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Do you think she's doing this to find a husband or for the exposure to build her resume?

The last few Bachelorettes have been able to branch out to other projects due to being on the show. Ali is hosting a new travel show on NBC this summer while Jillian got a nice gig as a designer for Extreme Home Makeover for a couple of season before it was canceled. I'm sure there are more examples.

My feeling is that Emily and the producers already know the 2 guys she would like to save until the end, but the producers determine the elimination order of the rest based on the level of drama they bring to the table.

#17 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

She will be a fool not to use the opportunity to jumpstart her career.

If the reports are right that she won't do the overnights, she is already smarter than past Bachelorettes

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Seems like no one here is keeping up with the current season, so I'll add this bit of Bachelor news from yesterday.

Roberto Martinez To Be The Next 'Bachelor': REPORT

I hope it's true because Roberto is the only Bachelor I thought was attractive and an all around nice guy though a bit boring. Meanwhile, Ali is probably somewhere dying inside, lol!

#19 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Bachelor Pad 3 Cast Spoilers

The list of ‘Bachelor Pad 3’ contestants so far includes:

Blakely Shea, Jenna Burke and Jaclyn Swartz from ‘The Bachelor’ season 16 with Ben Flajnik

Nick Peterson from ‘The Bachelorette’ season 7 with Ashley Hebert season 7

And one huge surprise for me, which is bound to create fireworks in the Bachelor Pad is the inclusion of Kalon McMahon who we are currently seeing in ‘The Bachelorette’ season 8 with Emily Maynard. I wonder if he will arrive there by helicopter, too? Or be as annoying?

Another surprise is Michael Stagliano from ‘The Bachelor’ season 5 with Jillian Harris and winner of last year’s ‘Bachelor Pad 2.’

The above contestants have all been confirmed but there are some other rumored appearances too:

I am most looking forward to Lindzi Cox from the latest season of ‘The Bachelor’ with Ben Flajnik. But we are also likely to see Ames Brown and Ryan Park from season 7 of ‘The Bachelorette’ with Ashley Hebert; Ed Swiderski, the winner of ‘The Bachelorette’ season 5 with Jillian Harris and Reid Rosenethal from the same season; Erica Rose from ‘The Bachelor’ season 9 with Lorenzo Borghese; Craig Robinson from ‘The Bachelorette’ season 6 with Ali Fedotowskiy and Rozlyn Papa from ‘The Bachelor’ season 14 with Jake Pavelka, although Reality Steve doubts she’ll do it and I am not sure, myself.

#20 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do you think she's doing this to find a husband or for the exposure to build her resume?

The last few Bachelorettes have been able to branch out to other projects due to being on the show. Ali is hosting a new travel show on NBC this summer while Jillian got a nice gig as a designer for Extreme Home Makeover for a couple of season before it was canceled. I'm sure there are more examples.

My feeling is that Emily and the producers already know the 2 guys she would like to save until the end, but the producers determine the elimination order of the rest based on the level of drama they bring to the table.

As I always suspected. I figured the reality show had to be controlled somehow. I figured it was a sort of silent ratings like American Idol style where those that got the lowest number of "votes" are not given a rose to return for the next round.