• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

When I was a teenager I used to write poetry. I was a pretty depressed teenager to be honest. I had a lot of personal issues that I had to deal with, and writing both fiction and story-like poetry was definitely my outlet.

#22 zerotoinfinity

zerotoinfinity

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

When I was in elementary school I took a poetry class.  It was a part of the English class curriculum.  We learned the history of poets and iambic pentameter.  I wasn't very good at the rhythm of my poems but I did tell a great story :)

#23 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

When I was a teenager I used to write poetry. I was a pretty depressed teenager to be honest. I had a lot of personal issues that I had to deal with, and writing both fiction and story-like poetry was definitely my outlet.

Same here. My sister is a teenager now except she doesn't write depressing things, she writes gruesome ones! She once wrote a poem about a clown that killed old ladies at a carnival.

#24 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Same here. My sister is a teenager now except she doesn't write depressing things, she writes gruesome ones! She once wrote a poem about a clown that killed old ladies at a carnival.

Oh, I used to write gruesome things too. Always trying to push the envelope. I am a naturally creative person. I have to make things, whether it be music, or characters, or draw, or craft things with my hands. I make things, and I think that that is a great thing when you live inside your head as much as I do. 

Ps: I want to read that poem ;)

#25 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Oh, I used to write gruesome things too. Always trying to push the envelope. I am a naturally creative person. I have to make things, whether it be music, or characters, or draw, or craft things with my hands. I make things, and I think that that is a great thing when you live inside your head as much as I do. 

Ps: I want to read that poem ;)

I agree, it's always good to have a creative outlet for your thoughts. Especially if you tend to live in your own head a lot.

I read and trust me, it was hilarious if anything!

#26 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

I wasn't really a very social teenager, to be honest. Other people are too difficult and still annoy me beyond talking to them online lol.

I have always been a creative person. I think that it is how I express myself because I am not good with words in person, even though I am a writing wizard lol.

#27 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

I wasn't really a very social teenager, to be honest. Other people are too difficult and still annoy me beyond talking to them online lol.

I have always been a creative person. I think that it is how I express myself because I am not good with words in person, even though I am a writing wizard lol.

Neither was I. I'm still not very social now and I'm technically an adult!

I'm the same, really. I find it easier to describe things by writing than by talking. I tend to ramble a lot when I talk!

#28 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

Technically an adult lol. I love that expression. I have often used it countless times in my head. I am twenty-three now, but I don't rally see myself as an adult, and if today's idea of an adult is anything to go by, I never want to be an adult.

#29 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'm 21 and I still don't feel like an adult, despite people around me insisting that I am! I don't want to be an adult either, to be honest. The again, I don't want to be a teenager either.

#30 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

I loved poetry in high school. but fell out of love with it in college. I think I like it in waves. I have to be in an artistic mood to get into reading and writing poetry. I have written over 200 poems and I only post them online for strangers to read.

#31 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

Technically an adult lol. I love that expression. I have often used it countless times in my head. I am twenty-three now, but I don't rally see myself as an adult, and if today's idea of an adult is anything to go by, I never want to be an adult.

I want all the freedoms of an adult, but not on the obligations of an adult. I don't know when struggle became  a good thing or when it became noble. Life shouldn't be a day to day struggle, in my opinion. But our society has learned to accept that sacrifice is noble, which is ridiculous.

#32 VTEC 91244

VTEC 91244

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Twenty-six years young!

I won't grow up! (I won't grow up!)

No I promise that I won't! (No, I promise that I won't!)

I will stay a kid forever! (I will stay a kid forever!)

And get banished if I don't! (And get banished if I don't!)

I was never very good at writing poetry, but I would read it sometimes. My favorite ones were the simple ones like "This Is Just To Say" by William Carlos Williams.

Edited by VTEC 91244, 11 June 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#33 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

It's kinda funny and odd to think about this... but when I was a teen I was really into writing poetry, even into my 20's I was still writing poetry. Some of my poems were nice, others were just meh!  My friend liked most of my poems :)  My taste for poetry died when my view of romanticism died out and was replaced for a more crude vision...  I think that happened when I was 24?  I haven't written poetry ever since, and I doubt I ever will... I'm too cynical for that... :blink:   Yes, so many bad relationships often do that... hehehe.