• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

I am so glad to see The Killing picking up some steam again. I have been determined to hang with it just to see who the killer is, but last week's episode was a real snooze.

I won't spoil this week's episode, in case some people still haven't seen it, but there is a nice little twist coming towards the end!

#2 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

You know to be honest I tried to watch The Killing. I wanted to give it a chance having liked other AMC programs like Mad Men and The Walking Dead. However, I found it hard to follow and decided to stop watching.

One of the things that I found very distracting was the amount of dark scenes on the show. Seriously, it was hard to know what was going on in so many of these scenes. Maybe if I had a high definition TV in my bedroom I might not have had this problem, but because I don't I couldn't make out what was going on. Finally I just gave up,

I know the program does have a following, although some critics have complained that its dragged at certain points. Such as ending the first season without the killer being revealed. Still,it must get the ratings for AMC to have renewed it for another season.

#3 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

With GoT coming to a close next week and Mad Men ending in a few more, I've decided to give The Killing another chance.

'The Killing' season 3 poster: This time it's a serial killer -- EXCLUSIVE

Joe Carroll, Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates are about to get a new rival: The third season of AMC’s The Killing is set to introduce a serial killer villain. Below is the show’s official new marketing art that depicts one victim and 17 (and counting!) tally marks. But unlike some other more outlandish serial killer dramas, you can expect The Killing to have a more grounded and realistic take on the genre.

“We really wanted to reach out and grab people,” Linda Schupack, AMC’s Executive VP of Marketing. “We wanted the ad to be graphic and bold and stylish.The story is about a serial killer, but at the same time we also wanted to capture the humanity of the story — which I think sets it apart from other cop dramas. You really feel for the characters, particularly the victims.”

Though this is The Killing’s third season, the new case provides a creative reset that will make it easier for new viewers to tune in. The first two heavily serialized seasons were focused on solving one murder (the killing of Rosie Larsen). At the start of season three, Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) has quit Seattle homicide, but a case where somebody is preying on street kids will bring her back into the game. The case will be concluded at the end of this season (really … no really! They swear.).

Here’s the new art for The Killing, which returns to AMC on June 2. (Or perhaps this season the show should be called The Killings?).

The-Killing-Key-Art.jpg

#4 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

I fell in love with the last two seasons of the show this Spring. Thank God for Netflix--it got me caught up right before the start of this season. I like it so far, although it doesn't compare to the first storyline for me. It was so enthralling with Rosie and her family, to me this storyline is less involving. I still like it, I just don't see how they could ever top season 1 and 2.

#5 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Did anyone watch season 3? I couldn't believe the ending. What's going to happen to Linden now?

#6 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

I am so behind on this show. I've generally watched only a few episodes of the show, then fell behind and now I don't really follow it, because I'd rather watch from season one to present to catch up. I guess I'm just going to have to buy season 1 and 2 on DVD. The show looks interesting, though.

#7 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

I started watching the show and managed to make my way through the first season. Then after that, I stopped for some reason and have gotten really behind. I remember how the show was cancelled but was eventually renewed. I will definitely get back on Netflix and finish the second season and then finally watch the 3rd season.

#8 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

I watched the first two seasons on Netflix recently and caught up to the live airing of season 3 on AMC. I really liked the first two seasons, but I actually loved season 3 far more. I just found the overall storyline more compelling. I primarily watch because I love Linden and Holder together.

#9 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

I thought this show was so good. I was so happy when it got picked up for a final season, but I wish there was more. It gets gritty, with some heart-wrenching parts though. I was really into the characters, and thought the stories were very well done. Linden and Holder.. so unexpectedly great together.

#10 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

I am about halfway through the first season of this show. Yes, it seems dark. The two main characters seemed polar opposites, but already seemed to work together. She's dark, moody, and quiet, but I think Mireille Enos' character (and the actress herself) is smoking hot! Why is she always popping mints and chewing gum? Maybe I am not far enough into the story to know. Did she used to smoke?

#11 Lushlala

Lushlala

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:03 AM

I am about halfway through the first season of this show. Yes, it seems dark. The two main characters seemed polar opposites, but already seemed to work together. She's dark, moody, and quiet, but I think Mireille Enos' character (and the actress herself) is smoking hot! Why is she always popping mints and chewing gum? Maybe I am not far enough into the story to know. Did she used to smoke?

Hehe PrimalClaws, without spoiling it for you yes she used to smoke and is now trying to quit. I'm so glad you think she's hot. I'm a woman and I think she's very pretty. You should see her out of character and all glammed up...oh my LOL!