• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Does anyone else use Netflix? I used it for a while, but we recently stopped because we caught up with most of our T.V. series. Now that we have a little one, it's very difficult to find time to watch movies lately.

#2 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Does anyone else use Netflix? I used it for a while, but we recently stopped because we caught up with most of our T.V. series. Now that we have a little one, it's very difficult to find time to watch movies lately.

I subscribed once, canceled it before the month was up. The streaming subscription is a waste of money unless you like outdated TV shows and movies. They had NOTHING that I was looking for. Everything is only available on DVD. They are croaks

#3 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

We have had Netflix for several years now with no problems. I did drop our subscription to streaming only when they changed the prices. Their selection could be better, but I mostly use it for streaming kids shows. What can I say $7.99 a month is a whole lot cheaper than cable! :)

#4 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

I subscribed to Netflix on and off for the last 7/8 years. I renewed my subscription earlier this year to streaming only so my nephew could watch old cartoons on his Wii. Netflix isn't what it used to be, but it's great if you want to marathon recent TV shows that you missed out on the first time around. In my case, I've been able to watch seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad, S1 of The Killing & S1 of Downton Abby.

#5 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

I subscribed to streaming to watch a marathon of Gossip Girl only to find out they have only season 1 available for streaming

#6 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

We have it and use it a lot for the kids. It has a lot of their favorite shows on there. We still use cable too, but for $7.99 a month Netflix comes in handy. I have wondered before about some of the other services (Blockbuster, etc.) and if they might be better because I admit that Netflix does have some cheesy movies on there.

#7 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I used it during the free trial period, but decided not to subscribe. I didn't like their streaming selection all that much, and I got too impatient waiting for DVDs in the mail. Now that the prices have changed, I'm definitely not interested.

#8 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

The main reason we keep it is for our kids too, although right now the hubby and I are marathoning through NipTuck. I love that show! Fortunately , Netflix has a large selection of Barney, Thomas the Train, and Dora the Explorer so at least I can keep my daughter entertained now and then without having to buy a bunch of movies for $20 or more a pop.

#9 MirandaG

MirandaG

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

We have it and I am torn about it. Its really just for the kids. I mean where else I can instantly stream Phineas and Ferb or Veggietales at the drop of a hat. But if the price ever goes up, I doubt I will keep it. Nothing on there for me to watch. They need a bigger selection of newer movies.

#10 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

I am with you Miranda if the price goes up anymore and they don't add a whole bunch of watchable new content I am out. The last really great movie I saw on Netflix was Tucker & Dale vs. Evil and that has been a while ago now.

#11 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Basically if you don't have kids in the house don't subscribe :lol

#12 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for reminding me! I just canceled our account right before it could charge again. Yeah, we never use it anymore. We've pretty much caught up on everything and nothing else they have interests us. Their new stuff tends to suck and the kids don't even like it.

#13 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

I don't agree with the no kids no netflix thing. I have netflix and love it. Of course you don't use it for current TV or movies, but they have a decent selection of older movies, and a great TV selection for shows from several seasons ago or years ago. I am using it to rewatch a lot of my old favorites and catch up on shows I missed. For the volume you get, the price is still pretty reasonable.

#14 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

We had thought about getting it and cutting our satellite. But then decided against it. It would be much cheaper but my husband likes having the so called no crap channels and would miss them too much.

#15 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

No crap channels? I am curious what he thinks those are. To me, most of the channels on satellite is crap.

#16 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

[quote]No crap channels? I am curious what he thinks those are. To me, most of the channels on satellite is crap.[/quote]

Such as the history channel. We actually call them the no Sh#t channels. We like to watch shows that you can learn something from or that make you think who did it? That is what I meant by that, LOL.[/quote]

#17 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Ok, Netflix is my drug of choice. I will get sucked into TV shows faster than you can say, um, TV Shows. Or, ooo, re-watch old favorites again. My queue list has about 60 things in there. Oy!

But as I've said before to my friends and family - laptop is my favorite channel of all! LoL

#18 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'll resub if they have the complete The Wire series available for streaming

#19 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I had Netflix then unsubscribed because I was spending time at a neighbor's and he receives the very same programs I was, so, we just got together and watched his DVDs. When we parted company for a time, I found I couldn't resubscribe to Netflix because they weren't sending DVDs (?) to my area and subscribed briefly to Blockbuster until I couldn't afford it anymore. Now I'm back at my neighbor's watching his. LOL

#20 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

We do, but I mostly rely on hulu to get my shows on. I have stumbled across a good movie or two with Netflix and am currently marathoning my way through Gossip Girl, but in general, I think the streaming selection is still rather sparse.