• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#21 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I recently got a three month Blockbuster trial package with Dish Network and so far we're enjoying it. I think Netflix probably has more titles to choose from though, so once the three months is up we may switch.

#22 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

I have the ability to rent using RedBox, it's a subscription service; sort of. You select or reserve your videos and pay a borrow fee (think books) and then you must return them or get charged since you have to use a credit/debit card to reserve the movies.

#23 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

I really enjoyed Netflix back when I was living overseas and TV options were limited. I think their DVD program is very good; I just hope the instant streaming can catch up sometime soon.

#24 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

We had it for awhile but it really wasn't worth the money they were charging. Most of the movies available for streaming were older than me or straight to DVD movies we wouldn't have watched anyway. Since you can watch most of them on Hulu for free there's no point in paying for Netflix.

#25 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Well, I resubbed since my last comment on here. I got a hankering to watch The Vampire Diaries from the beginning. I can say one good thing for it: I've found a lot of awesome stuff through Netflix streaming. Some shows I had never considered before have become staples in my TV schedule! Pretty Little Liars, for instance. I've also found some great movies on there that were too obscure for me to know anything about. Sometimes it's worth browsing through it to try something new. Still, I'll probably unsubscribe within another month or two because that's just how I roll.

#26 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

I use Netflix and have enjoyed watching many old movies and series I missed the first time around. I subscribe to the online version only since I forget to mail those DVDs back when they come in the mail. I've found plenty to watch online.

#27 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

I had netflix briefly when they first came out, before the netflix craze really hit, and frankly I wasn't impressed. The service was okay, but the selection of movies they had were less than tempting. Now, all I hear in regards to netflix is that the selection is worse, the DVD subscriptions aren't worth the money you pay for them and the streaming features would be better IF they actually had better shows to stream. I'm not missing the subscription at all.

#28 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

I don't have netflix yet but I'm interested in subscribing. There are many mixed opinions about this but I will try it for myself and see what it really is.

#29 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

I don't have netflix yet but I'm interested in subscribing. There are many mixed opinions about this but I will try it for myself and see what it really is.

Try the free one month subscription, just don't forget to cancel before the month is up if you don't care for it.

I am stuck with it :/

#30 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'd forgotten all about Netflix. I pulled it up last night to see if my account was still active. Surprisingly, it is. I guess I just forgot to look for it. They have a lot of movies and television shows I haven't seen, so I'm going to pull it up this week to start getting my money's worth.

#31 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

I have been using it to marathon Desperate Housewives, and of course the kids like it for the kiddie shows. But the movies on there are mostly crappy anymore. When I'm in the mood for a movie, I can usually count on Netflix to not have what I want to watch.

#32 opal

opal

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Here ya'll are bashing netflix. Let me tell you about cable. We are paying out the WAZOO for cable and there's really very little we like to watch. We find ourselves flipping channels mostly and usually wind up disappointed. Maybe I should try netflix?

#33 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

I pay a ton for cable too but I watch a lot of cable shows. I'm a sports fanatic and I can't watch Monday Night Football on Netflix. I can on cable though. I will gladly pay my cable bill and watch what I want when I want. I did just send my last DVD back and cancelled the subscription to Netflix.

#34 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

My three month trial with Blockbuster is up, but we've decided to keep them instead of changing to Netflix. It's the same thing and it's not like we watch that many movies. We have Dish Network and I think it's as bad as cable when it comes to finding something to watch.

#35 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

The only reason I am keeping Netflix is for the kids. They haven't put anything half way decent on there in months. We got a Roku box, and we have mostly been streaming youtube videos through that to watch. I am considering trying a Blockbuster free trial just so we can see some newer movies.

#36 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

We have been using Netflix for almost a year now. With today's ticket prices, we seldom go to the movies anymore. We just wait for whatever movie we want to be released on Netflix. It saves up money plus we can watch anytime we want.

#37 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

We have been using Netflix for almost a year now. With today's ticket prices, we seldom go to the movies anymore. We just wait for whatever movie we want to be released on Netflix. It saves up money plus we can watch anytime we want.

It totally works if you get the streaming along with the mail-in DVDs. I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth when I only subscribed to the online streaming

#38 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Shooting I LOVE your avatar! We may consider just adding the dvd's in the mail to ours as well. Right now I am trying out Hulu for a month so I am hoping between Netflix and Hulu we can find something. $16 a month for the two of them is still way less than cable.

#39 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

We had Netflix when they first came out. It was really nice to be able to order movies online. Back then they had a lot of good movies and the service was fast. We stopped getting it because we had to reduce our bills. I haven't looked into it or Blockbuster recently. We do love to watch movies. I have been thinking about getting one or the other. I have no idea what streaming is. :D

#40 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Destiny, streaming is where you can watch things on your computer instantly, or if you have an Xbox 360, a Playstation 3, a Wii or a Roku box you can stream it to your tv.