• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#41 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

I love Netflix...I sometimes wait for the shows to upload and then watch them through. I have done this with Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad. I started Mad Men but didn't make it through the first season yet since I think I had ADD and just keep going between the 3 shows.

#42 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Netflix is the biggest killer of my time. LOL I get sucked into TV shows and before you know it, days have passed

#43 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Since my job depends on keeping up with series, I don't really have a need for Hulu Plus, but I prefer using Hulu over network sites because almost everything is in one place. Netflix, on the other hand, has been a big help in catching up on shows I blew off in previous seasons. This year, I was able to catch up on Scandal and The Vampire Diaries before the season premieres, and it's handy to have when I'm covering fast-paced, confusing shows like Revenge and OUAT. It also has a lot of nostalgic value for me, and I've been known to binge on LOST, HIMYM, and of course, Friday Night Lights :)

#44 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

and I've been known to binge on LOST, HIMYM, and of course, Friday Night Lights :)

oo, binge is a good word to use. That is pretty much exactly what one does when watching TV shows seasons at a time. My flavor of choice? Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Farscape, Firefly, Burn Notice - hell the list goes on and on.

#45 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I marathoned White Collar last year thanks to netflix

#46 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

I know I miss the good old days of Netflix. When for $8 a month I got a dvd and all of the streaming I wanted. They twerked me off when they started charging for them separately. $8 was a great deal, but $16 is too much for both. Especially when it takes forever for the good movies to get to streaming if ever.

#47 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

I have it, but I'm considering getting rid of it because they just took off Married with Children a few weeks ago. That was one of my sole reasons for keeping it as long as I have. Every once in awhile they have some decent anime on it. But I have Crunchyroll and Hulu Plus for that.

So my Netflix sub might be gone soon unless Married with Children comes back.

#48 Asperahol

Asperahol

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I let the subscription go because I couldn't justify the cost, but I would really have to disagree with the "no kids, no need" thing. I mean there are a lot of movies - foreign, indie, off-beat - that you could only get by streaming. So that was my main reason for the streaming subscription. I like black comedies and streaming got them to me. I don't really care about Hollywood so I didn't need my service for that. Then again if I want new movies I can just go across the way to a very convienent Redbox.

#49 pilot2fly

pilot2fly

Shy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I have a Roku device that streams Netflix to the television. I love it! I miss all the good series (Showtime) that Netflix used to have before the contract disputes.

#50 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

I've been a Netflix subscriber for the past few years, and I love it especially for the price of streaming each month. I'm wildly into anime so their collection is definitely more than satisfactory. I'm also fast becoming a Korean television drama series fan so naturally, I got hooked on Boys Over Flowers and City Hunter. Other than foreign shows, I watch documentaries as well as favorite oldies I've loved for many years like Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The X-Files, and lots more.

#51 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

I've been a Netflix subscriber for the past few years, and I love it especially for the price of streaming each month. I'm wildly into anime so their collection is definitely more than satisfactory. I'm also fast becoming a Korean television drama series fan so naturally, I got hooked on Boys Over Flowers and City Hunter. Other than foreign shows, I watch documentaries as well as favorite oldies I've loved for many years like Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The X-Files, and lots more.

Yeah, some of the anime they have are the only reason I may consider keeping it. But I also have plenty of options for anime so I still may get rid of Netflix in the end.

#52 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

OMG, now I keep getting emails from netflix wanting me back, and claiming that they have changed. But in reality nothing has changed at all. I wish there was a way to reply to a real person and t]let them know not to bother me until they stream and send dads for $8 a month again. The sub just line really got my attention, just to be deceived yet once again.

#53 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

OMG, now I keep getting emails from netflix wanting me back, and claiming that they have changed. But in reality nothing has changed at all. I wish there was a way to reply to a real person and t]let them know not to bother me until they stream and send dads for $8 a month again. The sub just line really got my attention, just to be deceived yet once again.

Yeah.....I don't think they'll ever offer DVD/Blu Ray rentals combined with streaming for that price again. But who knows, if competition breaths on the hard enough they might.

#54 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm really not thrilled with Netflix.

Sure, they're great for watching OLD episodes, so if you want to start a new series and watch several seasons, then you might find the show you want there. For keeping up with current shows, though? It's pretty much useless.

And their movie selections? The collection is atrocious. They rarely have any movie I would want to watch, old or new. I would much rather use Hulu or ProjectTV instead.

#55 teamrose

teamrose

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I was using Netflix until I discovered all the other channels. TCM or Turner channel has all the really old movies. I have so many cable channels, there's just no need to stream anything else. I just wish I could get everything I wanted to see free. I'm not willing to buy a satellite dish.

#56 workhomeunion

workhomeunion

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

A friend of mine was just trying to convince me to get Netflix but didn't mention anything about the selection of what can be watched with a streaming only subscription. From what I've read from you guys, it sounds like it might not be worth it. I do have cable, just got rid of my premium channels, but still have "On Demand." There's quite a bit to watch from On Demand and it's no additional cost, it's free with the Cable subscription. Also, if I want to use Pay-Per-View, those movies are available about the same time, sometimes a few days earlier, as a movie becomes available on DVD.

#57 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I use Netflix but I don't pay for it. I just have someone else's password (with their permission) so I can log in and look at anything that is streaming. I've been doing this for years and Netflix never seems to notice that I'm using the same account as someone in a different state, lol.

I love it. It's not the type of thing where you can go on there and watch a specific movie because the streaming selection is limited, but if you're open to finding something new, there are tons of lesser-known movies on there, some of which I've ended up loving.

#58 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I use Netflix but I don't pay for it. I just have someone else's password (with their permission) so I can log in and look at anything that is streaming. I've been doing this for years and Netflix never seems to notice that I'm using the same account as someone in a different state, lol.

I love it. It's not the type of thing where you can go on there and watch a specific movie because the streaming selection is limited, but if you're open to finding something new, there are tons of lesser-known movies on there, some of which I've ended up loving.

Oh believe me, they noticed. It's just something they allow. Every subscription for netflix comes in plans. Even the basic plan allows for streaming on at least two devices at once. That's why your friend allowed you to use their account for the service.

#59 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm currently streaming season one of "The Riches" on Netflix.

#60 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm thinking about returning to Netflix since my membership expired, but when inquiring about the prices the cheapest price is for streaming. I'm old school, I want the DVD but it costs a little more now. Hmmm decisions, decisions. It sucks they up'd their prices but catching up on a full season of a show commercial free is highly desirable. I wonder what alternatives there are?