• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#141 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

Does anyone remember Small Wonder? I just started to re-watch it on Youtube! It is about a guy who builds a robot that looks like a small girl. It is so cheesy and the special FX are horrible, but this show gives you some laughs! I like watching it while eating because it doesn't have any gross out humor and is just a nice relaxing show.

#142 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Uhm obscure?  This is very subjective :P I'd say Quantum Leap, to me that show was quite obscure, specially the way it ended. Some episodes were really odd and dark too, like that episode in which Dr. Beckett actually has a weird encounter with the devil!  LOL, never I expected to see that in a TV show like that, but I did!  Loved it, that TV show always surprised me. 

I feel so nostalgic when I think about it, we had such a great TV shows back then, I'm an 80's baby, but I got to watch a lot things from the 80's and I must say TV shows back then had such a different atmosphere. Maybe it's just me, but the 80's and the 90's were great decades for TV shows.

#143 muppet10

muppet10

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

I remember an obscure show from the 70's called Gemini man, this was a sort of take on the invisible man. The show was about a secret agent who was exposed to radiation in an underwater explosion, this rendered him invisible.

The agency he worked for found a way to return him to visibility with a special digital watch. He would press a button on the watch which made him disappear, he could only stay invisible for a total of 15 minutes each day or he would die. He was then deployed to use the invisibility in secret missions. The show was cancelled after one season. 

#144 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

Most recently... ''In the flesh''.  Man, that TV show left me longing for more,  it was so obscure!  I loved the fact it was shot in England and it was like a mix between a soap opera and a zombie flick.  The atmosphere was so obscure and grim; I totally loved it!  So sad season 1 had only 3 episodes! Season 2 had 6 and then it was cancelled.  This TV show was practically the best of the TV back in 2014, I can't understand why almost no one watched it. It was so well written, but I think it didn't get enough publicity...

#145 muppet10

muppet10

Cordial

• 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

When I was about 10 years old, I remember being hooked on an old British show called Black Beauty. Based on the Anna Sewell novel, reruns were played on Nickelodean (this was around the same time Alanis Morrisette was on You Can't Do That on Television) and no one else I knew watched it. I don't know when the original airings of the show was played, but it was probably sometime in the 70's. I was a horse-fanatic, so I just adored the show. There must have only been a couple of seasons because I saw all of the episodes multiple times, but I still never missed an airing. I came across an episode on youtube recently, and watched the whole thing - it was like being a kid again.

I remember watching Black Beauty as a child and remember the theme tune vividly. The series was based on a book written way back in 1877 by Anna Sewell who died just five months after the book was published, it was her only published novel.

The story is great as it teaches people about animal welfare and how to treat other people with respect. Black beauty was a working horse, pulling a coach carrying wealthy people until he has a bad fall and is retired to the country. The story is told through his eyes and the book has sold 50 million copies worldwide.