• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#1 Jess

Jess

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Lori is definitely the weak link. I feel like her character is one of the most focused on, but one of the least developed. Like, her manipulating certain events towards the end of S2, only to get mad when those events happened. There's no consistency with her -- except that she is consistently wishy-washy. Every day I hope for her to be zombie chow. I know if Daryl Dixon dies before she does, it will be a travesty. Though, I can't wait to see how Lori responds to Big M, another alpha female threatening her "first lady" position within Team Dinner Bell.

Speaking of -- I have never been so attracted to a racist redneck as I am Daryl Dixon. *purrrrr*

#2 Jess

Jess

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I do agree they spent way too much time at that farm last season. I'm hoping they utilize the prison much better.

#3 Jess

Jess

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

I'm from the south, too (North Carolina) in a more rural part. I know lots of guys who are your typical hunting, tobacco-chewing, racism-spewing hicks and they make me roll my eyes. Maybe if they were cute, like Norman Reedus...no, I'd still be disgusted by them. I think it's Norman and the compassion for Sophia that make me love Daryl so much. Plus, he's totally badass. Let's see Lori cut off zombie ears and wear them as trophies on his necklace.

Spoiler: click to toggle

#4 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Well, I guess I'm going to start the official The Walking Dead post! I'm amazed that there isn't one already since this is one of the best suspenseful/action/drama shows out there.It's on hiatus until the 3rd season rolls around, but man! The 2nd season turned out to be pretty darn epic. I was kind of bored by the halfway point, but it really picked up after that.

It has also turned me into a comic book nerd :ninja I started reading the comics right after the last season ended and I'm completely caught up now and waiting for next month's issue. Plus I've read the novel that came out about the Governor, who will probably be showing up next season. It's just his back story, but it's really good. The story starts about a week after the zombie apocalypse began, so you get a little more info about those first few weeks. And the comics are what the show would be if it was on HBO instead of AMC. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, back to the TV show since that's what this forum is all about. Any other fans?

#5 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have been meaning to start the series from the beginning. It was on the same time as Dexter during the first season, so I missed it. But both my son and husband are big fans, so I want to watch, but I can't just join in with them until I've watched the first two seasons.

#6 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Well, the first season is on Netflix and you can buy the 2nd season for watching online for $23 or single episodes for $2. Just search for it on Amazon in their instant video section.

I'm on this big zombie kick right now. Did you know there's a young adult romance series about zombies? The first book is called The Forest of Hands and Teeth. It's actually pretty popular, but I haven't read it yet. There's also a novel called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which is basically the Jane Austen novel with zombies thrown in!

#7 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Oh, I didn't realize a thread had not already been started on this show! Regardless of how you feel about zombies ... there is not much better on TV right now. I am in love with the Walking Dead!!

I was literally sad when the last episode for this past season aired. I was like, "How am I going to move on with my summer, not knowing what happens?" It is so unbelievably good. Just take my word for it. Even if you hate horror/zombie stuff, you will like this show. It's about so much more than just brains. It's about human beings trying to survive in a hopeless, apocalyptic world. Ah-may-zing!!!

#8 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I like this show because not only is a good show, but it was filmed in and around Atlanta and we recognize so much of the scenery and backgrounds. I haven't seen any of the second season yet, but I may have to change that this weekend! :)

#9 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Man, the end of Season 2 was amazing. The setup for Michone and the prison were great, the stuff with Shane was riviting as was what happened at the Farm (I am trying to stay spoiler free for Sensa and the others who aren't up to date), and Dale is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

I am now totally pumped for Season 3.

#10 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

I have watched season one and really liked it a lot. I am looking forward to season 2. I thought that the whole idea to do this was wonderful and can not wait to watch more of it.

#11 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I was a little apprehensive about watching The Walking Dead because I truly loved the comics, and I'm a loyalist when it comes to the originals. Even if a show or remake stands true to the original or is ever actually any good, I will prefer the original. In some cases, exceptions can be made, like in reference to Alien and it's sequel, Aliens, I prefer the latter. Anyhoo, I was on the fence about this series because I was a fan of the comic series, and I was shocked to find that while it doesn't directly follow the comic, it's a damn good show. The introduction of 'Michonne', the woman who saves Andrea ( Otis in the comics ) promises to be interesting because the character of Michonne is the epitome of a woman warrior, almost Amazon like.
Season three is going to be great.

#12 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

I was a little apprehensive about watching The Walking Dead because I truly loved the comics, and I'm a loyalist when it comes to the originals. Even if a show or remake stands true to the original or is ever actually any good, I will prefer the original. In some cases, exceptions can be made, like in reference to Alien and it's sequel, Aliens, I prefer the latter. Anyhoo, I was on the fence about this series because I was a fan of the comic series, and I was shocked to find that while it doesn't directly follow the comic, it's a damn good show. The introduction of 'Michonne', the woman who saves Andrea ( Otis in the comics ) promises to be interesting because the character of Michonne is the epitome of a woman warrior, almost Amazon like.
Season three is going to be great.

Yes, I can't wait! I wish Tyrese was in there, though. I went from the show to the comics, but I can see how they're incredibly alike and just different enough to keep the comic fans guessing about what comes next and how they'll depict it. I can't wait for Michonne!

Have you read issue #99 yet? It just came out a couple days ago. It was awesome! I can't wait for the 100th, it's gonna be so epic.

#13 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm into most things horror, but The Walking Dead is one that I've hardly ever watched. I watched part of one episode once and really liked it. I just never got round to following through.

#14 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

I love this series because it is not just about the zombies. Anyone can get into how complex it is (if you can get past the zombies eating that poor horse, than you can get past anything).

My question is, should I get into the comics if I haven't yet? I've watched all of Walking Dead seasons one and two, and I know that season three's locale is one of the favorites out of the comics, but I'm curious if I will spoil myself too much by reading them...

#15 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

It is without a doubt the best show I can think of that AMC has put out anytime in the past ten years. I have yet to see any of the comics, are you a fan of them in general or brand new to the idea of them?

#16 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

It is without a doubt the best show I can think of that AMC has put out anytime in the past ten years. I have yet to see any of the comics, are you a fan of them in general or brand new to the idea of them?

Woah, I'm really late answering this! Sorry, I've been all caught up in Big Brother.

I started reading the comics during season 2's mid-season hiatus and I've kept up with them ever since then. I love them!

October 14th is the season 3 premiere!! I can't wait!!!!!

#17 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

I don't know what it is about Sarah Wayne Callies, who plays Lori, but I can't stand her. I don't know if it's her acting or what, but I thought the personal lives of the characters in the first couple seasons were a bit boring. I wanted more zombie action. I think season 3 is going to be the best though, with the abandoned prison they found. I wish they could get their hands on machine guns somehow and mow them creepers down!

#18 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I have watched every episode and I am completely hooked. This is definitely one of the best TV shows out there and one of the top zombie-related productions ever. I am nervous because I don't want to drop any spoilers but I am anxious to see what they do with Michonne in the new season. I haven't read the graphic novels but I hear they stray away from that a bit, especially considering one of the lead characters and how long into the show he/she lasted.

I am glad the Sheriff finally pulled rank because he was making me nervous. He had a few bitchy qualities about him and he started taking orders. They needed to ditch the search for the little girl; she is the entire reason the season wrapped up the way it did. I need to watch it again because I had a lot more to say about it but I forgot most of the season and like I said, don't want to drop any spoilers.

#19 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

That's it, Jess! You hit the nail right on the head about Lori. She just seems to be so self-righteous and has this queen bee attitude along with wishy-washy. She just irritates me. Since, I'm from the south, I tend to like Daryl Dixon too. I am certainly not a racist, but can relate to his ways. I guess I'm just familiar with those types. I do hope they find Sophia though some how. Despite Daryls questionable views and behavior, he seemed the most compassionate in finding her.

#20 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

I love this show and am glad to see there is already a thread about it. :D

It's just really awesome on every level. I'm a huge horror genre fan anyway, but I think I'd be into this even if it weren't for the zombies. The characters and writing are just so incredible. I don't get people saying that there aren't enough zombies, because for me, what makes this show so special is the character drama. You can just go into the B-movie horror section and find ten thousand movies that are nothing but zombie kills are gore. This show makes you really feel for these people, really know them, and that is the goal of all storytelling. I'm far more interested in the character dramas than the zombies but I'm just a sucker for that stuff in general anyway.

Most people seem to agree that Daryl is the best character. Norman Reedus is such an amazing actor. He's been around for ages but people are really starting to give him credit because of this show. I'm happy for him, he really deserves it.

I don't know why everyone hates Lori so much. If I was her I would have gone to bed with Shane also. Shane was kind of a jerk but man was he sexy. I was sad when...well... yeah. Does it still count as a spoiler if it happened in season 2?

I'll be back to talk about what happens when season 3 begins. Excited! :)