• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#21 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think Merle will think his brother is soft for sticking with a group that caused his "death." They were two fierce guys that wanted to survive and kill zombies but instead Daryl is taking orders from the Sheriff now and trying to play nice with the group.

I think this will be an interesting situation, especially considering they are heading into a prison.

#22 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

I hope Daryl sticks with the good side and isn't too influenced by Merle. I want Daryl to be good so badly! Although my love for him started to fade a bit when he was so cruel to that guy they had captured. There was really no reason for him to torture him like that. Actually, that entire storyline really kinda bugged me and made me depressed, especially with what happened to Dale at the end of that night. :(

My one complaint about this show is that sometimes it's too depressing for me. I get it, it's the apocalypse, but sometimes I feel like they take things a little too far.

#23 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

3.01 - Seed - Promo Pictures

#24 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I hope Daryl sticks with the good side and isn't too influenced by Merle. I want Daryl to be good so badly! Although my love for him started to fade a bit when he was so cruel to that guy they had captured. There was really no reason for him to torture him like that. Actually, that entire storyline really kinda bugged me and made me depressed, especially with what happened to Dale at the end of that night. :(

My one complaint about this show is that sometimes it's too depressing for me. I get it, it's the apocalypse, but sometimes I feel like they take things a little too far.

You can't really have a show about the end of the world and a zombie outbreak and keep it light the entire time. It wouldn't be effective and in all honesty it would be pathetically drab and boring. You need to feel depressed like they do to make it as effective as possible and that is what makes it a great show.

#25 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

You can't really have a show about the end of the world and a zombie outbreak and keep it light the entire time. It wouldn't be effective and in all honesty it would be pathetically drab and boring. You need to feel depressed like they do to make it as effective as possible and that is what makes it a great show.

Yeah. But they've gotta give us a reason to have a little hope too, you know? It's definitely a delicate balance. There have been times the show felt so entirely hopeless that I almost wanted to stop watching. But like you said, it can't really be lighthearted either. They are doing a good job, I think. I just want them to secure the prison so they can have somewhere to live!

Less than a week to go! :) It really sucks that this is going to conflict with my other favorite show, The Amazing Race. I'll have to start watching that online as not to miss The Walking Dead.

#26 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Okay, I went back and started watching Season 2 again to get ready for Season 3. A few things are bugging me...

1) How does the farm have power/hot water? I realize there are generators, but those take fuel. They also seem to have fuel for their cars all the time. Where is that coming from? There aren't solar panels on the house.

2) Where on earth are they getting all of that food? Having enough food to feed Hershel and his family alone for that long (I believe this had all been going on over a month at this point) would have taken some serious doomsday prepping. But to have enough food to feed all of those people? It doesn't make sense. I would like them to address the food issue somehow.

3) Who put Sofia in the barn? I guess it must have been Otis, before they all met? But then you'd think Glen would have seen her in there when he saw the walkers. They also showed the walkers in the barn a bunch of times before Shane lets them out and she didn't appear to be there. Maybe they talk about that somewhere and I missed it?

Anyways, I'm not trying to pick the show to pieces or anything but these sort of plot problems are what bug me about fiction. In my own fictional writing, I work very hard to ensure that everything is realistic as possible because I know I'm not the only one that has these sort of questions in stories like this. I love the show, I just wish they could have worked out some of this a little better. For example, considering that Hershel is religious, they could have made him a doomsday prepper type, and that would have accounted for all of his food and fuel stores. But instead, they made him seem like of everyone, he didn't actually believe that this was the apocalypse or that the world was even ending! It doesn't make sense that someone like that would have food stores to feed a large group of people for months.

Perhaps they were supposed to be going into town to get food?

Anyway like I said, not trying to tear the show apart. I love it. I love it even if they never address this stuff. I was just watching it for six hours straight yesterday and those were my thoughts. :)

#27 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

The season premiere! Woo hoo!

Did anyone watch?

#28 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Come on guys, this is one of the most popular shows on television. NO ONE has any thoughts? Boo.

#29 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hershel lives! (for now)

Daryl was so cute in this (every) episode. Just...guhhhhhh. *drooling* I love him so much.

I loved the scenes where they were showing the prison guys how to fight the Walkers. I want more of that!

Was bummed they killed off the long-haired prisoner. He looked like he had some major zombie-fighting potential.

Rick is turning evil. Seriously. It makes me sad.

#30 rphoenix

rphoenix

Shy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Currently only at episode 7 and I'm loving it so far. Ahaha, actually, I think I shouldn't have visited this thread. I've seen a lot of spoilers already, but I don't really mind. I was focusing more on the comics before the TV series, so I didn't start it right away. This show certainly keeps me at the edge of my seat, to the point where I start yelling at the TV things like "YOU IDIOT DON'T GO THERE!" Ahaha, you get my drift.

#31 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

You know, when I first saw this show, I didn't think it would catch fire the way it has. But then again, that's the same thing I said years before about the comic and look how great that took off.

But what I like about this show the most is the fact that they (unlike most other shows) do everything they can to stay as close to their comic roots as possible.

#32 Asperahol

Asperahol

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

C-C-C-C-Combo breaker. Sorry guys, but while I tried very hard to get into this show (because the first episode was great) I couldn't. Not only was the story sort of limping along, but the characters really weren't all that engaging. It was really just much ado about nothing and I can't really maintain interest in something like that. I mean I need something... even if it's just a subtext (perferably subversive) that I can laugh over. This show didn't really give me that, but at least it introduced me to the comics.

#33 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Merle is apparently alive and might show up in the next episode. Interesting. Saw the previews.

#34 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

The Walking Dead has been one of my favorite current shows since season one. The second half of season two was great, and I'm excited for what the third season will bring especially the characters of Michonne and the Governor. If it will be anything like the graphic novel, viewers should be prepared for what's coming....

#35 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm just glad Daryl isn't in the comics so there's no way someone can tell me that Daryl is going to die. If he dies, I DIE WITH HIM. heheh :)

I kinda have a girl crush on Maggie this season too, not sure why. Last season I was iffy about her.

#36 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Darryl won't die until they find a strong male lead to replace him. I do think Darryl needs to change clothes though. The country hick outfit is getting old. I wish he'd dress more like T. does.

#37 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Last night's episode was good. Merle was a lot nicer than I thought he'd be. Michonne was too much of a brat. She better change soon or I'm going to not like her character. She literally makes the same exact facial expression all the time. It's like I get it, the governer's evil, blah blah. But you'd think you wouldn't be such an ass to the people who have power over you. If it'd been me I'd have been super-friendly and start manipulating those dudes from the get-go. Maybe you'd even get lucky and find a nice husband there...there were plenty of people to choose from.

I've gotta run. I have more thoughts about this. Will be back later.

#38 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

The cool thing about Michonne is she represents strength. She doesn't believe in folding just because she's in someone elses trenches. I think she is taking the right approach towards the governor. Because Andrea is more than likely to die at the rate she's going. Michonne suspects the worse of the Governor. That's good, it means he'll have to work harder to get the drop on her than Andrea. Merle is just being nice until someone takes out the governor. Once that happens he'll go back to his old self.

#39 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have only been able to watch the first two seasons since I have been busy and don't have cable. They have been so amazing, I can't understand why everyone doesn't watch this show. I think the story is so easy to get into and the character development has been so well thought out. Sometimes there is a lull in between episodes but that lull is well worth going through for the next cliffhanger or migration the group partakes in. I hope to see season 3 soon!

#40 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I actually thought that Andrea had the smarter approach. It's like, if someone has you in captivity (not quite but basically) why are you going to have attitude? Why not play nice and see if you can manipulate the situation to your benefit? Of course you don't actually trust or like the people you're around, but you play nice so you can see ways that you can manipulate them. At least until you learn to trust them and vice versa. Michonne was definitely right not to trust the governer, I just think she shouldn't wear her heart on her sleeve quite so much. I would have been a sweetheart to all of those boys to get them to think I wasn't a threat. Then, if necessary, at the right moment you do the unexpected and slice their heads off.