• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#41 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I actually thought that Andrea had the smarter approach. It's like, if someone has you in captivity (not quite but basically) why are you going to have attitude? Why not play nice and see if you can manipulate the situation to your benefit? Of course you don't actually trust or like the people you're around, but you play nice so you can see ways that you can manipulate them. At least until you learn to trust them and vice versa. Michonne was definitely right not to trust the governer, I just think she shouldn't wear her heart on her sleeve quite so much. I would have been a sweetheart to all of those boys to get them to think I wasn't a threat. Then, if necessary, at the right moment you do the unexpected and slice their heads off.

I actually think Andrea is a victim of the trappings. She sees a town, people, food, place to stay. This handsome man with power. I don't think she's taking your approach. I think she might be crushing on "govie". Which is what Michonne senses I think. Some women are like that. I think this community was light in her darkness. She's been separates from her own group, hasn't had food or a place to stay in months. She is being seduced by the situation. Reminds me of that old story about the witch who fattens up kids so she can eat them. The kids are unaware of the danger they're in because all of that good food is in front of them.

#42 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I actually thought that Andrea had the smarter approach. It's like, if someone has you in captivity (not quite but basically) why are you going to have attitude? Why not play nice and see if you can manipulate the situation to your benefit? Of course you don't actually trust or like the people you're around, but you play nice so you can see ways that you can manipulate them. At least until you learn to trust them and vice versa. Michonne was definitely right not to trust the governer, I just think she shouldn't wear her heart on her sleeve quite so much. I would have been a sweetheart to all of those boys to get them to think I wasn't a threat. Then, if necessary, at the right moment you do the unexpected and slice their heads off.

I actually think Andrea is a victim of the trappings. She sees a town, people, food, place to stay. This handsome man with power. I don't think she's taking your approach. I think she might be crushing on "govie". Which is what Michonne senses I think. Some women are like that. I think this community was light in her darkness. She's been separates from her own group, hasn't had food or a place to stay in months. She is being seduced by the situation. Reminds me of that old story about the witch who fattens up kids so she can eat them. The kids are unaware of the danger they're in because all of that good food is in front of them.

Maybe, but what about all of the people in the governers town? They seemed okay. There were plenty of women there, none of them being raped or anything. At least from what we can tell so far. I guess time will tell how evil he may be. I don't know much about the comics so I'm not sure what to expect from him. All I've heard is that he's a bad guy.

#43 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Did anyone else see tonight's episode? There's always this moment of calm that happens right before the danger really kicks in, and Herschel's little stroll in the prison yard was just that. After that there was really no relief. Fantastic episode that had me bawling by the end of it. How can a show get better and better when it is already this amazing?

#44 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

It was amazing. Probably the best episode yet. Non-stop amazing performances from everyone, all around. I couldn't believe it. I knew that at some point soon more people were going to die, but I honestly thought they'd wait til the mid-season finale for all the Lori/baby delivery stuff. They thought that they were secure but they weren't.

There are so many questions now... Where is Carol? And Hershel? And Beth? It didn't show them get killed so I assume they're hiding somewhere.

Is Rick going to be completely insane now? He already seemed like he was on the edge.

Is the baby going to look like Shane?

Is Merle going to get away from the town to go look for Daryl?

I like Merle so much more now than in the beginning. I kind of love him actually. I'm way too attracted to these dirty, sleazy redneck guys, I swear. I hope he lives and long time and that he and Daryl reunite.

I kind of want Michonne to just sneak out of town without Andrea at this point. I don't blame Andrea for wanting to stay, but for such a strong girl, Michonne doesn't seem to be sticking up for herself enough. Her gut is telling her to leave, so leave. I guess she doesn't want to be alone but it kind of sucks seeing Andrea convince her to stay due to her lust for the governor.

T-Dog died a hero. But it was so shitty after all that he has survived.

Seriously, WHERE is Carol. They didn't even look for her. They were like, "Well, we found a scarf. She must be dead."

#45 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Maybe, but what about all of the people in the governers town? They seemed okay. There were plenty of women there, none of them being raped or anything. At least from what we can tell so far. I guess time will tell how evil he may be. I don't know much about the comics so I'm not sure what to expect from him. All I've heard is that he's a bad guy.

Those people just don't know his bad side. Maybe they agree with the Governor's approach? Maybe they know of his dirty deeds about killing people. Maybe they're like-minded with him. Or maybe they've just yet to get on his bad side. But perhaps a public execution of someone who gets too mouthy in the middle of town square will change that?

I kind of want Michonne to just sneak out of town without Andrea at this point. I don't blame Andrea for wanting to stay, but for such a strong girl, Michonne doesn't seem to be sticking up for herself enough. Her gut is telling her to leave, so leave. I guess she doesn't want to be alone but it kind of sucks seeing Andrea convince her to stay due to her lust for the governor.

Michonne has become attached to Andrea because of all that time they were together. Women bonding and all. That's what's keeping her there. Remember, Michonne has also killed her pets. She did fine without Andrea because she had her pets. They were kind of her "world", in this crazy world they're stuck in. But now that she's had to kill him, Andrea is really all she has. If Michonne's pets were tied up somewhere, I'm pretty sure she'd have left Andrea by now.

#46 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

She needs to get herself some new pets. Wouldn't be too hard, I'd think.

#47 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Well that's like saying when your dog or cat dies. Just go out and get a new one. It's really not that simple when you've been attached to them for so long. Even in the case of arm-less zombies.

#48 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I don't really know how I'm going to wait 10 more hours until The Walking Dead tonight. At least I have a busy day ahead of me to pass the time.

#49 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

All I want to say about last night's episode is that Daryl Dixon is female fantasy EMBODIED...

He already was, but seeing him with the baby. It's too much.

#50 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Well I was right about Andrea. She wanted some "govie love". Which is what was keeping her there all along. Looks like they go after Michonne in the next episode though.

#51 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

I do not find the governor attractive. Something about the way he talks is just ew for me. But I can see why Andrea would like him. She liked Shane (enough to screw him anyway) which tells me she has the same problem I have: being attracted to extremely troubled men, lol.

#52 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

But in a zombie apocalypse that makes her a liability. Michonne was right to cut her loose when she did.

#53 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, I agree. I was getting a little annoyed that Michonne clearly wanted to leave but was going against her instincts for Andrea. I was proud of her when she finally just said screw it and left. And oh wow, I REALLY started liking her character way more after she slaughtered those caged walkers. SMOOTH!

#54 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I liked when she pointed her sword at The Governor. He never saw it coming! Heh.

#55 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

What an amazing episode. I loved the whole phone sequence.

#56 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Rick apparently is a ghost whisperer now? Also what will become of Glen and his gal pal? I wonder how this will affect things with Andrea. Michonne is pissed at her, and when Glen and his girl find out Andrea is a part of the Governor's "community", they won't be too happy about it either. Especially consider who or what Andrea is turning into now. I think they should cut Andrea loose anyways. She's starting to become a female version of Shane in a way. She'll surely get them killed if she were to rejoin the group.

#57 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Well they did cut her loose so I don't blame her for moving on with what *she thinks* is a better situation. She probably wouldn't be too happy about finding out they never went back to look for her. It looks like she's going to get hurt in the next episode anyway. They didn't show much, but they did show a scene of her trying to cuddle up to the Governor and him pushing her away. She made the classic mistake of giving it up wayyyyy too soon, but most of us have been there. Plus, who can really blame her. She'd been on the road with another chick for almost a year. She was probably pretty horny considering their lack of vibrators, lol.

I loved the ghost/phone sequence. It was powerful, especially the way Lori's voice faded away slowly at the end.

I'm glad Rick finally went to see the baby. It was a beautiful scene.

And of course, Daryl finding Carol was good. I hope they learned a lesson about not just giving up on your friends when you don't even know for sure they are dead. I'd feel kind of guilty if I were them.

It really irks me how all the Caryl fangirls are like "he saved her! They're in love! He caressed her face, oh my God he loves her!" Look--any man who loves a woman as his partner would have gone looking for her. I guarantee that my boyfriend would not have stopped looking for me until he found my body or some part of it to conclude that I was dead. I don't really believe that Daryl loves Carol in a romantic way, at least not at this time. He didn't "caress" her face. He grabbed her chin to look at her and make sure she wasn't a walker so if he picked her up she wouldn't bite him.

Maybe they could fall in love. And I'd be willing to believe that she has a crush on him (who could blame her?) But as for his feelings for her...I don't see it.

Also, lol are NickJ and I really the only people watching this show? Come on guys, it's awesome!

#58 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

haha You guys aren't the only ones watching the show. I just hadn't had enough time in the week to visit the forum. Now that the Thanksgiving break is coming up maybe I'll post more.

I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of the Walking Dead, and so far I like the direction the stories are going. The writers are taking a much different approach to the one found in the graphic novel, which I've read, and in all honesty, I favor the television show. There have been many OMG! moments during all of season 3's episodes thus far, lots of talking back to the TV, and my favorite scene for now would have to be when Daryl calls the baby girl a little ass-kicker. hahaha

I hope Rick maintains his sanity, and his little psychotic episode with the phone calls is done. I had recently gone back to watch season 1 just to remind myself what Rick was like, and boy, did his character changed a lot. Andrew Lincoln does such a great job playing Rick.

I wanted to ring Merle's neck when he took Glen and Maggie hostage. How can they let this happen to them???

I wonder how Michonne will be accepted into the prison group. I visited AMC's website to watch an extended look, and it looks like she's telling Rick about the Governor and his little community. I can't wait for the next episode! So much going on...

#59 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

THEY NEED MICHONNE. Girls got skills. Skills that don't involve guns. They can save a lot of bullets with her around.

#60 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

I wonder how the group dynamic will change yet again with Michonne in it. How easily will they be able to trust each other as we've seen Michonne to be a little wary of strangers, and Rick, too? There were already so many members from Rick's group that have come and gone, but so far they're adjusting. Taking care of the new addition to the group, Rick or Shane's baby girl, in a zombie world will be one heck of an undertaking. I just can't wait for the newer episodes to come already. I have so many burning questions I want answered. :o