• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

How is this show still on? How are there that many people who enjoy it? Scary.

#2 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

I have it here on 2x a day and I avoid both shows. Every once in a while my TV will be turned on to the channel and I'll be cooking or washing dishes and miss changing it to another channel. Lucky for me, that doesn't happen too often but when it does it's about as slutty and trashy as it gets. Pass.

#3 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Springer was entertaining for about two minutes back in the day. He really needs to retire from the trashy stuff and move on to something else. Or just retire all together. It's got to be kids who watch his show, right? I don't think I know any adults who get into it.

#4 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

I have to admit that I laughed a ton when I first started watching Springer (eons ago). I haven't watched it though in years. I can't believe people like their guests even exist. I guess I lead a very sheltered life, and I'm glad!

#5 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I used to watch it, but here lately all that seems to be on there is lesbians and strippers, and I don't really have strong feelings for either. Now, it more or less caters to the masses rather than actually have a central show. I will say this, I never knew there was so many lesbians, hookers, strippers, transsexuals or cheaters in one country.

#6 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

I used to watch it, but here lately all that seems to be on there is lesbians and strippers, and I don't really have strong feelings for either. Now, it more or less caters to the masses rather than actually have a central show. I will say this, I never knew there was so many lesbians, hookers, strippers, transsexuals or cheaters in one country.

I could well understand why you thought so if you're using Springer as a perception of what is in our country but, it's not entirely accurate. Many of these "guests" are what we call media whores for the simple fact that, much of it is for shock value. For as many as show up on talk shows like this, there are a greater number that are not. You just only see the bad apples or those pretending to be; showing anything less it just wouldn't be the Springer way.

#7 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

I also used to love watching the silly people on his show. I really think these people make us this stuff just to get on TV. I could never do anything like going on this kind of show and humiliate myself and my family. He eggs on the fights too.

#8 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

It's a staged freak show for shock value and to make money. The tickets are free, and they use cue cards for the audience when to yell, jeer, or call someone names. They even tell the audience what to wear, and I'm sure the guests on stage too. Everything is planned.

#9 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

How is this show still on? How are there that many people who enjoy it? Scary.

Not just that, but how many people are willing to make themselves look stupid on television like that?

#10 mochajoeee

mochajoeee

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

I think I am on the minority for this one. But I watch this show every day at noon. I just love it. I know it is most likely staged and not by any means real. It is an addicting show. I do agree that it is mostly about lesbians, strippers, transgender, cheaters and anything along those lines, but that does not bother me. I have no issue with any of those things. It is a show for entertaining and it sure entertains me!

#11 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I know a lot of people hate the show, but I love Springer. Sure the fights are fake and it's usually the same storylines over and over again, but it's entertainment. Besides it's funny where they find some of the people who are on the show.

#12 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

This show is staged, I had a couple aunts (who are druggies) make up some crap to get on the show, well they got in but were told what to wear, what to say if I remember correctly, And the audience thing with the cue cards is true as well. This show isnt real at all its fake.

#13 Realitytv

Realitytv

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I agree that Jerry Springer is all fake. Its mostly staged out. I've been on a lot of reality TV show myself and know that most shows are very staged out. You can have your story but then they will also encourage you to do certain things like to be more dramatic and to make things more interesting. I guess they only care about the viewers and the money coming in. They don't think that displaying such falseness could hurt a lot of people and more so when they think it's real. There are so many reality TV show that is nothing to being real. They're heavily staged out. Its a business and its a difficult one so they have to make it so that people would watch it. They would lose a lot of money if people don't watch it right. I don't believe that there is that much drama on any show so Jerry Springer is definitely not all real. 

#14 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

I agree that Jerry Springer is all fake. Its mostly staged out. I've been on a lot of reality TV show myself and know that most shows are very staged out. You can have your story but then they will also encourage you to do certain things like to be more dramatic and to make things more interesting. I guess they only care about the viewers and the money coming in. They don't think that displaying such falseness could hurt a lot of people and more so when they think it's real. There are so many reality TV show that is nothing to being real. They're heavily staged out. Its a business and its a difficult one so they have to make it so that people would watch it. They would lose a lot of money if people don't watch it right. I don't believe that there is that much drama on any show so Jerry Springer is definitely not all real. 

There was discussion and debate about whether or not Jerry Springer was fake for years whilst the show was airing. Some people would say that they had been audience members at the show and it was real, and other people would say that they were told that the show was false when they were in the audience. I know that a lot of the stuff that happens on there is outrageous but some of those things could and would happen, especially in this day and age where nobody seems to have any morals.

Even if I were given proof that it was fake, it was still entertaining to me and I got a couple of laughs out of that show over the years. I would still watch it.

#15 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

This show is staged, I had a couple aunts (who are druggies) make up some crap to get on the show, well they got in but were told what to wear, what to say if I remember correctly, And the audience thing with the cue cards is true as well. This show isnt real at all its fake.

I think it's quite easy to figure out that it's staged just by watching it on the television itself. The audience reactions seem too controlled and artificial and much of these talk shows just appear fabricated in nature to increase the density of the drama. If people were to come on the show with their original issues, it wouldn't be all that effective without some added extras might I add.

#16 AngelicaNicole

AngelicaNicole

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

I think that the show is fake as well but I was watching some talk show and one of the guests on the Jerry Springer Show was discussing his experience on the show. He stated that it was real and the only thing that the staff and producers would ask of them was to be energetic and put on a great show but everything was all the guests' doing. I don't know what to believe because there may be some sort of agreement that all guests are not to expose the show but it really doesn't matter to me. I really enjoy the show, especially the ones that reveal that they are really a man--it's hilarious! I still watch it on You Tube.

#17 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

To add to what audience members have said in the past, some are required to sign contracts, vowing that they won't say much about what they saw after they have filmed and watched the show. That could just be because they don't want any spoilers getting out before the show actually hits TV, or because the show is fake and the audience is actually a part of the act too.

#18 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

To add to what audience members have said in the past, some are required to sign contracts, vowing that they won't say much about what they saw after they have filmed and watched the show. That could just be because they don't want any spoilers getting out before the show actually hits TV, or because the show is fake and the audience is actually a part of the act too.

Interesting, I've heard of them doing things like that on Game Shows, but not on Talk Shows. A friend of mine won $10k on The Price Is Right, and he wasn't allowed to talk about it until the show aired. But in addition to that, they withheld his prize money until the show aired, I guess as an incentive to keep his mouth shut. Perhaps on the talk shows, they refrain from paying the guest in a similar fashion, until the show airs?

#19 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Interesting, I've heard of them doing things like that on Game Shows, but not on Talk Shows. A friend of mine won $10k on The Price Is Right, and he wasn't allowed to talk about it until the show aired. But in addition to that, they withheld his prize money until the show aired, I guess as an incentive to keep his mouth shut. Perhaps on the talk shows, they refrain from paying the guest in a similar fashion, until the show airs?

They do the same thing on those psychic medium shows. They make he audience members sign a contract, but I am not sure if that is because the entire show is a fraud or because of spoilers. I wasn't aware that this was happening on game shows too. I can't believe they withheld your friend's money until the show aired lol. pretty good way of shutting someone up though.

#20 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

They do the same thing on those psychic medium shows. They make he audience members sign a contract, but I am not sure if that is because the entire show is a fraud or because of spoilers. I wasn't aware that this was happening on game shows too. I can't believe they withheld your friend's money until the show aired lol. pretty good way of shutting someone up though.

I was also thinking that I wonder if it has anything to do with the show recouping their prize money with the money received from the advertisers first. In other words, do the contestants still get paid if the show unexpectedly gets dropped and never airs? Perhaps just me being paranoid, and I suppose it's a long shot of an idea. I guess we would have hear more uproar about stuff like that if it really happened by now.