• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Zombies are everywhere these days. It's not something I actively look for, but if the book has good reviews then I'll check it out when I have free time. I prefer vampires though, I feel like they have a wider range than zombies

#42 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Zombies are everywhere these days. It's not something I actively look for, but if the book has good reviews then I'll check it out when I have free time. I prefer vampires though, I feel like they have a wider range than zombies

It's an invasion.  LOL I am not a fan to much either.  There is so little you can do with a Zombie in my opinion.

Vamps, werewolves, zombies. I like 'em all....depending. Zombies especially. For instance, World War Z? Nope. Dont like those at all. Those are NOT zombies.  lolol

Vamps and werewolves stories are the best.  You can do so much more with them.

#43 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

Trust me OP, you are NOT the only one who couldn't care less about zombies. They do absolutely nothing for me. They aren't scary or entertaining lol. I gave The Walking Dead a try and after the first season I stopped watching it. Season 2 was just too much of a drag. Now there is this new show called In The Flesh. haven't heard too much about it though.

This may be off-topic a little but ...  I, too, am not into zombies.  They are dumb creatures without any personality or character and the main objective is to see how many gruesome ways to kills them you can come up with.  However, I just started watching iZombie and absolutely love it.  It's not your typical zombie show.  The main character goes to a party and gets turned (it doesn't really show much about this).  Anyway, she was a doctor but is afraid of hurting people so she becomes a medical examiner.  The body of a murder victim comes in, and when she gets a craving - she takes a small bite of the brain.  This is when she discovers that she can see what the victim saw, and she takes on a little bit of the victims personality.  She helps the detective on the case, telling him she's a physic - and the two make a murder solving partnership.

The show is done in a humorous way, kind of comic book meets Castle.  It's really good, without all the blood and guts and endless slaughtering that you see in other zombie shows.

I have no idea why I find you saying that zombies have no personality funny. But it is absolutely hilarious lmao!!! I have never heard of IZombie?? I instantly think of Icarly when I read it, which led me to think that it was a kid's show or a teenage show, which clearly it is not since there are murders and victim's bodies lol. I will definitely give the show a go, since I am always looking for new shows to watch.

#44 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

I am not a very big fan of Zombie books, I am more of a Zombies movies and tv shows.  There is something about watching them visually in action verses reading about them.  But I have to admit I read World War Z, the book based on the movie, and I thought it was awesome.  It has made me reconsider Zombie books and I may check out some of the ones mentioned here.

I think one of the reasons World War Z appealed to me is because it was like reading someones diary, the way it was written.  Rather then being a piece of fiction, it actually seemed real because of that.  It was as if I was reading a piece of someones historical documentation to an event that happened rather then a writers imagination.  It was very well written.

I bet you felt super disappointed when you watched the movie, didn't you?  Hehehehe!  That is if you ever watched it, I did and regretted it.. I couldn't wait for it to be over, but my SO said he liked it the movie!!! So I had to check it out, because he's usually a bit picky, doesn't have the best taste in movies tho, but most of the time isn't so bad! Well... I did, not sure if you have as well, but let's say the only thing the book and the movie have in common is only the title, lol.  Nothing else, for reals!  The movie is basically Brad Pitt against all the odds, sprinting and playing the superhuman can't never hurt me hero.  It made almost no sense, I felt like the underestimated the audience with all those climbing zombies...

#45 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

I am not a very big fan of Zombie books, I am more of a Zombies movies and tv shows.  There is something about watching them visually in action verses reading about them.  But I have to admit I read World War Z, the book based on the movie, and I thought it was awesome.  It has made me reconsider Zombie books and I may check out some of the ones mentioned here.

I think one of the reasons World War Z appealed to me is because it was like reading someones diary, the way it was written.  Rather then being a piece of fiction, it actually seemed real because of that.  It was as if I was reading a piece of someones historical documentation to an event that happened rather then a writers imagination.  It was very well written.

I bet you felt super disappointed when you watched the movie, didn't you?  Hehehehe!  That is if you ever watched it, I did and regretted it.. I couldn't wait for it to be over, but my SO said he liked it the movie!!! So I had to check it out, because he's usually a bit picky, doesn't have the best taste in movies tho, but most of the time isn't so bad! Well... I did, not sure if you have as well, but let's say the only thing the book and the movie have in common is only the title, lol.  Nothing else, for reals!  The movie is basically Brad Pitt against all the odds, sprinting and playing the superhuman can't never hurt me hero.  It made almost no sense, I felt like the underestimated the audience with all those climbing zombies...

I actually liked the movie.  It is a different approach from the typical zombie idea.  Zombies have always been shown as slow and clumbsy and yet they manage to overtake the entire world and destory 90% its population.  Now that is a little ridiculious.  I can believe a fast moving zombie climbing a wall better then I can a slow moving one over taking the planet.

#46 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Don't laugh. When the zombies in World War Z were running that Brad saw them completely miss the kid...I didnt get it. Lololol  Then the old guy (or was it the other way around?). Lolol. I go, 'this makes no sense. They dont kill bald people?' omg lmfao

My partner just paused and goes 'what?'  LOLOLOL Hes all like 'Why would a kid be bald?' And I go 'idk...it's the style?' He just stared at me. Lolol 'They're sick.' I'm like 'yeah, I didnt get that.'. lololol

I'm still watching the sequel though. 😉

#47 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

Hahahahahahahaha, omg!!!! That is funny, lol I was like: ''Huh!!!  What did just happen'' What could those two have in common?''.  Both were bald :lol:  And... there is going to be a sequel? I might watch it as well, I mean, the film wasn't the best for me, but it wasn't so bad.  I mean, it kept me entertained, didn't bore me :)  I find everything that happened a little too much, but heh... at least it wasn't boring.