• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Yhvwthzmd_I

#2 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Once Upon a Time is a phenomenal story. Before it aired, Ginnifer Goodwin compared the show to LOST and it has not disappointed. Every character is significant and they all play their roles very well.

The story is set in two worlds, fairytale land and "reality". It is never said, but only hinted at that reality is also fairytale land, altered by the Queen. This leaves the answer up to the viewer.

While this show should be watched from the beginning, it is possible to pick it up in the middle and still follow what is going on.

#3 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

Academy Awards After Party

Ginny Goodwin and Robert Carlyle
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Awe, they are so adorable together. I'm not particular fond of what is happening with their story at the moment, but I do enjoy their on and off-screen chemistry. Ginnifer Goodwin is a wonderful actress.

#5 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yes she is.

I loved her on Big Love and in He is Just Not That Into You

#6 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Once Upon A Time has become my newest guilty pleasure. I am not really happy with the way Snow and Charmin's "reality" is going right now either, but I know it will all work out. I can't wait to see how August W. Booth fits in and who he really is in Fairytale Land.

#7 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Apparently Little Red Ridding Hood is the wolf?

How is that even possible

#8 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've been catching this little gem when it airs and I enjoy it. I had an opportunity a month or so ago to catch a marathon of episodes from the beginning to the last aired episode and found myself rioted to the plot and twists. When I first tuned in, I did so because of the evil queen, I had seen promos and wanted to see how she pulled off the switch from fairy tale evil (which is dramatic and over the top) to modern day evil (more subtle and more catty). I was delighted that she pulled it off without much of a struggle. I haven't seen it in the line up of programs; it might be that other "seasonal" shows are taking the spot and that it'll return in the summer. Keeping fingers crossed.

#9 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

OUAT is not one of the shows on hiatus, new episode aired last night.

#10 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

yeah, funny, it didn't air here either. I checked and double checked because I've missed a few episodes and I feel out of the story loop. I have been really busy for the past several weeks so, i got into my favorite comfy chair, got my snacks set and it wasn't on; something else was. *sigh* Oh well, I'll have to see if it comes back on next week.

#11 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Oh I see, you can watch it on ABC.com if you want to

http://beta.abc.go.c...nce-upon-a-time

#12 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

I wondered if Hulu carried it, but I'm glad to know ABC carries it on their site. I had forgotten you can now watch episodes of certain shows on the main channel site. I found out too, you can catch some episodes of some shows on the show's main site too. I got to watch the premier of "Two And A Half Men" when Charlie Sheen's character had his funeral. Interesting these days what you can watch on the Internet.

#13 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I'm not sure if I would call myself a fan of this show. Maybe a tentative fan. I'm going to have to see how I feel about it after the season ends or even after the second season begins. I want to love it, but it really has its weak moments. It seems to veer between brilliant and blah. This is my opinion, anyway.

I really like the premise, the fairy tale world meeting the real world. Some of the plot holes get on my nerves, though. And it feels like they ran out of ideas about halfway through the season and just started winging it.

The season is winding down and it's getting better and better. Anyone else watch this?

#14 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

I've never seen this show, but I love Ginnifer Goodwin. Maybe I'll check it out.

#15 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

None of the actors/actresses were familiar to me at all. I watched out of curiosity and really became captured by the pilot episode. Then caught the evil queen kill her own father over a very selfish reason. The story line doesn't appear to make sense and one thinks it would as the season progresses. I watch for no other reason than the flashbacks to the storybook version vs modern one.

#16 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

FYI there's spoilers in this post.

Okay, who else loved the finale? I did!! Man, I can't wait for the second season. I felt like this season was kind of weak at some points, probably because they were trying to draw out the breaking of the curse until the end and ran out of ideas. In the end, almost none of the storyline was relevant by the end.

The return of magic really evens out the playing field. Since everyone remembers who they really are, Regina was in serious trouble. Until now. This was a great way to make sure the second season is far more exciting than the first. Plus, it gives them way more room to expand the story without the limitations of the curse.

#17 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

I agree with you Bonnie but I really thought Rumpelstiltskin was going to use the True Love for good, especially when Bwlle found him. I am excited that they found a way to give this show a 2nd season because I really do love it.

#18 opal

opal

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

This is the only show in which I lose track of time and am always surprised when it goes off. My whole Sunday evening is planned around OUAT and I can't wait for the next season to begin. The finale really set it up for a fantastic second season.

#19 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

I cannot wait for this Sunday! I keep reading reactions from people who are lucky enough to have seen the new episode, and it only makes me want more. Like these observations over at TVLine.

#20 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Recap is up. What did you guys think?