• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#261 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Rumple is an amazing character and the actor that plays him is amazing.  I love how he can change personallity so easy for the show.  He plays his character with two different personalities, one where he is the dark one and one where he is Mr. Gold.  The other characters are all one personality.  They are the same in Storybrook as they were in Storyland.

#262 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:14 AM

Yes, the actor who plays Rumple has an amazing range.  Yesterday's episode proved that, when he was watching Belle, inside the Pawnshop then saw her with the other guy, you could see him go from being happy to being torn up. Great actor, who didn't have to utter a word of dialogue to convey the changes of emotion. The same as in the scene where he asked Ursula and Cruella if Belle asked about him you could see the disappointment sweep over him when they lied and told him that Belle didn't mention him.  I really hope that eventually Belle and Rumple get back together, they are each others great loves regardless of what has gone down.

I thnk there are anvils falling all over the place that Emma could turn dark.  We had them in the previous episode and now we were practically being hit on the head with them in this one.  From Maleficent saying that Snow and Charming's child had the ability to be good or very evil.  Then the whole Snow telling Regina that she needed to take measures to ensure that Emma didn't turn evil.  Yes, apparently Emma is going to lose it again perhaps worse then last year. I'm not sure that Charming and Snow are making the right choice in not telling Emma the truth about what they did.  Keeping this secret could be the thing that drives her over the edge. 

#263 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

That is usually what secrets do.  Just about every show I've seen people are keeping secrets and the secrets end up destroying those they kept it from to protect.  Moral, don't keep secrets.  LOL

#264 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

I thnk there are anvils falling all over the place that Emma could turn dark.  We had them in the previous episode and now we were practically being hit on the head with them in this one.  From Maleficent saying that Snow and Charming's child had the ability to be good or very evil.  Then the whole Snow telling Regina that she needed to take measures to ensure that Emma didn't turn evil.  Yes, apparently Emma is going to lose it again perhaps worse then last year. I'm not sure that Charming and Snow are making the right choice in not telling Emma the truth about what they did.  Keeping this secret could be the thing that drives her over the edge. 

Oh no, say it isn't so.  Emma turning to the dark side.  I, too, saw all the references to her having the potential for great evil.  Especially when Snow is telling Regina about it, and it cuts to Emma walking down the street with Hook, with their arms entwined and she had her head on his shoulder.  You can tell that she's really happy and "good", but you hear Snow talking about her potential for evil.  It will be an interesting plot line - having her be conflicted between her evil side and her love for Henry, Snow, Charming and Hook.  It could make for some really good scenes, but I don't want her to be evil!

And getting Regina to go undercover - how could that go wrong?  Really, that's like making an alcoholic work in a bar.  Is the temptation of using evil to get her happy ending going to be too much for her?  How will she be able to control her urge to use bad magic?

And I loved the image of Henry looking at the page from the book, with the picture of the door.  The look on his face, you know that he thinks he's found the author's house.  Where will this take him??

I have to agree with all the comments about Robert Carlyle (Rumble).  He is such a fantastic actor - Rumble's character couldn't have been better cast.  The way he's able to come in and out of character - between Mr. Gold and Rumble.  The way he's able to convey emotion without saying anything.  The way he is able to ooze evil, just by small gestures and laughter. 

#265 Faemonic

Faemonic

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

So, remember when I said that I wasn't watching this show anymore? I'm not. I mean, I haven't. The cast has become evidently more confused and exhausted by all the character developments, but each shiny new "spin" on a Disney thing is just that to me now; nothing new about adult orphans or vengeance or anything.

I'm kind of a shipper, but the way they handled Emma and Captain Hook is boring me. There is actually too much snogging and just physical affection and the same trumped-up problems in the relationship that go nowhere. I have abandoned my ship! That never happens!

So, I've actually just been reading these reviews and recaps, and thinking, hrmm, that's probably how it really went. Also, reading fanfiction.

BUT WAIT.

Colin O'Donoghue is playing Robert Carlyle playing Rumplestiltskin acting like Captain Hook and in the disguise of Captain Hook?

I'm tempted.

I'm very tempted.

(When is the rerun of this latest episode?)

#266 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

The story is starting to heat up with the villains coming into Story Brooke.  But they are kind of annoying me though especially after last week.  They still seem to think to have their happy ending they need to find the author, of the book.  Yet Ursula with the help of Hook and Ariel got her happy ending.  She got her beautiful voice back and was reunited with her estrange father. 

What Ariel said to Hook ws true that villains are missing the point they have it in them to change their outcomes and it has nothing to do with what was written.  She was right Gold could of had his happy ending if he just would of been happy being with Belle and running the pawn shop.  But no he had to have more power because he just so wanted to be free of the dagger, even if it wasn't a threat to him any longer because Beill had it in her possession.  Regina could of had her happy ending had she let Robin stay with her instead of going with Marion as he wanted.  But none of them are seeing it this way not even Hook who was told this by Ariel because he told Emma what she meant to him but fears he will lose her because of being a villain.  Did what Ariel said to him go in one ear then out the other?

#267 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

This weeks episode was surprising - to see Ursula as a young girl, who is good.  But because of her father, she feels she's lost everything with her voice, and she turns to evil.  Then Hook, with help from Ariel, realizes how to give her her voice back, and at the same time, mend her relationship with her father.  In the end, she turns back to being good.  I think they are trying to tell us that the characters can change their endings, but it's not necessarily with magic and power.  It will be interesting to see what they do with Cruella and Maleficent's characters - will they get their happy ending also?  Where they at one point good?  We know that Regina started out good, when she was young.  So, if they are able to move from good to evil, they should be able to go from evil to good.  Or are they going to continue to try to use magic for the change, which really keeps their characters evil.

#268 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

I like how they are now adding more villians in Storybrooke.  It was Regina for way to long and then Pan.... it was really starting to get boring and redunant.  At least now there are fresh faces.  I actually like the Wicked Witch episodes.  I thought it was great and I do actually like the way they connect all the worlds to one another rather then stick with one world or another.

#269 sammien94

sammien94

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

Does anyone else think they're starting to turn into an ongoing advertisement for Disney? I mean it used to be great in season 1, but now every other character is from a Disney movie apparently.

#270 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

Disney did not create any of these characters.  They existed long before Disney.  Many were from great writers like J.M. Barrie the original author of Peter Pan, Hans Christian Andersen the original author of the Little Mermaid, and The Brothers Grimm who wrote a string of famous stories such as Little Red Riding Hood only much more dark and sinister then Disney portrayed.  Disney just adopted those stories and changed them to be more child friendly is all.

#271 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

Exactly, these characters are from a string of various pieces of literature. Even Elsa from Frozen was based on the Snow Queen, that was made clear at the end of the movie.  That's why I thought it was interesting last night when August said that, that the characters had various authors.  Its the truth, yes the Brothers Grimm created most of the fairy tale characters, along with Hans Christian Anderson.  Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein another character that has shown up on this program and as state J.M. Barrie wrote Peter Pan.  Yes, Disney adapted these characters for the big screen but they didn't create them so I don't see this show as a Disney advertisement, even if Disney does own ABC.

Edited by pafjlh, 30 March 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#272 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Last night's episode was so good.  I love the new twist.  The idea that there are many authors, who only wrote stories of things that had happened.  That they recorded the greatest, true, stories.  Except for the last author, so starts to fictionalize the stories to make them better!!  Now that he's been released, what is going to happen in Storybrooke??  He's obviously a creative person, will he give them their happy ending, or is he going to turn everything on it's head?? (I think we know the answer to that question).

Then the previews - that they're bringing back the wicked witch and Robin Hood - it should really be interesting to see what happens.  And how about Maleficent's daughter - who will she turn out to be - is she in Storybrooke?  So many questions with so many fun answers.

#273 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

When I first saw the previews with the Wicked Witch coming back my first reaction was how is this possible, Rumple killed her.  But then I remembered that they just freed that trouble making author.  No doubt he is the one who brings the Wicked Queen back all so that he can make things as he would say more interesting.  So, apparently releasing this author wasn't a good idea, no telling what kind of havoc he will end up unleashing.

So Emma's childhood fiiend is Maleficent's daughter?  I guess that would explain why this character was introduced. I remember when they first brought on that story I are they exploring Emma's relationship with someone who isn't even connected to Storybrooke.  Now I know she is connected, which is kind of an interesting twist in itself.

#274 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

Well, that was a twist I didn't actually see coming.  Here I thought that the Author was going to resurrect Selena AKA The Wicked Witch of the West, turns out she never actually died.  I was kind of stun to discover that all along she had been pretending to be Marion after killing the actual Marion.  Now that was something out of nowhere thrown at the viewers.  Now Gold thinks he has Regina over a barrel because of the fact that Selena has Robin in her grasp and Regina can't get to him to help him.  I feel bad for Regina she is really in a tough spot and from previews it looks like its just going to get worse thanks to Cruella.  But who knows this could be part of Gold's plans with Emma.

#275 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

Wow, bringing Zelena back, I didn't see that one coming.  I'm really glad though.  She's a much better "bad" guy than Cruella and Maleficent.  It will be interesting to see her and Regina going at it again.  It's interesting to see how they are manipulating Emma's character - where she's starting to see that Snow and Charming aren't perfect - that they are flawed.  She's not handling it well though, so I they're going to keep us guessing whether she's going to turn to the dark side. 

#276 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

I haven't been watching of late, I must admit, but from what I am reading here I may want to get on the ball and start watching it again.  Sounds like it is going to get very interesting to watch.

#277 Faemonic

Faemonic

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

I am not sure if anyone has figured it out yet, but WHO is the GIRL WITH THE STAR on her wrist?! What is her purpose? I've been trying to figure out who she is, but nothing is coming to me. Perhaps we will learn more about it this upcoming episode because Emma needs to learn more about her past that Ingrid was hiding?

Wow, now we know in this episode! Lily is short for Lilith, she was adopted by the Potters and she's really Maleficent's daughter.

I don't understand why Lili's life would get worse when Emma goes away, though. Is a Curse of Darkness (not to be confused with the Dark Curse) halved and not doubled when shared?

I also know that Emma is going dark (because the makeup people are using red eyeliner on Jennifer Morrison's face) but Maleficent asked Emma to find her daughter, to reunite a family that never got to spend time together. I wonder why that didn't come up as a reason not to pull the trigger, when Emma was holding a gun to Lili's head.

I'm so glad that Zelena is back! I thought she was a cool villainess who was done away with far, far too soon! But...I don't know what the deal is with the DOOM, DOOM, DOOM music at the end. What did Regina say before about embryonic Neal? "You're having a baby, not inventing the wheel." That's what I hope she said to Zelena after the episode ended.

I was expecting Robin Hood to tell Regina that toddler Roland was dead or something. Zelena's pregnant, so...that's awkward, but not an apocalypse. Wasn't there like a curse that made everybody in Storybrooke like the rage zombies in 28 Days Later? That was more like something for the music to go DOOM, DOOM, DOOM about.

I did not watch the rest of this season. Why is Will Scarlett not with the Red Queen from Wonderland?? Why can Rumple not reverse his heart darkness? Snow White killed Cora last year and she's doing fine. Regina said that the dark spot on her heart would grow until there was no red left, but if it takes four hundred years like with Rumple... Snow had nothing to worry about!

Edited by Faemonic, 28 April 2015 - 07:10 AM.